We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.9 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54983.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $29,818 (it was $19,573 in 2000)
Royalton town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $165,360 (it was $108,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $172,754; Detached houses: $180,982; Townhouses or other attached units: $162,464; In 2-unit structures: $107,470; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $100,843; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $88,870; Mobile homes: $40,809
Races in Royalton, WI (2010)
- 1,40898.2%White alone
- 80.6%Two or more races
- 30.2%American Indian alone
- 20.1%Black alone
- 20.1%Asian alone
Latest news from Royalton, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (55.0%), Irish (7.7%), French (5.3%), Norwegian (5.2%), English (5.1%), Polish (4.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 822 feet
Land area: 33.6 square miles.
Population density: 43 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Royalton:
- High school or higher: 80.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Royalton town:
- Never married: 20.3%
- Now married: 65.1%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 7.7%
8 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Royalton town:||1.2% ($1,343)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Appleton, WI (27.4 miles , pop. 70,087).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (93.4 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (186.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Weyauwega, WI (2.1 miles ), Little Wolf, WI (2.1 miles ), Manawa, WI (2.3 miles ), Mukwa, WI (2.4 miles ), Ogdensburg, WI (2.6 miles ), Northport, WI (2.6 miles ), Waupaca, WI (2.8 miles ), St. Lawrence, WI (2.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2004: 9 buildings, average cost: $143,300
- 2005: 14 buildings, average cost: $137,700
- 2006: 7 buildings, average cost: $157,200
- 2007: 10 buildings, average cost: $168,200
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $216,700
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $177,000
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $140,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $77,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.38 N, Longitude: 88.93 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 920
Unemployment by year (%)
- Metal and metal products (14%)
- Construction (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Food (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Paper (3%)
- Health care (18%)
- Food (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (12%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
Average climate in Royalton, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Royalton-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 30% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1951, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.6 miles away from the Royalton town center killed 6 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F4 tornado 22.8 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Royalton-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 202.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 413.8 miles away from Royalton center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 388.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 358.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 353.3 miles away from Royalton center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 185.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Waupaca County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Royalton:
- LAKEVIEW MANOR (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; WEYAUWEGA, WI)
- WEYAUWEGA HEALTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; WEYAUWEGA, WI)
- MANAWA COM NUR CTR (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; MANAWA, WI)
- HOSPICE PGM WAUPACA CTY (Hospital, about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- RECOVER HEALTH OF WISCONSIN INC (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- RIVERSIDE MEDICAL CENTER, INC Critical Access Hospitals (about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- ST JOSEPH RESIDENCE (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; NEW LONDON, WI)
airports located in Royalton:
- Northport Airport (38WI) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Royalton:
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 25 miles; Appleton, WI; Full-time enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 28 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 32 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 34 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 42 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 43 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Saint Norbert College (about 43 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
Church in Royalton: Saint John Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Baldwins Mill Cemetery (1), Hobart Cemetery (2), Royalton Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Partridge Crop Lake (A), Bear Lake (B), White Lake (C), Woodnorth Lake (D), Fox Lake (E), White Lake 9 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Mouse Creek (A), South Branch Little Wolf River (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Royalton town (based on Waupaca County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Waupaca County:||1.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Waupaca County:||6.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.96% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,682 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Outagamie County, WI||1.15% ($34,154 average AGI)|
|from Winnebago County, WI||0.63% ($36,432)|
|from Portage County, WI||0.38% ($38,675)|
4.82% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,017 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Royalton:
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Royalton:
- WDUX-FM (92.7 FM; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOZZ (93.5 FM; NEW LONDON, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WJMQ (92.3 FM; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WIXX (101.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNCY-FM (100.3 FM; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WROE (94.3 FM; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBJZ (104.7 FM; BERLIN, WI; Owner: CAXAMBAS CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Royalton:
- W66DC (Channel 66; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBAY-TV (Channel 2; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF GREEN BAY, INC.)
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- WLUK-TV (Channel 11; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRV-TV (Channel 5; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPNE (Channel 38; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W60CI (Channel 60; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 16m52ftTotal length
- $1,128,000Total costs
- 15,322Total average daily traffic
- 820Total average daily truck traffic
- 17,108Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (73%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (10%)
- Wood (10%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Utility gas (3%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Royalton compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.