We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.6 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04671.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,192 (it was $14,801 in 2000)
Robbinston town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $106,410 (it was $62,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $168,925; Detached houses: $188,029; Townhouses or other attached units: $106,762; In 2-unit structures: $161,614; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $346,963; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $331,181; Mobile homes: $70,848; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $41,942
Races in Robbinston, ME (2010)
- 54995.6%White alone
- 132.3%American Indian alone
- 81.4%Two or more races
- 10.2%Black alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
|OOOOooooo That Smell.... (Robbinston) (7 replies)|
|BEST Maine town to grow old in (356 replies)|
|Maine weather thread (1480 replies)|
|Not making progress on my plan to move to Maine; need tips (47 replies)|
|Pembroke, ME (24 replies)|
|Maine on Atlantic Time? (20 replies)|
Latest news from Robbinston, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Robbinston, ME City Guides:
Ancestries: Irish (35.6%), English (33.9%), French (10.3%), Scottish (9.3%), Scotch-Irish (8.8%), German (4.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/18/1811
Elevation: 150 feet
Land area: 28.2 square miles.
Population density: 20 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Robbinston:
- High school or higher: 78.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 10.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Robbinston town:
- Never married: 21.6%
- Now married: 63.4%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 5.3%
44 residents are foreign born (7.6% North America).
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Robbinston, Maine as of June 20, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Robbinston to the number of sex offenders is 574 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Robbinston town:||1.1% ($683)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (182.9 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (274.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (448.9 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Charlotte, ME (2.7 miles ), Perry, ME (2.7 miles ), Calais, ME (2.8 miles ), Pembroke, ME (3.0 miles ), Meddybemps, ME (3.3 miles) , Dennysville, ME (3.4 miles ), Eastport, ME (3.6 miles ), Woodland, ME (3.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $62,500
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $62,500
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $71,300
- 2005: 6 buildings, average cost: $40,000
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $40,000
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $50,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $50,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.08 N, Longitude: 67.14 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (21%)
- Truck transportation (10%)
- Paper (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Wood products (6%)
- Utilities (6%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Health care (21%)
- Social assistance (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Furniture and home furnishings, and household appliance stores (4%)
- Pharmacies and drug stores (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (9%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (12%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (10%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
Average climate in Robbinston, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Robbinston-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 70.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 325.4 miles away from Robbinston center
On 9/25/2005 at 03:08:57, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, 3.4 LG, Depth: 4.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 5.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 246.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 363.5 miles away from Robbinston center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 53.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Snows: 5, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Laurence Trimble - Actor.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Robbinston:
- University of Maine (about 77 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 83 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 141 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 151 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 182 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 184 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 187 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Public elementary/middle school in Robbinston:
- ROBBINSTON GRADE SCHOOL (Location: 904 US ROUTE 1, Grades: KG-8)
Notable locations in Robbinston: Hilltop Campground (A), Robbinston Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Robbinston: Robbinston Ridge Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Brewer Cemetery (1), Fairview Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Western Lake (A), Eastern Lake (B), Goulding Lake (C), Howard Lake (D), Moneymaker Lake (E), Penknife Lakes (F), Rand Lake (G), Rogue Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Western Stream (A), Saint Croix River (B), Eastern Stream (C), Penknife Brook (D), Dead Meadow Stream (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 42.3. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 28.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 8.7 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Robbinston town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||9.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,571 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($798 average AGI)
Washington County: 0.14% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.56% ($25,985 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, ME||0.38% ($33,364)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.29% ($38,176)|
4.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Robbinston:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Robbinston:
- WMED (89.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRQ (102.9 FM; DENNYSVILLE, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WQDY-FM (92.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WSHD (91.7 FM; EASTPORT, ME; Owner: SHEAD MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL)
TV broadcast stations around Robbinston:
- WMED-TV (Channel 13; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W57AQ (Channel 57; CALAIS, ME; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
Robbinston fatal accident list:
Jun 7, 1988 02:30 AM, 71317132, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Jun 30, 1982 04:30 PM, 71267127, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Sep 5, 1981 01:30 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Nov 18, 1981 12:40 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jun 30, 1977 01:05 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Drinking water stations with addresses in Robbinston and their reported violations in the past:HILLTOP CAMPGROUND (Population served: 210, Groundwater):
Past health violations:AOS 77 ROBBINSTON GRADE SCHOOL (Population served: 57, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-22-2011), St Formal NOV issued (SEP-22-2011), St Public Notif received (MAY-11-2012), St Compliance achieved (MAY-14-2012)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-15-2011), St Formal NOV issued (AUG-15-2011), St Public Notif received (AUG-17-2011), St Compliance achieved (MAY-14-2012)
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-01-2008), St Formal NOV issued (DEC-01-2008), St Public Notif received (DEC-04-2008), St Compliance achieved (MAR-26-2009)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-18-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-18-2005), St Public Notif received (2 times from DEC-27-2005 to DEC-27-2005), St Compliance achieved (JAN-15-2008)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Robbinston that have no violations reported:
- REDCLYFFE MOTEL & RESTAURANT (Population served: 126, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (71%)
- Wood (23%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
Robbinston compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Robbinston on our top lists:
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Northern America (population 500+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Canada (population 500+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election"