|Median resident age:||59.8 years|
|Nebraska median age:||42.2 years|
Zip codes: 68971.
Republican City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $67,036 (it was $40,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $494.
- White alone - 148 (98.7%)
- Hispanic - 2 (1.3%)
|inavale ne anyone ever heard of this place? (13 replies)|
|What Nebraska city do YOU live in? (80 replies)|
|Favorite eating place in Nebraska? (68 replies)|
|NE in May - so excited! (16 replies)|
|Hobby Farms in Nebraska (17 replies)|
|Oshkosh, Nebraska; Info Request (15 replies)|
Latest news from Republican City, NE collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (35.5%), English (12.7%), Norwegian (7.6%), Irish (6.4%), Czech (6.0%), French (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 2050 feet
Land area: 0.33 square miles.
|Population density: 452 people per square mile||(low).|
For population 25 years and over in Republican City:
- High school or higher: 84.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Republican City village:
- Never married: 14.2%
- Now married: 56.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 13.8%
- Divorced: 15.6%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Nebraska and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Republican City, Nebraska as of January 25, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Republican City to the number of sex offenders is 149 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $900 (1.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,321 (1.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lincoln, NE (142.8 miles , pop. 225,581).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (522.6 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Naponee, NE (2.1 miles) , Alma, NE (2.7 miles ), Huntley, NE (2.9 miles) , Bloomington, NE (3.1 miles) , Orleans, NE (3.6 miles ), Franklin, NE (3.8 miles ), Ragan, NE (3.9 miles) , Wilcox, NE (4.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $70,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,500
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $32,500
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $125,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $42,500
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $107,200
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.10 N, Longitude: 99.22 W
Area code: 308
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Construction (26%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (18%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Health care and social assistance (41%)
- Transportation and warehousing (17%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (13%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Other financial specialists (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Top executives (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (14%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (11%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (9%)
- Other financial specialists (7%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (7%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
Average climate in Republican City, Nebraska
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Republican City-area historical tornado activity is near Nebraska state average. It is 87% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1985, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.1 miles away from the Republican City village center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/10/1985, a category F4 tornado 25.7 miles away from the village center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Republican City-area historical earthquake activity is near Nebraska state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 660.5 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 366.2 miles away from Republican City center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 185.5 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 261.3 miles away from the city center
On 5/30/1991 at 22:07:44, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 62.8 miles away from Republican City center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 284.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Harlan County (8) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 3, Snows: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Republican City:
- University of Nebraska at Kearney (about 43 miles; Kearney, NE; Full-time enrollment: 6,047)
- Central Community College (about 71 miles; Grand Island, NE; FT enrollment: 4,159)
- Fort Hays State University (about 85 miles; Hays, KS; FT enrollment: 8,728)
- Barton County Community College (about 121 miles; Great Bend, KS; FT enrollment: 4,108)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (about 142 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 20,817)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University (about 145 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 2,072)
- Southeast Community College Area (about 146 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 8,838)
Notable locations in Republican City: Republican Station (A), Midland Co-op Elevator (B), Republican City Fire and Rescue Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Republican City: United Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Dave's Cabins (12149 Road H).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Republican City and their reported violations in the past:REPUBLICAN CITY, VILLAGE OF (Population served: 199, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2006 and JUN-2006, Contaminant: Nitrate-Nitrite. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAY-24-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAY-24-2006), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (JUN-05-2006), St Public Notif received (JUN-09-2006)
