Roanoke: First United Methodist Church
Roanoke: Knight-Enloe Elementary School - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Downtown Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: City Hall - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Christian Service Center on Main Street in Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Highway Alabama 22 Downtown
Roanoke: Handley Middle School - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Fire Department - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Handley High School - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Downtown Roanoke Ala Hwy 22
Roanoke: Police Department - Roanoke, Alabama
Roanoke: Roanoke, Alabama City Welcome Sign
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.5 years|
|Alabama median age:||38.7 years|
Zip codes: 36274.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $19,991 (it was $14,088 in 2000)
Roanoke city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $88,581 (it was $60,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $209,883; Detached houses: $226,216; Mobile homes: $35,099
Median gross rent in 2015: $567.
Races in Roanoke, AL (2010)
- 3,44356.7%White alone
- 2,45740.5%Black alone
- 520.9%Two or more races
- 350.6%Asian alone
- 150.2%American Indian alone
- 10.02%Other race alone
|The Gap at Bel Air Mall is closing January 26 (34 replies)|
|Searching for "Roots" (1 reply)|
|Mobile used to be big (3 replies)|
|No Hub In McCalla (31 replies)|
|Sweet tea? (55 replies)|
|Questions About Huntsville?? (39 replies)|
Latest news from Roanoke, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (12.1%), English (6.2%), African (5.9%), Irish (3.4%), German (2.2%), British (2.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 880 feet
Land area: 18.8 square miles.
Population density: 317 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Roanoke:
- High school or higher: 77.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
- Unemployed: 6.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Roanoke city:
- Never married: 25.9%
- Now married: 43.9%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 11.2%
- Divorced: 16.1%
81 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 35 registered sex offenders living in Roanoke, Alabama as of February 21, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Roanoke to the number of sex offenders is 172 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $312 (0.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $472 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Columbus, GA (52.0 miles , pop. 185,781).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (70.0 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (614.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Rock Mills, AL (2.2 miles ), Standing Rock, AL (2.9 miles) , Five Points, AL (3.0 miles) , Abanda, AL (3.1 miles) , Milltown, AL (3.3 miles ), White Plains, AL (3.3 miles ), Penton, AL (3.4 miles ), Wadley, AL (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 33.15 N, Longitude: 85.37 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +537 (+8.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,047 (45.0%)
Area code: 334
|Crime rates in Roanoke by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 290.6)||339.9||305.1||393.7||244.9||281.2||300.8||159.9||309.2||277.3||145.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Roanoke detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +84 (+1.3%).
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Transportation and warehousing (15%)
- Construction (13%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (3%)
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Accommodation and food services (15%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Transportation occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
- Production occupations (23%)
- Sales and related occupations (17%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (4%)
Average climate in Roanoke, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Roanoke-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 67% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/1/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.4 miles away from the Roanoke city center killed 7 people and injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 1/26/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.9 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 7 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Roanoke-area historical earthquake activity is near Alabama state average. It is 81% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 94.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 110.4 miles away from Roanoke center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 173.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 179.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 147.9 miles away from Roanoke center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 200.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Randolph County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 7, Hurricanes: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ella Gaunt Smith - Manufacturing businesspeople, Fred Hyatt - Football player, Horace Gillom - Football player, Jake Daniel - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Roanoke:
Airports and heliports located in Roanoke:
- Roanoke Municipal Airport (7A5) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,200, Local Ops: 916)
- Randolph County Hospital Heliport (2AL2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Roanoke:
- Southern Union State Community College (about 12 miles; Wadley, AL; Full-time enrollment: 4,120)
- University of West Georgia (about 34 miles; Carrollton, GA; FT enrollment: 10,358)
- Auburn University (about 39 miles; Auburn University, AL; FT enrollment: 22,741)
- West Georgia Technical College (about 40 miles; Waco, GA; FT enrollment: 4,768)
- Columbus Technical College (about 50 miles; Columbus, GA; FT enrollment: 3,241)
- Columbus State University (about 52 miles; Columbus, GA; FT enrollment: 6,876)
- Jacksonville State University (about 52 miles; Jacksonville, AL; FT enrollment: 7,566)
Public high school in Roanoke:
- HANDLEY HIGH SCH (Students: 418, Location: 100 TIGER CIRCLE, Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Roanoke:
Public elementary/middle schools in Roanoke:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Private Schools Faith Christian Academy
Notable locations in Roanoke: Roanoke County Club (A), Roanoke Sewage Disposal Plant (B), Roanoke Public Library (C), Roanoke City Hall (D), Roanoke Fire Department Station 1 (E), Roanoke Fire Department Station 2 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Roanoke include: Peace and Goodwill Church (A), Mount Pisgah Baptist Church (B), Mission Mount Bethel Church (C), Roanoke Church of Christ (D), Center Chapel (E), Trinity Baptist Church (F), Neighborhood Chapel Church of God (G), First United Methodist Church (H), First Christian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Booger Hill Cemetery (1), Brown Cemetery (2), Cedarwood Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Bell Lake (A), Rice Pond (B), Bartlett Pond (C), Lake Louise (D), High Pine Creek Lake Number 3 (E), High Pine Creek Lake Number 2 (F), Roanoke City Lake (G), McMurray Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Graves Creek (A), Town Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Best Western Roanoke Inn (2983 Highway 431), Traveler's Inn (286 Highway 431), Budget Inn (701 Highway 431).
