|Median resident age:||41.6 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 76680
Reagan CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $57,646 (it was $39,100 in 2000)
- White alone - 608 (82.8%)
- Black alone - 70 (9.5%)
- Hispanic - 51 (6.9%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.5%)
- Two or more races - 1 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 176.1 square miles.
|Population density: 3.8 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Reagan:
- High school or higher: 72.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Reagan CCD:
- Never married: 12.0%
- Now married: 61.1%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 12.6%
- Divorced: 14.2%
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Reagan, Texas as of January 27, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Reagan to the number of sex offenders is 668 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Reagan CCD:||0.9% ($369)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Waco, TX (32.6 miles , pop. 113,726).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Austin, TX (86.6 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (109.2 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Bremond, TX (2.5 miles ), Kosse, TX (3.1 miles ), Marlin, TX (3.1 miles ), Lott, TX (4.0 miles ), Rosebud, TX (4.0 miles ), Perry, TX (4.1 miles ), Thornton, TX (4.1 miles ), Calvert, TX (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 31.22 N, Longitude: 96.76 W
Area code: 254
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (26%)
- Construction (17%)
- Metal and metal products (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Food (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care (26%)
- Food and beverage stores (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Apparel (9%)
- Retail florists (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (20%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Accountants and auditors (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
Average climate in Reagan, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Reagan-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 50% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/11/1953, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 32.3 miles away from the Reagan place center killed 114 people and injured 597 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/10/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 21.7 miles away from the place center killed 6 people and injured 77 people.
Earthquake activity:Reagan-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 265.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 398.0 miles away from Reagan center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 185.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 238.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 176.6 miles away from Reagan center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 380.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Falls County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Flood: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dan Kubiak - Politician, L. B. Kubiak - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Reagan:
- BREMOND NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BREMOND, TX)
- BREMOND NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BREMOND, TX)
- FOSTER GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- FALLS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL AND CLINIC Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- GOLDEN YEARS NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- GOLDEN YEARS REST HOME (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- ROBERT E LEE GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Reagan:
- Baylor University (about 31 miles; Waco, TX; Full-time enrollment: 14,800)
- Texas State Technical College-Waco (about 35 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 4,210)
- McLennan Community College (about 36 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 6,673)
- Temple College (about 37 miles; Temple, TX; FT enrollment: 3,796)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (about 43 miles; Belton, TX; FT enrollment: 2,885)
- Texas A & M University-College Station (about 49 miles; College Station, TX; FT enrollment: 46,550)
- Hill College (about 58 miles; Hillsboro, TX; FT enrollment: 2,968)
Notable location: Reagan Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Reagan include: Pleasant Grove Church (A), Antioch Church (B), Bowman Chapel (C), Fish Creek Church (D), Hopewell Church (E), Saint Paul Church (F), New Hope Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Facieo Cemetery (1), Waite Cemetery (2), Bethany Cemetery (3), Washington Cemetery (4), Hopewell Cemetery (5), Williams Cemetery (6), New Bowman Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Big Creek (A), Flag Lake (B), Wachel Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bee Branch (A), Big Creek (B), Darting Minnow Creek (C), Willow Creek (D), Sandy Creek (E), Sulfur Creek (F), Keechi Creek (G), Tucker Creek (H), Salt Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Reagan compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (50%)
- Electricity (32%)
- Utility gas (15%)
- Wood (3%)
Religion statistics for Reagan CCD (based on Falls County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 56.51%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||Churches of Christ|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||United Church of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Falls County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Falls County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Falls County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
7.53% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200533,466 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from McLennan County, TX||2.31% ($28,816 average AGI)|
|from Bell County, TX||1.26% ($30,129)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.28% ($18,429)|
8.24% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200625,707 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Reagan:
- KBBW (1010 AM; 10 kW; WACO-MARLIN, TX; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING OF TEXAS)
- KRZI (1580 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KRZX (1660 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KZNE (1150 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Reagan:
- WACO-FM (99.9 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWTX-FM (97.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KXCS (103.9 FM; CAMERON, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
- KBGO (95.7 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWBU-FM (103.3 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KLRK (92.9 FM; MARLIN, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KZTR (101.9 FM; FRANKLIN, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Reagan:
- KCEN-TV (Channel 6; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- KXXV (Channel 25; WACO, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWKT (Channel 44; WACO, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KWTX-TV (Channel 10; WACO, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KYLE (Channel 28; BRYAN, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF BRYAN LICENSE CORP.)
- KWBU-TV (Channel 34; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
Reagan fatal accident list:
Mar 23, 1981 06:00 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Reagan)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Westphalia Tower, Int. Of Cr2902 And Cr2903 (Lat: 31.220861 Lon: -96.783472), Type: Tower, Structure height: 24.4 m, Call Sign: WQFF429
Assigned Frequencies: 957.950 MHz
Grant Date: 06/30/2006, Expiration Date: 06/30/2016, Certifier: Rob Douglas
Registrant: Huffman Communications, 2829 W. 7th Ave, Corsicana, TX 75151-1753, Phone: (903) 872-8306, Fax: (903) 872-6032, Email:
- AU54XC350, Au54xc350 (Lat: 31.222611 Lon: -96.796389), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 76.8 m, Overall height: 78.3 m, Call Sign: WQQH907
Assigned Frequencies: 10895.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz
Grant Date: 12/18/2012, Expiration Date: 12/18/2022, Certifier: Garrie C Losee
Registrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive M/S: Varesa0209, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: REKIETA JAMES GLASTAR (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 57AJ , Serial Number: 5217, Year manufactured: 2001, Airworthiness Date: 05/14/2001
Registrant (Individual): James Rekieta, 727 State Highway 6, Reagan, TX 76680
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2014.