Rayville: I think this is First Baptist Church
Rayville: Intersection of Julia & Madeline Streets
Rayville: US 425/LA137 at I-20
Rayville: Richland Parish Courthouse
Rayville: Welcome to Rayville
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||32.8 years|
|Louisiana median age:||36.0 years|
Zip codes: 71269.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $12,366 (it was $8,589 in 2000)
Rayville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $66,059 (it was $45,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $81,764; Detached houses: $84,526; Mobile homes: $37,056
Median gross rent in 2013: $347.
Races in Rayville, LA (2013)
- 2,81874.2%Black alone
- 95725.2%White alone
- 150.4%Two or more races
- 30.08%American Indian alone
- 30.08%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
|Camp grounds, picnic areas or State Parks in or around Rayville, La. (1 reply)|
|Moving to Rayville (4 replies)|
|I-10 or I-20, which is better? (91 replies)|
|where is everyone from? (135 replies)|
|I-(insert number here) (10 replies)|
|Shreveport vs Baton Rouge (113 replies)|
Latest news from Rayville, LA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (10.2%), Irish (4.0%), English (1.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/04/1901
Elevation: 81 feet
Land area: 2.25 square miles.
Population density: 1,652 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Rayville:
- High school or higher: 65.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 12.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rayville town:
- Never married: 41.7%
- Now married: 37.2%
- Separated: 4.4%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 8.0%
According to our research of Louisiana and other state lists there were 50 registered sex offenders living in Rayville, Louisiana as of October 25, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Rayville to the number of sex offenders is 75 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $233 (0.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $236 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Monroe, LA (19.9 miles , pop. 53,107).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Shreveport, LA (117.5 miles , pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (285.0 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Start, LA (2.5 miles ), Oak Ridge, LA (3.2 miles) , Mangham, LA (3.4 miles ), Baskin, LA (3.9 miles) , Swartz, LA (3.9 miles ), Delhi, LA (3.9 miles ), Collinston, LA (4.0 miles ), Lakeshore, LA (4.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $223,500
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $68,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $122,500
- 2005: 24 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2006: 47 buildings, average cost: $159,000
- 2008: 39 buildings, average cost: $177,500
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $179,800
- 2010: 43 buildings, average cost: $175,700
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $174,100
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $175,700
- 2013: 3 buildings, average cost: $175,100
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.47 N, Longitude: 91.76 W
Area code: 318
|Crime rates in Rayville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 268.7)||597.2||449.7||522.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Rayville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.24|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -246 (-5.5%).
- Retail trade (23%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Health care and social assistance (13%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Accommodation and food services (19%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Information (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (20%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (17%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
Average climate in Rayville, Louisiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rayville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Louisiana state average. It is 105% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/21/1971, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 18.0 miles away from the Rayville town center killed 47 people and injured 510 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/1/1983, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.0 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 20 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Rayville-area historical earthquake activity is above Louisiana state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 233.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 188.3 miles away from Rayville center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 190.6 miles away from the city center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 334.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 279.7 miles away from Rayville center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 303.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Richland Parish (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Hurricanes: 5, Freezes: 2, Drought: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Elvin Hayes - Basketball player, Ernie Ladd - Football League All-Star player, Billy Boles - Politician, William L. Kirk - General, Boogie Woogie Red - Detroit blues, Edgar Jones (tight end) - Football player, Joe Lavender - Football player.
