Roseboom, New York
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.5 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 13320.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $30,206 (it was $19,977 in 2000)
Roseboom town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $152,660 (it was $76,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $184,577; Detached houses: $190,159; Townhouses or other attached units: $279,129; In 2-unit structures: $195,595; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $558,527; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $122,773; Mobile homes: $79,323
Races in Roseboom, NY (2010)
- 68496.2%White alone
- 71.0%Two or more races
- 50.7%Black alone
- 20.3%American Indian alone
- 20.3%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
|Saddlebag Lake near Milford, NY (2 replies)|
|Info/Impressions of towns around Oneonta & Cooperstoown? (6 replies)|
Latest news from Roseboom, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (31.1%), Irish (21.1%), English (20.5%), Italian (11.1%), United States (7.2%), Dutch (6.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 33.0 square miles.
Population density: 22 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Roseboom:
- High school or higher: 80.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.7%
- Unemployed: 7.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Roseboom town:
- Never married: 28.3%
- Now married: 52.9%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 11.4%
16 residents are foreign born (1.2% North America, 0.9% Europe, 0.3% Latin America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Roseboom town:||1.6% ($1,259)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Utica, NY (37.0 miles , pop. 60,651).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bronx, NY (136.3 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Decatur, NY (1.8 miles ), Cherry Valley, NY (2.5 miles ), Westford, NY (2.6 miles ), Seward, NY (2.7 miles ), Sharon, NY (2.7 miles ), Middlefield, NY (2.8 miles ), Sharon Springs, NY (2.8 miles ), Worcester, NY (2.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $115,000
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $101,700
- 1999: 11 buildings, average cost: $109,200
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $118,000
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $121,400
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,500
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $170,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $170,000
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $170,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $60,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $175,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $120,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $120,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $200,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $140,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.71 N, Longitude: 74.73 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 607
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (26%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (8%)
- Health care (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care (25%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Construction laborers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (4%)
Average climate in Roseboom, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Roseboom-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 12.9 miles away from the Roseboom town center injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.8 miles away from the town center injured 3 people and caused $800,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Roseboom-area historical earthquake activity is near New York state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 88.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 132.8 miles away from Roseboom center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 6.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 167.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 178.1 miles away from Roseboom center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 302.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Otsego County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 9, Floods: 7, Hurricanes: 3, Tropical Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Power Outage: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Roseboom:
- MARY IMOGENE BASSETT HOSPITAL (Dialysis Facility, about 11 miles away; COOPERSTOWN, NY)
- OTSEGO MANOR (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; COOPERSTOWN, NY)
- COBLESKILL REGIONAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 12 miles away; COBLESKILL, NY)
- EDEN PARK HEALTH CARE CENTRE INC COBLESKILL (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; COBLESKILL, NY)
- PALATINE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; PALATINE BRIDGE, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Roseboom:
- SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill (about 12 miles; Cobleskill, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,455)
- SUNY Oneonta (about 25 miles; Oneonta, NY; FT enrollment: 6,081)
- Herkimer County Community College (about 27 miles; Herkimer, NY; FT enrollment: 2,774)
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College (about 29 miles; Johnstown, NY; FT enrollment: 2,043)
- SUNY College of Technology at Delhi (about 33 miles; Delhi, NY; FT enrollment: 2,911)
- Mohawk Valley Community College (about 36 miles; Utica, NY; FT enrollment: 5,693)
- Utica College (about 39 miles; Utica, NY; FT enrollment: 2,952)
Notable locations in Roseboom: Belvedere Lake Resort (A), Butler Corners (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Sissum Cemetery (1), Roseboom Cemetery (2), South Valley Cemetery (3), Winnie Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Plank Pond (A), Belvedere Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Pleasant Brook (A), Snyder Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New York average:||14.2|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Roseboom town (based on Otsego County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Otsego County:||2.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Otsego County:||0.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Otsego County:||5.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
4.89% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,759 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.06%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Delaware County, NY||0.75% ($31,408 average AGI)|
|from Chenango County, NY||0.49% ($28,873)|
|from Schoharie County, NY||0.16% ($28,432)|
5.43% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,553 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.46%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Roseboom:
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WXBH (1190 AM; 1 kW; COBLESKILL, NY; Owner: NY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WROW (590 AM; 5 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WIBX (950 AM; 5 kW; UTICA, NY; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF UTICA/ROME, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTLB (1310 AM; 5 kW; UTICA, NY; Owner: GALAXY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Roseboom:
- WJIV (101.9 FM; CHERRY VALLEY, NY; Owner: CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING SYSTEM, LTD.)