(15.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 23.7% for Black residents, 51.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 68.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
373 people in nursing homes in 2000
4 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Banks with branches in Roanoke (2011 data):
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Roanoke Office at 607 Main St, branch established on 1931/01/01. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Small Town Bank: Roanoke Branch at 548 Main Street, branch established on 1931/05/12. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $236.7 mil, Deposits: $196.0 mil, headquarters in Wedowee, AL, positive income, 4 total offices, Holding Company: East Alabama Financial Group, Inc.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Roanoke Branch at 3140 Highway 431, branch established on 1961/09/15. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- First Bank: Roanoke Branch at 109 Main Street, branch established on 1982/08/31. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $67.5 mil, Deposits: $60.8 mil, headquarters in Wadley, AL, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Independent Bancshares, Inc.
- Bank of Wedowee: Roanoke Branch at 3500 Highway 431, branch established on 1997/10/14. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $119.5 mil, Deposits: $99.0 mil, headquarters in Wedowee, AL, positive income, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Swann Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Roanoke city (based on Randolph County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Randolph County:||1.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Randolph County:||0.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Randolph County:||10.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Roanoke, AL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$3,479||$20,874||7||$4,500|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$4,063||$48,756||2||$1,530|
|Police Protection - Officers||23||$69,577||$36,301||0||$0|
|Police - Other||5||$10,161||$24,386||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||10||$24,428||$29,314||2||$1,094|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$7,551||$18,122||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||52||$129,903||$29,978||16||$9,753|
5.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,195 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chambers County, AL||0.51% ($28,108 average AGI)|
|from Carroll County, GA||0.37% ($29,185)|
|from Coweta County, GA||0.32% ($41,304)|
5.13% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,503 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Roanoke:
- WELR (1360 AM; 1 kW; ROANOKE, AL)
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGSE (720 AM; daytime; 8 kW; HOGANSVILLE, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WZZX (780 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LINEVILLE, AL; Owner: ROBERT A. PERRY)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Roanoke:
- WELR-FM (102.3 FM; ROANOKE, AL; Owner: EAGLE'S NEST, INC.)
- WMAX-FM (105.3 FM; BOWDON, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTBJ (91.3 FM; OXFORD, AL; Owner: TRINITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY)
- WALR-FM (104.1 FM; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSTH-FM (106.1 FM; ALEXANDER CITY, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVFJ-FM (93.3 FM; MANCHESTER, GA; Owner: PROVIDENT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVOK-FM (97.9 FM; OXFORD, AL; Owner: WOODARD BROADCASTING CO. INC.)
- WASZ (95.5 FM; ASHLAND, AL; Owner: WILLIAMS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJSP-FM (88.1 FM; WARM SPRINGS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WCJM-FM (100.9 FM; WEST POINT, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF AUBURN LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WZLM (97.3 FM; DADEVILLE, AL; Owner: GREAT SOUTH RFDC, LLC)
- WBTR-FM (92.1 FM; CARROLLTON, GA; Owner: WYAI, INC.)
- W220AN (91.9 FM; LA GRANGE, ETC., GA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WMGP (98.1 FM; HOGANSVILLE, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
TV broadcast stations around Roanoke:
- WSWS-TV (Channel 66; OPELIKA, AL; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF OPELIKA)
- W04DB (Channel 4; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: VVILPTV, INC.)