Hospitals in Rayville:
- BEE BAYOU COMMUNITY HOME (77 HIGHWAY 584)
- HOSPICE CARE FOUNDATION (810 JULIA STREET)
- NORTH RAYVILLE COMMUNITY HOME (733 HIGHWAY 852)
- RAYVILLE COMMUNITY HOME (STEVENSON ROAD-RT 1 BOX 46A)
- RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Hospital District or Authority, 254 HIGHWAY 3048)
- RICHLAND COMMUNITY HOME (3580 US HWY 80)
- RICHLAND HOSPICE, LLC (307 HAYES STREET)
- RICHLAND PARISH REHABILITATION HOSPITA (307 HAYES ST)
- TALLULAH COMMUNITY HOME (68 LUFFEY LANE)
Nursing Homes in Rayville:
- COLONIAL MANOR GUEST HOUSE NH (113 WHATLEY STREET P O BOX 874)
- COLONIAL MANOR NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER LLC (114 WHATLEY ST)
- NORTHEAST COMMUNITY CARE INC (1013 MADELINE STREET)
Dialysis Facilities in Rayville:
Home Health Centers in Rayville:
Airports and heliports located in Rayville:
- John H Hooks Jr Memorial Airport (M79) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 6,000, Local Ops: 12,000)
- Richardson Medical Center Heliport (81LS)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rayville:
- Louisiana Delta Community College (about 17 miles; Monroe, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,168)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (about 19 miles; Monroe, LA; FT enrollment: 6,764)
- Louisiana Tech University (about 53 miles; Ruston, LA; FT enrollment: 5,874)
- Alcorn State University (about 55 miles; Alcorn State, MS; FT enrollment: 3,479)
- Grambling State University (about 57 miles; Grambling, LA; FT enrollment: 4,885)
- University of Arkansas at Monticello (about 78 miles; Monticello, AR; FT enrollment: 3,130)
- Hinds Community College (about 80 miles; Raymond, MS; FT enrollment: 9,115)
Public elementary/middle school in Rayville:
- CROWVILLE SCHOOL (Students: 553, Location: 139 SCHOOL ROAD, Grades: PK-8)
Notable location: Rayville Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Shopping Center: Southgate Plaza Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Southern Pickin & Ginnin Festival (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 815 Louisa Street).
Hotels: Days Inn (125 Maxwell Drive), Rayville Motel (1134 Harrison Street), Ramada Limited (116 Cottonland Street).
Courts: Richland Parish - Court House Custodian (103 Julia South), Fifthjudicial District Court (112 Morgan Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 84.0. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2009 was 0.894. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 21.3. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 16.0. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 17.0 miles away from the city center.
(10.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 51.9% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
253 people in nursing homes in 2000
2 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere in 2000
Banks with branches in Rayville (2011 data):
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Company of Delhi, Louisiana: Rayville Branch at 802 South Julia Street, branch established on 1974/11/04; Start Branch at 2899 Louisiana Hwy 133, branch established on 2005/07/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $130.4 mil, Deposits: $108.7 mil, headquarters in Delhi, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Delhi Bancshares, Inc.
- Cross Keys Bank: Rayville Branch at 1913 Julia Street, branch established on 2003/08/25. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $317.6 mil, Deposits: $252.6 mil, headquarters in Saint Joseph, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Bsj Bancshares, Inc.
- BancorpSouth Bank: Glenda Street Branch at 107 Glenda Street, branch established on 1998/08/19. Info updated 2007/07/18: Bank assets: $12,990.3 mil, Deposits: $10,863.8 mil, headquarters in Tupelo, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 271 total offices, Holding Company: Bancorpsouth, Inc.
- Richland State Bank: at 724 Louisa St, branch established on 1902/09/15. Info updated 2008/12/30: Bank assets: $222.8 mil, Deposits: $196.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Richland State Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Rayville town (based on Richland Parish data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Richland Parish:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland Parish:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland Parish:||4.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.92 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Rayville, LA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$17,364||$29,767||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||10||$21,381||$25,657||4||$4,298|
|Police - Other||0||$0||7||$9,705|
|Streets and Highways||6||$7,386||$14,772||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$12,429||$29,830||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||4||$8,170||$24,510||1||$1,503|
|Totals for Government||46||$92,382||$24,100||15||$19,509|
Rayville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing & Community Development: $693,000 ($186.29)
- Current Operations - Housing & Community Development: $696,000 ($187.10)
Financial Administration: $535,000 ($143.82)
Regular Highways: $525,000 ($141.13)
Police Protection: $500,000 ($134.41)
Water Utilities: $307,000 ($82.53)
Solid Waste Management: $201,000 ($54.03)
Parks & Recreation: $119,000 ($31.99)
Sewerage: $113,000 ($30.38)
Fire Protection: $111,000 ($29.84)
- General - Interest on Debt: $64,000 ($17.20)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Financial Administration: $19,000 ($5.11)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $21,000 ($5.65)
Financial Administration: $20,000 ($5.38)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $890,000 ($239.25)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $45,000 ($12.10)