- WGKR (105.3 FM; GRAND GORGE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WBUG-FM (101.1 FM; FORT PLAIN, NY; Owner: ROSER COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK, INC.)
- WMYY (97.3 FM; SCHOHARIE, NY; Owner: CAPITAL MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WDHI (100.3 FM; DELHI, NY; Owner: BANJO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- WAJZ (96.3 FM; VOORHEESVILLE, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZMR (104.9 FM; ALTAMONT, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WRIP (97.9 FM; WINDHAM, NY; Owner: RIP RADIO, LLC)
- WYJB (95.5 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WQBJ (103.5 FM; COBLESKILL, NY; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF MANSFIELD, INC.)
- WGNA-FM (107.7 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF MANSFIELD, INC.)
- WSKU (105.5 FM; LITTLE FALLS, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMHT-FM (89.1 FM; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: WMHT EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
- WAMK (90.9 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: W A M C)
- WRVE (99.5 FM; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFGB (89.7 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WPYX (106.5 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCAN (93.3 FM; CANAJOHARIE, NY; Owner: W A M C)
- WSQC-FM (91.7 FM; ONEONTA, NY; Owner: WSKG PUBLIC TELECOMM. COUNCIL)
- WVCR-FM (88.3 FM; LOUDONVILLE, NY; Owner: SIENA COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Roseboom:
- WKTV (Channel 2; UTICA, NY; Owner: SMITH TELEVISION OF NEW YORK LICENSE HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WYPX (Channel 55; AMSTERDAM, NY; Owner: PAXSON ALBANY LICENSE, INC.)
- WFXV (Channel 33; UTICA, NY; Owner: QUORUM OF UTICA LICENSE, LLC)
Roseboom fatal accident list:
Mar 20, 1998 08:55 PM, Sr-165, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
Mar 27, 1997 03:00 PM, 165, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 2
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- $2,102,000Total costs
- 2,712Total average daily traffic
- 216Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,912Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KC2BOZ, Licensee ID: L01256342, Grant Date: 03/13/2007, Expiration Date: 05/07/2017, Certifier: Graham C Jones, Registrant: Graham C Jones, Hc 68 Box 11, Roseboom, NY 13450
- Call Sign: KC2EQO, Licensee ID: L01446201, Grant Date: 11/18/2008, Expiration Date: 02/16/2019, Certifier: Lars H Schmid, Registrant: Lars H Schmid, 283 Rezen Rd, Roseboom, NY 13450-1607
- Call Sign: KC2NBG, Licensee ID: L00873219, Grant Date: 06/04/2004, Expiration Date: 06/04/2014, Certifier: Thomas J Fralick, Registrant: Thomas J Fralick, 3618 Cty Hwy 35, Roseboom, NY 13450
Drinking water stations with addresses in Roseboom and their reported violations in the past:PLEASANT BROOK HOTEL (Population served: 45, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:RED HEN CAFE, LLC (Address: 3220 State Hwy 166 , Population served: 40, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
|Most common first names in Roseboom, NY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Roseboom, NY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (62%)
- Wood (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Roseboom compared to New York state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Roseboom on our top lists:
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Other Northern America (population 500+)"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest total withdrawal of fresh water for public supply (pop. 50,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply (pop. 50,000+)"