Royal City, Washington
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||27.3 years|
|Washington median age:||37.4 years|
Zip codes: 99357.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $12,412 (it was $9,502 in 2000)
Royal City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $104,122 (it was $65,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $122,999; Detached houses: $206,176; Mobile homes: $27,329
Median gross rent in 2013: $650.
Races in Royal City, WA (2010)
- 21710.1%White alone
- 170.8%Asian alone
- 40.2%Two or more races
- 10.05%Black alone
- 10.05%American Indian alone
- 10.05%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
Latest news from Royal City, WA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (4.9%), English (3.7%), French (1.8%), Irish (1.5%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Incorporated in 1962
Elevation: 1040 feet
Land area: 1.26 square miles.
Population density: 1,758 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Royal City:
- High school or higher: 32.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 15.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Royal City city:
- Never married: 40.6%
- Now married: 50.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 2.1%
- Divorced: 4.7%
902 residents are foreign born (49.9% Latin America).
According to our research of Washington and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Royal City, Washington as of October 25, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Royal City to the number of sex offenders is 2,202 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,494 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $858 (4.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Yakima, WA (47.7 miles , pop. 71,845).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (129.0 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (888.8 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Southern Slopes, WA (2.7 miles ), George, WA (4.0 miles ), Mattawa, WA (4.2 miles ), Vantage, WA (4.2 miles) , Desert Aire, WA (4.5 miles ), Moses Lake, WA (4.7 miles ), Cascade Valley, WA (4.7 miles ), Othello, WA (4.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $221,300
- 2013: 4 buildings, average cost: $140,000
- 2014: 4 buildings, average cost: $140,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 46.90 N, Longitude: 119.63 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 509
|Crime rates in Royal City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 285.5)||270.6||310.0||208.5||232.7||302.9||273.7||338.9||238.5||142.7||112.3||192.3||187.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Royal City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.37|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (63%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Wholesale trade (3%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Construction (3%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (27%)
- Educational services (27%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (60%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Transportation occupations (5%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (3%)
- Management occupations (3%)
- Material moving occupations (3%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (27%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (22%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Royal City, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Royal City-area historical earthquake activity is near Washington state average. It is 148% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 137.4 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 139.9 miles away from Royal City center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 130.6 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 343.3 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 462.0 miles away from Royal City center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 455.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grant County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Mudslide: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
airports located in Royal City:
- B & G Farms Airport (4WA0) (Runways: 1)
- Christensen Field Airport (8WA6) (Runways: 1)
- Stillwater Creek Airport (04WN) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Royal City:
- Central Washington University (about 44 miles; Ellensburg, WA; Full-time enrollment: 10,960)
- Yakima Valley Community College (about 48 miles; Yakima, WA; FT enrollment: 3,632)
- Wenatchee Valley College (about 50 miles; Wenatchee, WA; FT enrollment: 2,951)
- Columbia Basin College (about 52 miles; Pasco, WA; FT enrollment: 5,111)
- Walla Walla Community College (about 86 miles; Walla Walla, WA; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- Eastern Washington University (about 105 miles; Cheney, WA; FT enrollment: 11,643)
- Spokane Falls Community College (about 115 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,052)
Public high school in Royal City:
- ROYAL HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 955 AHLERS ROAD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Royal City:
Notable locations in Royal City: Grant County Fire District 10 Station 2 (A), Grant County Fire District 10 (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2003 was 29.0. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 6.36. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 23.0 miles away from the city center.
(4.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 45.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 52.9% for other race residents)
|This city:||4.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Royal City (2011 data):
- U.S. Bank National Association: Royal City Branch at 131 Evergreen Avenue Nw, branch established on 1962/10/15. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Royal City city (based on Grant County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grant County:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grant County:||1.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grant County:||5.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Royal City, WA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$2,400||$4,800||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$18,584||$74,336||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||14||$50,094||$42,938||0||$0|
Royal City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $54,000 ($24.36)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $181,000 ($81.64)
Sewerage: $121,000 ($54.58)
Water Utilities: $104,000 ($46.91)
Financial Administration: $87,000 ($39.24)
Solid Waste Management: $86,000 ($38.79)
Central Staff Services: $31,000 ($13.98)
Regular Highways: $24,000 ($10.83)
Parks & Recreation: $18,000 ($8.12)
General - Other: $17,000 ($7.67)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $7,000 ($3.16)
Natural Resources - Other: $4,000 ($1.80)
Libraries: $3,000 ($1.35)
- General - Interest on Debt: $17,000 ($7.67)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $97,000 ($43.75)
Sewerage: $54,000 ($24.36)
Water Utilities: $41,000 ($18.49)
Police Protection: $8,000 ($3.61)
Financial Administration: $3,000 ($1.35)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $319,000 ($143.89)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $39,000 ($17.59)
Royal City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $238,000 ($107.35)
Solid Waste Management: $118,000 ($53.23)
All Other: $16,000 ($7.22)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $13,000 ($5.86)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $147,000 ($66.31)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $35,000 ($15.79)
General Revenue, NEC: $11,000 ($4.96)
Rents: $4,000 ($1.80)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $212,000 ($95.62)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $114,000 ($51.42)
All Other: $71,000 ($32.03)
General Support: $16,000 ($7.22)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $110,000 ($49.62)
Public Utilities: $49,000 ($22.10)
Property: $43,000 ($19.40)
NEC: $14,000 ($6.31)
Other Selective Sales: $3,000 ($1.35)
Royal City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $847,000 ($382.05)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $285,000 ($128.55)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $3,000 ($1.35)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $835,000 ($376.64)
Other, NEC: $259,000 ($116.82)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $23,000 ($10.37)
Water Utilities: $12,000 ($5.41)
Royal City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,002,000 ($451.96)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $54,000 ($24.36)
5.69% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,668 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Adams County, WA||0.42% ($30,532 average AGI)|
|from King County, WA||0.40% ($38,378)|
|from Snohomish County, WA||0.36% ($39,748)|
5.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,820 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Royal City:
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KBSN (1470 AM; 5 kW; MOSES LAKE, WA; Owner: KSEM, INC.)