Rayville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $357,000 ($95.97)
Housing & Community Development: $139,000 ($37.37)
Sewerage: $104,000 ($27.96)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $586,000 ($157.53)
Housing & Community Development: $570,000 ($153.23)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $10,000 ($2.69)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $149,000 ($40.05)
Interest Earnings: $25,000 ($6.72)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $282,000 ($75.81)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $74,000 ($19.89)
Health & Hospitals: $28,000 ($7.53)
General Support: $25,000 ($6.72)
Highways: $7,000 ($1.88)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $951,000 ($255.65)
NEC: $222,000 ($59.68)
Property: $145,000 ($38.98)
Rayville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,023,000 ($275.00)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,035,000 ($278.23)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $1,008,000 ($270.97)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $530,000 ($142.47)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $505,000 ($135.75)
Water Utilities: $14,000 ($3.76)
Rayville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,165,000 ($313.17)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $951,000 ($255.65)
6.22% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,688 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ouachita Parish, LA||2.16% ($31,007 average AGI)|
|from Franklin Parish, LA||0.70% ($34,083)|
|from West Carroll Parish, LA||0.35% ($28,083)|
6.22% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,958 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Rayville:
- KRJO (1680 AM; 10 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNOE (540 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KMLB (1440 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA)
- KMBS (1310 AM; 5 kW; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: RED BEAR BROADCASTING)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KLIC (1230 AM; 1 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rayville:
- KJLO-FM (104.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNOE-FM (101.9 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KEDM (90.3 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE)
- KXRR (106.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: MONROE RADIO MEMBERS, L.L.C.)
- KXUL (91.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE)
- KGGM (93.5 FM; DELHI, LA; Owner: K.T. ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- KZRZ (98.3 FM; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: MONROE RADIO MEMBERS, L.L.C.)
- KMYY (92.3 FM; RAYVILLE, LA; Owner: MONROE RADIO MEMBERS, L.L.C.)
- KLIP (105.3 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KRVV (100.1 FM; BASTROP, LA; Owner: HOLLADAY BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA, INC)
- KHLL (100.9 FM; RICHWOOD, LA; Owner: GILLILAND, INC.)
- KMAR-FM (95.9 FM; WINNSBORO, LA; Owner: BOEUF RIVER BROADCASTING CO)
- KYFL (89.5 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KJMG (97.3 FM; BASTROP, LA; Owner: HOLLADAY BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA,)
TV broadcast stations around Rayville:
- K26EV (Channel 26; RAYVILLE, LA; Owner: DON RAYBURN, JR.)
- K24EO (Channel 24; RAYVILLE, LA; Owner: DON RAYBURN, JR.)
- KARD (Channel 14; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: QUORUM OF LOUISIANA LICENSE, LLC)
- KNOE-TV (Channel 8; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KLTM-TV (Channel 13; MONROE, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- KAQY (Channel 11; COLUMBIA, LA; Owner: MONROE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTVE (Channel 10; EL DORADO, AR; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF MONROE/EL DORADO LICENSE LLC)
- KMCT-TV (Channel 39; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA CHRISTIAN B/CASTING, INC.)
- KWMS-LP (Channel 17; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: SONRISE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K59GI (Channel 59; MONROE, LA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KMNO-LP (Channel 22; MONROE, LA; Owner: GREAT OAKS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 48m157ftTotal length
- $163,000Total costs
- 66,380Total average daily traffic
- 12,956Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 144 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Rayville, LA)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Rayville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 31 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Rayville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Rayville and their reported violations in the past:BCC DETENTION CENTER WS (Address: 316 DEHLCO ROAD , Population served: 150, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2012, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-04-2012), St Public Notif requested (OCT-04-2012)
- One minor monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 41
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Rayville, Louisiana:
- Super 8, 116 Cottonland Dr, Rayville, Louisiana 71269 , Phone: (318) 728-5985, Fax: (318) 728-5797
- Super 8, 116 Cottonwood Dr, Rayville, Louisiana 71269 , Phone: (318) 728-5985, Fax: (318) 728-5797
|Most common first names in Rayville, LA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Rayville, LA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (50%)
- Electricity (50%)
|Businesses in Rayville, LA|
|Circle K||1||Super 8||1|
|H&R Block||1||Waffle House||1|
Rayville compared to Louisiana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Total of 10 patent applications in 2008-2016.