We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||41.4 years|
|Alabama median age:||35.8 years|
Zip code: 36069
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,186 (it was $17,777 in 2000)
Ramer CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $104,843 (it was $74,800 in 2000)
Races in Ramer, AL (2000)
- 1,61461.2%White alone
- 99537.7%Black alone
- 110.4%Two or more races
- 50.2%American Indian alone
- 20.08%Asian alone
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 476 feet
Land area: 102.4 square miles.
Population density: 26 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ramer:
- High school or higher: 70.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.8%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ramer CCD:
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 63.2%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 12.0%
- Divorced: 6.6%
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Ramer, Alabama as of February 05, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Ramer to the number of sex offenders is 533 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Ramer CCD:||0.3% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Montgomery, AL (22.9 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (564.4 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Petrey-Highland Home, AL (3.0 miles ), Panola, AL (3.1 miles) , Pine Level, AL (3.2 miles ), Petrey, AL (3.6 miles) , Hope Hull, AL (4.0 miles ), Goshen-Shady Grove, AL (4.1 miles ), Pike Road, AL (4.2 miles ), Needmore, AL (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 32.03 N, Longitude: 86.25 W
Area code: 334
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Construction (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Health care (21%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (8%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Electricians (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (15%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Cashiers (10%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Ramer, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ramer-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 38% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1969, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.0 miles away from the Ramer place center killed 2 people and injured 14 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 12/19/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.7 miles away from the place center injured one person and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ramer-area historical earthquake activity is near Alabama state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 87.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 111.6 miles away from Ramer center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 174.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 107.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 400.6 miles away from Ramer center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 149.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Montgomery County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 7, Floods: 5, Hurricanes: 5, Tornadoes: 5, Winds: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Oscar Gamble - Baseball player.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ramer:
- Alabama State University (about 24 miles; Montgomery, AL; Full-time enrollment: 5,457)
- Troy University (about 24 miles; Troy, AL; FT enrollment: 16,148)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (about 24 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 4,092)
- Faulkner University (about 25 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 2,887)
- Tuskegee University (about 42 miles; Tuskegee, AL; FT enrollment: 2,810)
- Enterprise State Community College (about 57 miles; Enterprise, AL; FT enrollment: 2,101)
- Auburn University (about 60 miles; Auburn University, AL; FT enrollment: 22,741)
Public elementary/middle school in Ramer:
- Dunbar-Ramer School (Students: 205; Location: 56 NAFTEL RAMER RD; Grades: OK-8)
Notable locations in Ramer: Wiggins Farms (A), South Montgomery County Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Ramer include: New Hope Church (A), Pleasant Grove Church (B), Oakdale Church (C), Pleasant Hill Church (D), Sardis Church (E), Weeping Mary Church (F), White Cloud Church (G), Little Zion Church (H), Strata Church of Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Sprague Cemetery (1), Fair Prospect Cemetery (2), Fannin Cemetery (3), Philadelphia Cemetery (4), Sentell Cemetery (5), Garner Cemetery (6), Bell Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Edwards Ponds (A), Browns Ponds (B), Russells Lake (C), Vinson Ponds (D), Warrs Lake (E), Skinner Lake (F), Leisure Lake (G), Evans Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bedsole Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Montgomery City County Publicrary (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 5444 State Highway 94) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 27.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 23.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.7 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.230. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 22.7 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ramer and their reported violations in the past:RAMER WATER COMPANY, INC. (Population served: 1,515, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JAN-01-1995, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-04-1996), St Public Notif received (MAY-31-1996)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ramer that have no violations reported:
- PILGRIM-PROVIDENCE WATER AUTHORITY (Population served: 576, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Ramer compared to Alabama state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Ramer (2011 data):
- Brantley Bank and Trust Company: South Montgomery County Branch at 10 5 Main Street, branch established on 1975/12/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $65.1 mil, Deposits: $53.9 mil, headquarters in Brantley, AL, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Brantley Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (45%)
- Electricity (38%)
- Utility gas (15%)
- Wood (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ramer CCD (based on Montgomery County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Montgomery County:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||4.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
6.57% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,472 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,240 average AGI)
Montgomery County: 0.14% Alabama average: 0.05%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Elmore County, AL||0.75% ($29,071 average AGI)|
|from Autauga County, AL||0.45% ($26,696)|
|from Jefferson County, AL||0.31% ($25,591)|
7.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,085 average adjusted gross income)
0.13% of residents moved to foreign countries ($926 average AGI)
Montgomery County: 0.13% Alabama average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ramer:
- WMSP (740 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WACV (1170 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCAST PROPERTIES, LTD)
- WLWI (1440 AM; 5 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTBF (970 AM; 5 kW; TROY, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXVI (1600 AM; 5 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: SUNSHINE 16 RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WAPZ (1250 AM; 5 kW; WETUMPKA, AL; Owner: J & W PROMOTIONS, INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WQLS (1200 AM; 10 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ramer:
- WQLD (104.3 FM; LUVERNE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZHT (105.7 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLWI-FM (92.3 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTSU (89.9 FM; MONTGOMERY-TROY, AL; Owner: TROY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WAPR (88.3 FM; SELMA, AL; Owner: UA-ASU-TSU EDUCATIONAL RADIO CORP.)
