|Median resident age:||22.9 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59521
Rocky Boy's CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $57,992 (it was $36,900 in 2000)
- American Indian alone - 1,803 (88.1%)
- White alone - 187 (9.1%)
- Hispanic - 30 (1.5%)
- Two or more races - 21 (1.0%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.10%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.10%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.05%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 222.7 square miles.
Population density: 9.1 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Rocky Boy's:
- High school or higher: 79.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 26.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rocky Boy's CCD:
- Never married: 32.2%
- Now married: 52.5%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 10.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Rocky Boy's CCD:||1.5% ($542)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Great Falls, MT (87.6 miles , pop. 56,690).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (571.7 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (1030.1 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Azure, MT (1.5 miles ), Boneau, MT (1.6 miles) , Sangrey, MT (1.7 miles ), Rocky Boy's Agency, MT (2.4 miles ), Agency, MT (2.5 miles ), St. Pierre, MT (2.6 miles ), Rocky Boy West, MT (2.6 miles ), Box Elder, MT (2.7 miles ).
Latitude: 48.33 N, Longitude: 109.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (24%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Construction (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Health care (7%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Social assistance (3%)
- Educational services (39%)
- Public administration (17%)
- Health care (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Construction laborers (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (11%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Child care workers (5%)
- Financial managers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3%)
Average climate in Rocky Boy's, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Rocky Boy's-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Montana state average. It is 4% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 263.0 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 349.5 miles away from Rocky Boy's center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 256.3 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 240.1 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 329.5 miles away from Rocky Boy's center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 341.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hill County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rocky Boy's:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 186 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 193 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- The University of Montana (about 218 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Sheridan College (about 283 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- North Idaho College (about 325 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 326 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Spokane Community College (about 351 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,482)
Notable locations in Rocky Boy's: Champagne Ranch (A), General Mills Incorporated Elevator (B), Box Elder (C), Bear Paw Ski Bowl (D), Beaver Creek Park Campground (E), Box Elder Rural Fire District (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Rocky Boy's include: Saint Mary Church (A), Our Savior Lutheran Church (B), Saint Anthony Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Rocky Boy Gravel (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Amisk Pond (A), Grass Reservoir (B), Schmidt Reservoir (C), East Fork Beaver Creek Reservoir (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Boxelder Creek (A), Cabin Creek (B), Daychild Creek (C), Elk Creek (D), East Fork Beaver Creek (E), West Fork Beaver Creek (F), Otayachinas Creek (G), Small Boy Creek (H), Rocky Hock Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Rocky Boy's include: Beaver Creek Park (1), Rocky Boy Recreation Area (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||3.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Rocky Boy's compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (73%)
- Wood (10%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Utility gas (7%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Rocky Boy's CCD (based on Hill County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 45.58%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||United Methodist Church||Hutterian Brethren|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hill County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hill County:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hill County:||4.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
6.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,074 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cascade County, MT||0.55% ($21,657 average AGI)|
|from Blaine County, MT||0.54% ($18,941)|
|from Missoula County, MT||0.35% ($23,455)|
6.04% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,270 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Rocky Boy's:
- KOJM (610 AM; 1 kW; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KEIN (1310 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: MUNSON RADIO, INC.)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KKGR (680 AM; daytime; 5 kW; EAST HELENA, MT; Owner: KKGR, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rocky Boy's:
- KNMC (90.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NORTHERN MONTANA COLLEGE)
- KXEI (95.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: HI-LINE RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KPQX (92.5 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- K261CC (100.1 FM; CHESTER, MT; Owner: RANDALL D. ROCKS)
- KEHT (100.3 FM; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: GEORGE S. FLINN, JR.)
- KRYK (101.3 FM; CHINOOK, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Rocky Boy's:
- KBBJ (Channel 9; HAVRE, MT; Owner: SUNBELT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- K52CI (Channel 52; HAVRE, MT; Owner: CONTINENTAL TELEVISION NETWORK, INC.)