We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53581.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,019 (it was $17,269 in 2000)
Rockbridge town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $155,602 (it was $104,200 in 2000)
Races in Rockbridge, WI (2010)
- 72899.2%White alone
- 40.5%Two or more races
- 10.1%Black alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
Latest news from Rockbridge, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (36.8%), Irish (16.1%), English (15.0%), Norwegian (10.4%), Czech (5.8%), United States (5.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 777 feet
Land area: 36.2 square miles.
Population density: 20 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Rockbridge:
- High school or higher: 85.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.2%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rockbridge town:
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 66.6%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 3.9%
5 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Rockbridge town:||1.3% ($1,333)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: La Crosse, WI (50.8 miles , pop. 51,818).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (54.8 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (175.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Henrietta, WI (2.3 miles ), Richland, WI (2.4 miles ), Willow, WI (2.4 miles ), Richland Center, WI (2.5 miles ), Bloom, WI (2.8 miles ), Yuba, WI (2.8 miles) , Ithaca, WI (3.0 miles ), Boaz, WI (3.3 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $150,000
Latitude: 43.43 N, Longitude: 90.37 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (27%)
- Construction (10%)
- Food (6%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Food (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (18%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
Average climate in Rockbridge, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rockbridge-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 45% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.8 miles away from the Rockbridge town center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 37.4 miles away from the town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Rockbridge-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 367.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 155.5 miles away from Rockbridge center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 344.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 319.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 127.5 miles away from Rockbridge center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 367.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Richland County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 11, Tornadoes: 7, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Rockbridge:
- SCHMITT WOODLAND HILLS (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; RICHLAND CENTER, WI)
- PINE VALLEY HLTH CARE REHAB (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; RICHLAND CENTER, WI)
- ST JOSEPHS HLTH SVCS Critical Access Hospitals (about 16 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
- ST JOSEPHS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 16 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rockbridge:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 49 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 51 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Viterbo University (about 51 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- Western Technical College (about 52 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
- Edgewood College (about 55 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 55 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 55 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
Notable locations in Rockbridge: Burr Oak Stock Farm (A), Cold Spring Dairy and Stock Farm (B), Dry Hollow Farm (C), Evergreen Stock and Dairy Farm (D), Fancy Creek Stock Farm (E), Maple Dell Stock Farm (F), Forest Glen Farm (G), Grand Basin Stock Farm (H), Grove Terrace Farm (I), Holstein Stock Farm (J), Meadow Vale Stock and Dairy Farm (K), Pine Creek Stock Farm (L), Valley View Stock Farm (M), Coons Ridge Farm (N), Pine Valley Stock Farm (O), Pleasant Valley Stock Farm (P), Farview Farm (Q), Red Oak Stock Farm (R), Riverside Stock Farm (S), Grand Bluff Stock Farm (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Rockbridge Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: 0.3 Reservoir (A), 0.11 Reservoir (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: West Branch Pine River (A), South Buck Creek (B), North Buck Creek (C), Hawkins Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Rockbridge: Pier County Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 60.0. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 35.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.3 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Rockbridge town (based on Richland County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Richland County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||5.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.42% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,333 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sauk County, WI||0.91% ($31,656 average AGI)|
|from Grant County, WI||0.67% ($22,422)|
|from Vernon County, WI||0.57% ($29,842)|
5.98% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,382 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Rockbridge:
- WRCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WRDB (1400 AM; 1 kW; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rockbridge:
- WRCO-FM (100.9 FM; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WNFM (104.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WRJC-FM (92.1 FM; MAUSTON, WI; Owner: WRJC, INCORPORATED)
- WBDL (102.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WXYM (96.1 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WBOG (94.5 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Rockbridge:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 39m128ftTotal length
- $1,136,000Total costs
- 14,889Total average daily traffic
- 1,014Total average daily truck traffic
- 15,844Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- BUNKER HILL, 5.9 Miles East Of (Lat: 43.492750 Lon: -90.259556), Overall height: 45.7 m, Call Sign: WLM746
Assigned Frequencies: 2112.00 MHzGrant Date: 03/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 06/01/2015Registrant: Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & Prendergast, LLP, 2120 L Street, Nw, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 828-5538, Fax: (202) 828-5568
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- 5.9 Miles East Of (Lat: 43.492750 Lon: -90.259556), Call Sign: KNKO588
Assigned Frequencies: 454.375 MHzGrant Date: 07/01/2008, Expiration Date: 07/01/2018Registrant: Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & Prendergast, LLP, 2120 L Street, N.W., Suite 300, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 659-0830, Fax: (202) 828-5568
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (60%)
- Wood (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (13%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Electricity (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Rockbridge compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.