- WJSP-TV (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WCAG-LP (Channel 33; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA-ALABAMA BROADCASTING, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 16Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- $19,040,000Total costs
- 52,105Total average daily traffic
- 3,606Total average daily truck traffic
- 67,498Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Roanoke)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:92 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:7
- On Broughton Rd 1230 N Of Al Hwy 22 (Lat: 33.165944 Lon: -85.404944), Structure height: 15 m, Call Sign: WNXH402, Licensee ID: L00012191
Assigned Frequencies: 173.210 MHzGrant Date: 07/02/1996, Expiration Date: 09/11/2001, Cancellation Date: 02/10/2002Registrant: Randolph County Water Sewer & Fire Protection Authority, Rt 2 Box 228, Wedowee, AL 36278, Phone: (205) 823-4423
- Co Compressor Sta 110 (Lat: 33.151222 Lon: -85.513556), Call Sign: KIC558
Assigned Frequencies: 48.7400 MHzGrant Date: 07/18/2014, Expiration Date: 08/01/2024, Certifier: Michael A VicknairRegistrant: Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Co., LLC, Houston, TX 77251-1396, Phone: (713) 215-2745, Fax: (713) 215-2266, Email:
- Hwy 431 .5 Mi S (Lat: 33.149278 Lon: -85.362444), Call Sign: KNAS955, Licensee ID: L00004766
Assigned Frequencies: 43.1000 MHzGrant Date: 02/08/2012, Expiration Date: 02/18/2022Registrant: Superior Gas Inc, Roanoke, AL 36274, Phone: (205) 863-2138
- Lat: 33.125556 Lon: -85.360000, Call Sign: WQHH954, Licensee ID: L00054666
Assigned Frequencies: 158.370 MHzGrant Date: 08/01/2007, Expiration Date: 08/01/2017, Certifier: Jeff BoutwellRegistrant: Roanoke Utilities Board, Roanoke, AL 36274, Phone: (334) 796-0073, Fax: (334) 863-7051
- Company Compressor Sta 110 (Lat: 33.151111 Lon: -85.513611), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 115.8 m, Overall height: 116.7 m, Call Sign: WQQM499
Assigned Frequencies: 152.915 MHzGrant Date: 01/26/2013, Expiration Date: 01/26/2023, Cancellation Date: 04/10/2014, Certifier: Dan BeaverRegistrant: Allcomm Wireless, Inc., 3720 Hargrove Road E, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405, Phone: (205) 553-2122, Fax: (205) 553-3455, Email:
- Lat: 33.130000 Lon: -85.350000, Call Sign: WQQQ322
Assigned Frequencies: 154.490 MHz, 154.515 MHzGrant Date: 02/12/2013, Expiration Date: 02/12/2023, Certifier: Joey WhaleyRegistrant: Allcomm Wireless Inc., 4116 First Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35222, Phone: (205) 591-8804, Fax: (205) 595-7642, Email:
- Lat: 33.134167 Lon: -85.369722, Call Sign: WQUB250
Assigned Frequencies: 456.387 MHz, 456.412 MHz, 456.487 MHz, 456.662 MHz, 457.062 MHz, 457.137 MHz, 457.162 MHz, 457.637 MHz, 457.812 MHz, 457.887 MHzGrant Date: 05/24/2014, Expiration Date: 05/24/2024, Certifier: J T TaylorRegistrant: Communications & Electronics, Inc., 2310 Belle Arbor Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37406, Phone: (423) 698-3306, Fax: (423) 698-0446, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:65 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Roanoke)
FAA Registered Aircraft:7
- Aircraft: DEEHON WINDOW CO INC SHA-GLASAIR RG (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 135WD , Serial Number: SH-424R, Year manufactured: 1982, Airworthiness Date: 08/19/1987
Registrant (Individual): Richard O Seymour, Po Box 218, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: HALKETT BRIAN K VANS RV-8 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 184BH , Serial Number: 81500, Year manufactured: 2002, Airworthiness Date: 02/07/2002
Registrant (Individual): Nicholas S Hare, 1263 Main St, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172D (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2595U , Serial Number: 17250195, Year manufactured: 1963, Airworthiness Date: 04/01/1963
Registrant (Corporation): Roanoke Electronic Controls Inc, Po Box 366, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: HENLEY JOHN F S6ES (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: BOMBARDIER ROTAX (ALL) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 268H , Serial Number: 112444, Year manufactured: 2012, Airworthiness Date: 12/20/2012
Registrant (Individual): Charles C Fisher, 566 County Road 125, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-160 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5416W , Serial Number: 28-487, Year manufactured: 1962, Airworthiness Date: 03/28/1962
Registrant (Individual): Richard O Seymour, Po Box 218, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-34-200T (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 7, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR TSIO-360 SER (225 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8510F , Serial Number: 34-7770089, Year manufactured: 1976, Airworthiness Date: 12/13/1976
Registrant (Individual): Russell D Peterson, Po Box 463, Roanoke, AL 36274
- Aircraft: LEVY JOHN CROWELL JR GLASAIR RG (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 88JL , Serial Number: 463, Year manufactured: 1987, Airworthiness Date: 12/04/1987
Registrant (Individual): Richard O Seymour, Po Box 218, Roanoke, AL 36274
Drinking water stations with addresses in Roanoke and their reported violations in the past:ROANOKE (THE UTIL. BD. OF THE CITY OF) (Population served: 7,575, Surface water):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2012 and DEC-2012, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-06-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-06-2013), St Compliance achieved (FEB-22-2013), St Public Notif received (MAR-01-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2012 and DEC-2012, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-06-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-06-2013), St Compliance achieved (FEB-22-2013), St Public Notif received (MAR-01-2013)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 56
- Hazardous Condition: 24
Incident types - Roanoke
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Roanoke, Alabama:
- Key West Inn, 2983 Hwy 431, Roanoke, Alabama 36274 , Phone: (334) 863-2100, Fax: (334) 863-6713
- Traveler's Inn, 286 Hwy 431, Roanoke, Alabama 36274 , Phone: (334) 863-4196, Fax: (334) 863-4943
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (67%)
- Utility gas (20%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (13%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Roanoke, AL|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Roanoke compared to Alabama state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Roanoke on our top lists:
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Material moving occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Transportation occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of females (pop. 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Material moving occupations (population 5,000+)"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2017.