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-2006 and MAR-2006, Contaminant: Nitrate-Nitrite. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-23-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-23-2006), St Public Notif received (MAR-07-2006), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (JUN-05-2006)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JAN-2002, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-04-2002), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-04-2002), St Public Notif received (FEB-14-2002)
|This village:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Republican City compared to Nebraska state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Republican City (2011 data):
- Commercial State Bank: at 20 Circle Drive, branch established on 1903/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $61.5 mil, Deposits: $46.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Commercial State Holding Company, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (77%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Wood (11%)
Religion statistics for Republican City village (based on Harlan County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 60.35%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Harlan County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nebraska:||2.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harlan County:||2.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nebraska:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harlan County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||17.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,349||$28,188||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||1||$367|
|Totals for Government||2||$3,151||$18,906||1||$367|
Republican City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Financial Administration: $25,000 ($167.79)
Regular Highways: $10,000 ($67.11)
Central Staff Services: $5,000 ($33.56)
General Public Buildings: $1,000 ($6.71)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $55,000 ($369.13)
Central Staff Services: $33,000 ($221.48)
Gas Utilities: $28,000 ($187.92)
Financial Administration: $25,000 ($167.79)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($107.38)
General - Other: $13,000 ($87.25)
General Public Buildings: $5,000 ($33.56)
Sewerage: $2,000 ($13.42)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $1,000 ($6.71)
Police Protection: $1,000 ($6.71)
Fire Protection: $1,000 ($6.71)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $54,000 ($362.42)
Republican City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $28,000 ($187.92)
Sewerage: $2,000 ($13.42)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,000 ($6.71)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $29,000 ($194.63)
Interest Earnings: $7,000 ($46.98)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $28,000 ($187.92)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($107.38)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $21,000 ($140.94)
All Other: $5,000 ($33.56)
General Support: $3,000 ($20.13)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $28,000 ($187.92)
Property: $21,000 ($140.94)
NEC: $16,000 ($107.38)
Republican City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $175,000 ($1174.50)
5.63% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200530,000 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
7.70% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200630,558 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
|to Buffalo County, NE||1.30% ($22,813 average AGI)|
Strongest AM radio stations in Republican City:
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KKPR (1460 AM; 5 kW; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: PLATTE RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- KMMJ (750 AM; 11 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: JRK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KKAN (1490 AM; 1 kW; PHILLIPSBURG, KS; Owner: WALTER C. SEIDEL)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFRM (550 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KBRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: MCCOOK RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- KRGI (1430 AM; 5 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Republican City:
- KLNE-FM (88.7 FM; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KQKY (105.9 FM; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KRNY (102.3 FM; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KLIQ (94.5 FM; HASTINGS, NE; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KROR (101.5 FM; HASTINGS, NE; Owner: ETERNAL BROADCASTING, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Republican City:
- KLNE-TV (Channel 3; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KHGI-TV (Channel 13; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF CENTRAL NEBRASKA, A CALIFORNIA LP)
- KGIN (Channel 11; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: KOLN/KGIN LICENSE, INC.)
- KTVG (Channel 17; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: HILL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Republican City fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: K0KJG, Licensee ID: L01021963
Grant Date: 05/25/2005, Expiration Date: 08/23/2015, Certifier: Benjamin C Boell
Registrant: Benjamin C Boell, 70456 Haskins Hill Rd, Republican City, NE 68971
- Call Sign: N0BBX, Licensee ID: L00158825
Grant Date: 03/01/2004, Expiration Date: 05/24/2014, Certifier: C Rolland Waggoner
Registrant: C Rolland Waggoner, 12066 710 Rd, Republican City, NE 68971
- Call Sign: N0SHZ, Licensee ID: L00217508
Grant Date: 04/28/1992, Expiration Date: 04/28/2002, Cancellation Date: 04/29/2004
Registrant: Alice E Wakeman, Rt1 Box 42d, Republican City, NE 68971
- Call Sign: N0VMP, Licensee ID: L00602271
Grant Date: 03/12/2013, Expiration Date: 03/12/2023, Certifier: Michael L Andrews
Registrant: Michael L Andrews, 203 Center Ave, Republican City, NE 68971
- Call Sign: W0WBE, Licensee ID: L00217501
Grant Date: 10/31/1994, Expiration Date: 10/31/2004, Cancellation Date: 03/21/2000
Registrant: Ritchie T Wakeman, 213 Truman Ave, Republican City, NE 68971
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Republican City, NE among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Republican City, NE among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|