- WBAM-FM (98.9 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: DEEP SOUTH BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHHY-FM (101.9 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WMCZ (97.1 FM; MILLBROOK, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMXS (103.3 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WQKS-FM (96.1 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCAST PROPERTIES, LTD)
- WVAS (90.7 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY (ASU))
- WAXU (91.1 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WKXN (95.9 FM; GREENVILLE, AL; Owner: AUTAUGAVILLE RADIO, INC.)
- WLBF (89.1 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC)
- WKMX (106.7 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: WKMX, INC.)
- WQZX (94.3 FM; GREENVILLE, AL; Owner: HAYNES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTBF-FM (94.7 FM; BRUNDIDGE, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAOQ (100.3 FM; BRANTLEY, AL; Owner: ALATRON CORPORATION, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ramer:
- WRJM-TV (Channel 67; TROY, AL; Owner: JOSIE PARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSFA (Channel 12; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WCOV-TV (Channel 20; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: WOODS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WNCF (Channel 32; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CHANNEL 32 MONTGOMERY LLC)
- WAKA (Channel 8; SELMA, AL; Owner: ALABAMA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WMCF-TV (Channel 45; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WDIQ (Channel 2; DOZIER, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WETU-LP (Channel 39; WETUMPKA, AL; Owner: CABLE VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
- WBIH (Channel 29; SELMA, AL; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAIQ (Channel 26; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- W61DH (Channel 61; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: FRAZER MEMORIAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:55 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Ramer)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Mike Green Forestry Fire Tower (Lat: 32.114028 Lon: -86.198306), Call Sign: KBI752
Assigned Frequencies: 151.175 MHz, 151.175 MHz, 159.315 MHz, 159.315 MHz, 159.465 MHz, 159.465 MHz
Grant Date: 06/01/2005, Expiration Date: 08/17/2015
Registrant: Alabama Forestry Commission, 2201 Cong. Dickinson Dr, Montgomery, AL 36109, Phone: (334) 242-5053, Fax: (334) 242-5079, Email:
- Rural Between Al Hwy 94 & Us 331 3.5 Mi Sw (Lat: 32.003750 Lon: -86.258583), Call Sign: KIW48
Assigned Frequencies: 456.050 MHz
Grant Date: 09/10/2011, Expiration Date: 10/07/2021
Registrant: Commserv-Inc, Montgomery, AL 36121, Phone: (334) 272-7373, Fax: (334) 244-6499, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:5
- DUBLIN, .4 Mi N Int Long Rd & Hwy 94 (Lat: 32.025000 Lon: -86.120278), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 81.7 m, Call Sign: WNEU655
Assigned Frequencies: 6093.45 MHz, 5974.85 MHz
Grant Date: 06/03/2010, Expiration Date: 08/07/2020
Registrant: Powersouth Energy Cooperative, 2027 East Three Notch St., Andalusia, AL 36420, Phone: (334) 427-3245, Fax: (334) 427-3439, Email:
- China Grove, 715 Peake Road (Lat: 32.062500 Lon: -86.040000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 140.2 m, Overall height: 145.9 m, Call Sign: WQOX405
Assigned Frequencies: 928.218 MHz, 952.218 MHz
Grant Date: 02/23/2012, Expiration Date: 02/23/2022, Certifier: Larry F Butts
Registrant: Levine, Blaszak, Block & Boothby, LLP, 2001 L Street, Nw, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 857-2574, Fax: (202) 223-0833, Email:
- ADA, Smiley Ferry Road (Lat: 32.062278 Lon: -86.274778), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 94.4 m, Call Sign: WQQN369
Assigned Frequencies: 6755.00 MHz
Grant Date: 01/31/2013, Expiration Date: 01/31/2023, Certifier: Charles Cleary
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- RAMER, 2.3 Miles Ssw Of (Lat: 32.020972 Lon: -86.249389), Overall height: 104.5 m, Call Sign: KJA22
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 5974.85 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 5974.85 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6063.80 MHz, 6093.45 MHz... (+6 more)
Grant Date: 02/02/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2020, Cancellation Date: 12/20/2012, Certifier: Paul Wilson
Registrant: At&t Services, Inc., 1120 20th Street, Nw, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-3048, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- RAMER, Main St (Lat: 32.049306 Lon: -86.219944), Overall height: 48.8 m, Call Sign: WLT449, Licensee ID: L00310074
Assigned Frequencies: 10875.0 MHz, 11035.0 MHz
Grant Date: 02/21/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 04/09/2011
Registrant: Mon Cre Telephone Cooperative Inc, Main St, Ramer, AL 36069
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Ramer)
Ramer on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Personal appearance workers"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Food preparation and serving related occupations:"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Lumber and other construction materials merchant wholesalers"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Protective service occupations:"
- #72 (36069) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of African first ancestries"