- KYAK (930 AM; 10 kW; YAKIMA, WA)
- KWIQ (1020 AM; 3 kW; MOSES LAKE NORTH, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KZTS (1210 AM; 10 kW; SUNNYSIDE, WA; Owner: BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KFLD (870 AM; 10 kW; PASCO, WA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KIXI (880 AM; 50 kW; MERCER ISLAND/SEATTL, WA; Owner: BELLEVUE RADIO, INC.)
- KPQ (560 AM; 5 kW; WENATCHEE, WA; Owner: WESTCOAST BROADCASTING CO.)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Royal City:
- KRCW (96.3 FM; ROYAL CITY, WA; Owner: FARMWORKER EDUCATIONAL RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KMLW (88.3 FM; MOSES LAKE, WA; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- K204DH (88.7 FM; HANFORD, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KNWR (90.7 FM; ELLENSBURG, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KPQ-FM (102.1 FM; WENATCHEE, WA; Owner: WESCOAST BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KZLN-FM (97.5 FM; OTHELLO, WA; Owner: WHEELER BROADCASTING, INC)
- KARY-FM (100.9 FM; GRANDVIEW, WA; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KWWW-FM (96.7 FM; QUINCY, WA; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC..)
- KZML (95.9 FM; QUINCY, WA; Owner: BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KFFM (107.3 FM; YAKIMA, WA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXLE-FM (95.3 FM; ELLENSBURG, WA; Owner: KXLE, INC.)
- KQBE (103.1 FM; ELLENSBURG, WA; Owner: PEAK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KXDD (104.1 FM; YAKIMA, WA; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- K232CV (94.3 FM; ELLENSBURG, WA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPLW (89.9 FM; WENATCHEE, WA; Owner: GROWING CHRISTIAN FOUNDATION)
- KOHO-FM (101.1 FM; LEAVENWORTH, WA; Owner: ICICLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLWS (91.5 FM; MOSES LAKE, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KULE-FM (92.3 FM; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKRV (104.7 FM; WENATCHEE, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Royal City:
- K39DL (Channel 39; MOSES LAKE, WA; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K52AF (Channel 52; MOSES LAKE, ETC., WA; Owner: PEOPLES TV ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- K59IA (Channel 64; MOSES LAKE, ETC., WA; Owner: PEOPLES TV ASSOCIATION)
- K55DJ (Channel 55; MOSES LAKE, ETC., WA; Owner: PEOPLES TV ASSOCIATION, INC.)
Royal City fatal accident list:
Jan 10, 2003 06:56 AM, Sr-26, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 2
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KA7ENF, Licensee ID: L01453453, Grant Date: 12/23/2008, Expiration Date: 12/23/2018, Registrant: Susan M Jungers, 2317 Lakeside Drive, Royal City, WA 98837
- Call Sign: KD7OGQ, Licensee ID: L00395797, Grant Date: 08/31/2001, Expiration Date: 08/31/2011, Cancellation Date: 09/04/2013, Certifier: Patricia A Havens, Registrant: Patricia A Havens, 15509 Rd 11 Sw, Royal City, WA 99357
Drinking water stations with addresses in Royal City that have no violations reported:
- KDS ORCHARDS FARMWORKER HOUSING (Population served: 64, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 46
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - Royal City
|Most common first names in Royal City, WA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Royal City, WA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (99%)
- No fuel used (0%)
Businesses in Royal City, WA
- Subway: 1
Royal City compared to Washington state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Royal City on our top lists:
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Mexico (population 500+)"
- #89 (99357) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the smallest percentage of taxpayers reporting profit/loss from business in 2012 (pop 1,000+)"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply (pop. 50,000+)"
- #65 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election (pop. 50,000+)"