|Median resident age:||37.8 years|
|Ohio median age:||40.5 years|
Zip codes: 43773.
Quaker City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $71,674 (it was $42,100 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $521.
- White alone - 493 (98.2%)
- Hispanic - 4 (0.8%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.4%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.4%)
- Two or more races - 1 (0.2%)
|Need some ideas what to do around Youngstown? (20 replies)|
|Youngstown Annex Boardman Austintown (45 replies)|
|Anyone move to the Youngstown/Warren/Boardman metro???? (101 replies)|
|Ohio City Name Game (155 replies)|
|New in the area looking for family friendly activities in the Mahoning Valley (9 replies)|
|Poland, OH: What's with the local lakes?? (24 replies)|
Latest news from Quaker City, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (39.1%), Irish (10.7%), English (9.0%), United States (5.4%), Dutch (3.1%), Arab (2.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 860 feet
Land area: 0.53 square miles.
Population density: 935 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Quaker City:
- High school or higher: 80.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 10.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Quaker City village:
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 56.1%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 3.7%
- Divorced: 17.3%
11 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Quaker City, Ohio as of May 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Quaker City to the number of sex offenders is 83 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $919 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $568 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Canton, OH (57.9 miles , pop. 80,806).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Pittsburgh, PA (77.1 miles , pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (326.1 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Salesville, OH (1.4 miles) , Batesville, OH (2.0 miles) , Barnesville, OH (2.6 miles ), Fairview, OH (2.6 miles) , Elizabethtown, OH (2.7 miles ), Lore City, OH (2.9 miles ), Old Washington, OH (3.0 miles ), Senecaville, OH (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 39.97 N, Longitude: 81.30 W
Area code: 740
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Construction (20%)
- Transportation and warehousing (12%)
- Utilities (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (56%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Information (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Public administration (3%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
Average climate in Quaker City, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Quaker City-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 34% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/8/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 23.4 miles away from the Quaker City village center killed one person and injured 14 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/13/1971, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 11.7 miles away from the village center injured 5 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Quaker City-area historical earthquake activity is near Ohio state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 115.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 113.1 miles away from Quaker City center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 187.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 138.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 166.8 miles away from Quaker City center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 187.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Guernsey County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Mudslides: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Nathan B. Scott - Union Army soldier.
Hospitals and medical centers near Quaker City:
- SOUTHEASTERN HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 6 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- BARNESVILLE HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION, INC Critical Access Hospitals (about 7 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- BARNESVILLE HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- ART INC-BARNESVILLE MAIN ST GH (Hospital, about 7 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- ART INC-WILEY AVENUE HOME (Hospital, about 8 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- ART INC-DUSTY LANE HOME (Hospital, about 9 miles away; BARNESVILLE, OH)
- STAR NURSING HOME INC (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; BETHESDA, OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Quaker City:
- Muskingum University (about 24 miles; New Concord, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,073)
- Zane State College (about 39 miles; Zanesville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,200)
- West Liberty University (about 40 miles; West Liberty, WV; FT enrollment: 2,728)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (about 46 miles; Steubenville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,572)
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg (about 54 miles; Parkersburg, WV; FT enrollment: 2,619)
- Waynesburg University (about 60 miles; Waynesburg, PA; FT enrollment: 2,080)
- Malone University (about 60 miles; Canton, OH; FT enrollment: 2,201)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Quaker City Elementary no longer exists. Was torn down 2 years ago...new educational complex built at Old Washington site. All students are bused there.
Notable location: Quaker City Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Greenlawn Cemetery (1), Friends Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
(15.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 55.6% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Quaker City compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Quaker City (2011 data):
- Peoples Bank, National Association: Quaker City Branch at 209 Broadway, branch established on 1994/11/29. Info updated 2006/11/29: Bank assets: $1,788.7 mil, Deposits: $1,356.7 mil, headquarters in Marietta, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 45 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Bancorp Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (64%)
- Electricity (29%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Quaker City village (based on Guernsey County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 32.46%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Churches of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Guernsey County:||2.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Guernsey County:||1.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Guernsey County:||4.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Totals for Government||2||$965||$5,790||0||$0|
3.97% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,258 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Muskingum County, OH||0.68% ($26,535 average AGI)|
|from Noble County, OH||0.38% ($23,804)|
|from Franklin County, OH||0.28% ($29,214)|
4.21% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,429 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Quaker City:
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVLY (1370 AM; 5 kW; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WKKX (1600 AM; 5 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WHBC (1480 AM; 15 kW; CANTON, OH; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBRJ (910 AM; 5 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WILE (1270 AM; 1 kW; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Quaker City:
- WOUC-FM (89.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WBNV (93.5 FM; BARNESVILLE, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- W201BD (88.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WOVK (98.7 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEGW (107.5 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIK (92.1 FM; PLEASANT CITY, OH; Owner: DAVID L. WILSON)
- WILE-FM (97.7 FM; BYESVILLE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCMJ (96.7 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEEL (95.7 FM; SHADYSIDE, OH; Owner: OHIO VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWKC (104.9 FM; CALDWELL, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WCDK (106.3 FM; CADIZ, OH; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS OHIO, LLC)
- WRKP (96.5 FM; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: RKP INTERNATIONAL CORP.)
- WOMP-FM (100.5 FM; BELLAIRE, OH; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WETZ-FM (103.9 FM; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: DAILEY CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Quaker City:
- WOUC-TV (Channel 44; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WTRF-TV (Channel 7; WHEELING, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC)
Total length: 2 meters (7ft)
Total average daily traffic: 1,920
Total average daily truck traffic: 102
Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic: 2,664
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 30
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Quaker City
|Most common first names in Quaker City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Quaker City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Quaker City, OH
- MasterBrand Cabinets: 2