We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||48.9 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54526.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $33,165 (it was $21,435 in 2000)
Richland town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $157,500 (it was $96,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $170,581; Detached houses: $179,014; Townhouses or other attached units: $382,410; In 2-unit structures: $193,238; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $157,889; Mobile homes: $38,973; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $25,898
Races in Richland, WI (2010)
- 1,30294.4%White alone
- 171.2%Black alone
- 80.6%Two or more races
- 40.3%Asian alone
- 20.1%American Indian alone
Ancestries: German (37.6%), Irish (15.3%), English (14.9%), Norwegian (12.8%), United States (3.9%), Czech (3.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 31.5 square miles.
Population density: 44 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Richland:
- High school or higher: 81.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Richland town:
- Never married: 18.5%
- Now married: 61.7%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 10.2%
- Divorced: 8.5%
18 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Richland town:||1.8% ($1,768)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Madison, WI (53.1 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (172.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Richland Center, WI (0.9 miles ), Rockbridge, WI (2.4 miles ), Orion, WI (2.5 miles ), Ithaca, WI (2.5 miles ), Sextonville, WI (2.6 miles ), Boaz, WI (2.8 miles) , Buena Vista, WI (2.9 miles ), Willow, WI (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 43.35 N, Longitude: 90.38 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (6%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care (12%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Richland, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Richland-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 47% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.2 miles away from the Richland town center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 33.0 miles away from the town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Richland-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 362.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 150.9 miles away from Richland center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 339.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 122.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 322.0 miles away from Richland center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 362.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Richland County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 13, Tornadoes: 7, Mudslides: 2, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Richland:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 43 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- Edgewood College (about 53 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 53 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 53 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 54 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Viterbo University (about 54 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- Western Technical College (about 55 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
Notable locations in Richland: Richland Center Wastewater Treatment Facility (A), Bee Run Dairy and Stock Farm (B), Castle Rock Farm (C), Draw Valley Farm (D), Elm Grove Place (E), Elm Grove Stock Farm (F), Evergreen Place (G), Oakwood Farm (H), Pleasant Valley Farm (I), South Willow Stock and Dairy Farm (J), Spring Brook Farm (K), Richland Country Club (L), Sunnyside Dairy Farm (M), West Willow Stock and Dairy Farm (N), Willow Creek Valley Farm (O), Willow Dale Dairy Farm (P), Sunset Orchard (Q), Starlite 14 Drive-In (R), Roadrunner Gymnasium (S), Ayreshire Stock Farm (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Richland include: Trinity United Methodist Church (A), Town and Country Presbyterian Church (B), Saint Marys Catholic Church (C), Saint Lukes Lutheran Church (D), Saint Johns Lutheran Church (E), Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church (F), Richland Baptist Temple (G), Peace United Methodist Church (H), Park Street Christian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Pine River Cemetery (1), Bowen Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Richland Center Millpond 189 (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Horse Creek (A), Fancy Creek (B), Rocky Branch (C), Spring Creek (D), Brush Creek (E), Center Creek (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Richland: Story Field (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
99 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Richland (2011 data):
- Associated Bank, National Association: Richland Center Branch at 101 East Court Street, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2008/09/12: Bank assets: $21,715.0 mil, Deposits: $15,244.4 mil, headquarters in Green Bay, WI, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 282 total offices, Holding Company: Associated Banc-Corp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Richland town (based on Richland County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Richland County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||5.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.42% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,333 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sauk County, WI||0.91% ($31,656 average AGI)|
|from Grant County, WI||0.67% ($22,422)|
|from Vernon County, WI||0.57% ($29,842)|
5.98% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,382 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Richland:
- WRCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WTDY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Richland:
- WRCO-FM (100.9 FM; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WNFM (104.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WBDL (102.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WJTY (88.1 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: JOY PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WRJC-FM (92.1 FM; MAUSTON, WI; Owner: WRJC, INCORPORATED)
TV broadcast stations around Richland:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $417,000Total costs
- 12,396Total average daily traffic
- 804Total average daily truck traffic
- 17,506Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KC9HHI, Licensee ID: L00992715, Grant Date: 03/18/2005, Expiration Date: 03/18/2015, Certifier: Jesse D Peckham, Registrant: Jesse D Peckham, 23747 Country Ln, Richland, WI 53581
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (54%)
- Utility gas (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (13%)
- Wood (7%)
- Electricity (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Businesses in Richland, WI
- Nike: 1
Richland compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.