Ratliff City, Oklahoma
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||53.7 years|
|Oklahoma median age:||36.2 years|
Zip code: 73481
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,337 (it was $11,080 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $56,804 (it was $24,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $62,711; Detached houses: $62,703
Median gross rent in 2013: $885.
Races in Ratliff City, OK (2010)
- 9579.2%White alone
- 1210.0%American Indian alone
- 65.0%Black alone
- 54.2%Two or more races
Latest news from Ratliff City, OK collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (54.4%), English (1.1%), French (1.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1040 feet
Land area: 1.12 square miles.
Population density: 108 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ratliff City:
- High school or higher: 99.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ratliff City town:
- Never married: 30.6%
- Now married: 40.3%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 11.9%
- Divorced: 17.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $722 (0.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $388 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lawton, OK (52.8 miles , pop. 92,757).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Oklahoma City, OK (71.5 miles , pop. 506,132).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (121.5 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Tatums, OK (1.9 miles) , Velma, OK (3.0 miles ), Velma-Alma, OK (3.1 miles ), Foster, OK (3.4 miles) , Loco, OK (3.6 miles) , Katie, OK (3.6 miles ), Elmore City, OK (3.7 miles ), Healdton, OK (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 34.45 N, Longitude: 97.51 W
Area code: 580
Unemployment by year (%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (56%)
- Construction (25%)
- Transportation and warehousing (13%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Wholesale trade (0%)
- Retail trade (56%)
- Public administration (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (44%)
- Management occupations (38%)
- Transportation occupations (19%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (0%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (0%)
- Life, physical, and social science occupations (0%)
- Sales and related occupations (44%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (31%)
- Healthcare support occupations (13%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (0%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
Average climate in Ratliff City, Oklahoma
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ratliff City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Oklahoma state average. It is 185% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1972, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.3 miles away from the Ratliff City town center killed 5 people and injured 6 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/10/1979, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.2 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ratliff City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Oklahoma state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 211.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 63.0 miles away from Ratliff City center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 23.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 56.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/15/1990 at 11:44:41, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 LG, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 22.0 miles away from Ratliff City center
On 2/8/2002 at 16:07:13, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 52.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Carter County (26) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 12, Tornadoes: 9, Floods: 8, Fires: 6, Winter Storms: 6, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ratliff City:
- University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus (about 53 miles; Norman, OK; Full-time enrollment: 22,496)
- East Central University (about 54 miles; Ada, OK; FT enrollment: 4,030)
- Cameron University (about 54 miles; Lawton, OK; FT enrollment: 4,695)
- North Central Texas College (about 61 miles; Gainesville, TX; FT enrollment: 6,550)
- Mid-America Christian University (about 63 miles; Oklahoma City, OK; FT enrollment: 2,869)
- Oklahoma City Community College (about 66 miles; Oklahoma City, OK; FT enrollment: 8,904)
- Rose State College (about 70 miles; Midwest City, OK; FT enrollment: 4,896)
Notable location: Ratliff City Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Ratliff City Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 102. This is worse than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 37.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
(6.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 80.0% for American Indian residents)
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Ratliff City compared to Oklahoma state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (51%)
- Electricity (37%)
- Utility gas (10%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ratliff City town (based on Carter County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Carter County:||1.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Carter County:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Carter County:||6.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||5||$50|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$150|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$2,675||$32,100||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$1,922||$23,064||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||4||$7,559||$22,677||9||$1,837|
6.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,316 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Love County, OK||0.49% ($29,450 average AGI)|
|from Oklahoma County, OK||0.34% ($28,518)|
|from Marshall County, OK||0.27% ($31,727)|
5.86% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,436 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ratliff City:
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WWLS (640 AM; 5 kW; MOORE, OK; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KCAF (990 AM; 10 kW; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: RENAISSANCE RADIO, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KYNG (950 AM; 10 kW; DENISON-SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ratliff City:
- KICM (97.7 FM; HEALDTON, OK; Owner: ON THE AIR, INC.)
- KSYY (105.3 FM; KINGFISHER, OK; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWRD-FM (100.7 FM; HIGHLAND VILLAGE, TX; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA OF TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- KKNG-FM (93.3 FM; NEWCASTLE, OK; Owner: TYLER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KNIN-FM (92.9 FM; WICHITA FALLS, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBLP (105.1 FM; LINDSAY, OK; Owner: SO. CENTRAL OKLA. B/C & ADVERTISING)
- KFXI (92.1 FM; MARLOW, OK; Owner: DFWU, INC.)
- KYNZ (107.1 FM; LONE GROVE, OK; Owner: CHUCKIE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KIXO (106.1 FM; SULPHUR, OK; Owner: DFWU, INC.)
- KDDQ (105.3 FM; COMANCHE, OK; Owner: PERRY BROADCASTING OF SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ratliff City:
- K54BB (Channel 54; DUNCAN, OK; Owner: OKLAHOMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- K44BQ (Channel 44; ARDMORE, OK; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KXII (Channel 12; SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KXII LICENSEE CORP.)
- K32EK (Channel 32; ARDMORE, OK; Owner: LOCKE SUPPLY COMPANY)
- KOKT-LP (Channel 20; SULPHUR, OK; Owner: EQUITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Ratliff City fatal accident list:
Mar 2, 1994 10:00 AM, 7, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Nov 29, 1981 03:45 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Aug 10, 1979 03:30 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 2
Mar 13, 1976 11:55 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KD5ANK
Grant Date: 01/16/1998, Expiration Date: 07/21/2002, Cancellation Date: 07/22/2004
Registrant: Diane Jordan, Rt 1 Box 52, Ratliff City, OK 73081
- Call Sign: KF5LVO, Licensee ID: L01650656
Grant Date: 07/15/2011, Expiration Date: 07/15/2021, Certifier: Jeremy A Jones
Registrant: Jeremy A Jones, 2312 Yellow Page Rd, Ratliff City, OK 73481
- Call Sign: KF5NAH, Licensee ID: L01666424
Grant Date: 10/12/2011, Expiration Date: 10/12/2021, Certifier: Dewey J Grandy
Registrant: Dewey J Grandy, 1792 Yellow Page Rd, Ratliff City, OK 73481
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 36
Businesses in Ratliff City, OK
- U-Haul: 1