Kauai County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Click to draw/clear place borders
Notable locations in Princeville: Princeville Ranch (A), Line Nine Golf Course (B), Ocean Nine Golf Course (C), Woods Nine Golf Course (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Princeville Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Swamps: Puu Poa Marsh (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hanalei River (A), Anini Stream (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Beaches: Pali Ke Kua Beach (A), Sea Lodge Beach (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Hanalei Bay Resort (5380 Honoiki Road), Princeville Resort (5520 Kahaku Road Princeville), Club Intrawest - Kauai (3970 Wyllie Rd), Hale Moi (5301 Kahaku Road), Marc Resorts at Princeville (5300 Ka Haku Road), Rainbow Suites (P.O. Box 3597).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Princeville and their reported violations in the past:
PRINCEVILLE (Population served: 1698, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 15.0%
(13.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 29.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 70.3% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 13.7% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This place: || 2.2 people|
|Hawaii: || 2.9 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This place: || 60.9%|
|Whole state: || 68.9%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This place: || 8.8%|
|Whole state: || 7.3%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.9% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Princeville, HI
91 people in other noninstitutional facilities in 2010
Princeville compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Princeville (2011 data):
- First Hawaiian Bank: Princeville Branch at 5-4280 Kuhio Highway, branch established on 1997/06/30. Info updated 2012/02/02: Bank assets: $15,830.2 mil, Deposits: $12,165.6 mil, headquarters in Honolulu, HI, positive income, 59 total offices, Holding Company: Bnp Paribas
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- No fuel used (77%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Princeville (based on Kauai County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 52.32%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||United Church of Christ||Episcopal Church||Assemblies of God|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Missionary Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Salvation Army||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||3.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||2.30 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|Kauai County:||0.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Kauai County:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||1.57 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||0.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Kauai County:||13.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||9.00 / 10,000 pop.|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
5.35% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($45,781 average adjusted gross income)
0.12% of residents moved from foreign countries ($958 average AGI)
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.15% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($40,719 average adjusted gross income)
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($443 average AGI)
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Princeville:
- KUAI (720 AM; 5 kW; ELEELE, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KQNG (570 AM; 1 kW; LIHUE, HI; Owner: VISONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHCM (940 AM; 10 kW; WAIPAHU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
- KUMU (1500 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF OAHU LICENSE LLC)
- KJPN (1370 AM; 6 kW; PEARL CITY, HI; Owner: DIAMOND BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Princeville:
- KITH-FM1 (98.9 FM; PRINCEVILLE, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII TWO, INC.)
- KTOH-FM1 (99.9 FM; PRINCEVILLE, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII ONE, INC.)
- KKCR (90.9 FM; HANALEI, HI; Owner: KEKAHU FOUNDATION, INC.)
- K233AK (94.5 FM; HANALEI, HI; Owner: SANCHEZ COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KAQA (91.9 FM; KILAUEA, HI; Owner: KEKAHU FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KAWV (98.1 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: O'HANA RADIO PARTNERS)
- K211DQ (90.1 FM; KAUAI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KSRF (95.9 FM; POIPU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KITH (98.9 FM; KAPAA, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII-TWO, INC.)
- KHJC (88.9 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KTOH (99.9 FM; KALAHEO, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII-ONE, INC.)
- KAQA-FM1 (91.9 FM; KILAUEA, HI; Owner: KEKAHU FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KSHK (103.3 FM; KEKAHA, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KFMN (96.9 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: FM 97 ASSOCIATES)
- KQNG-FM (93.5 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: VISONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Princeville:
- K68BE (Channel 68; HANALEI, ETC., HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC TELEVISION FOUNDATION)
- K62AQ (Channel 62; KILAUEA,KAUAI, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC TELEVISION FOUNDATION)
Princeville fatal accident list:
Nov 5, 1995 06:20 PM, Kekaulikel, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Feb 9, 1991 00:59 AM, Kahakurd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Nov 26, 1991 07:30 PM, Kahakurd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Pedestrians: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 25 meters (82ft)
Total costs: $3,035,000
Total average daily traffic: 27,270
Total future (year 2027) average daily traffic: 38,200
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
- 500' S Of State Hwy 56 (Lat: 22.208333 Lon: -159.467778), Type: 22.3, Overall height: 18.3 m
Registrant: 8477655840, , 2000 W AMERITECH CTR DR LOC 3F45B
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:
4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Princeville, HI
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- KA109-01 PRINCEVILLE, 4590 Kapaka St (Lat: 22.207250 Lon: -159.466611), Type: Pole, Structure height: 18.6 m, Overall height: 21.9 m, Call Sign: WPJB972
Assigned Frequencies: 6635.00 MHz
Grant Date: 02/23/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Carol L Tacker
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- PRINCEVILLE, Kuhio Hwy (Lat: 22.212250 Lon: -159.478583), Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: WHE594
Assigned Frequencies: 2174.80 MHz
Grant Date: 03/22/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 05/21/2012, Certifier: John Komeiji
Registrant: Hawaiian Telcom, Inc.,, 1177 Bishop Street, Honolulu, HI 96841, Phone: (808) 546-8799, Fax: (808) 546-3122, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Princeville
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 315DH , Serial Number: 17262662, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 11/19/1973
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, Po Box 223673, Princeville, HI 96722
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Princeville, HI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Princeville, HI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Princeville, HI
- Ace Hardware: 1
- FedEx: 1
- UPS: 1
Princeville on our top lists:
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Real estate and rental and leasing"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Registered nurses"
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Legal occupations:"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Clothing and clothing accessories, including shoe, stores"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Fire fighting and prevention workers including supervisors"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average yearly precipitation"
- #45 (96714) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers reporting profit/loss from business in 2004 (pop 1,000+)"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that exercised in the past month"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Kerry (Democrat) in the 2004 Presidential Election, pop. 50,000+"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the best general health status score of residents (1-5), 3 years of data"