Saguache County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Click to draw/clear town borders
Notable locations in Saguache: Saguache District Ranger Office (A), Saguache Emergency Management Services (B), Saguache Fire Department (C), Saguache County Jail (D), Saguache County Sheriff's Office (E), Seguache County Library (F), Saguache County Museum (G), Saguache County Courthouse (H), Saguache Town Hall (I), North Saguache County Volunteer Department (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Saguache include: Pitkkin Avenue Baptist Church (A), Community United Methodist Church (B), Saint Agnes Catholic Church Mission (C), Church In the Valley (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Saguache County House Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 807 Pitkin Avenue).
Hotel: Big Valley Motel (440 Gunnison Avenue).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Saguache and their reported violations in the past:
NORTH CRESTONE CG LOWER (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
NORTH CRESTONE CG UPPER (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 23.8%
(15.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 24.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 70.0% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 51.9% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This town: || 2.0 people|
|Colorado: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This town: || 54.9%|
|Whole state: || 64.0%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This town: || 6.1%|
|Whole state: || 5.5%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Saguache, CO
17 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Saguache compared to Colorado state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Saguache (2011 data):
- First Southwest Bank: The Saguache Facility at 400 Fourth, branch established on 1977/06/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $245.8 mil, Deposits: $207.4 mil, headquarters in Alamosa, CO, negative income in the last year, Agricultural Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: First Southwest Bancorporation, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Wood (10%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Saguache County Colorado:
Religion statistics for Saguache (based on Saguache County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 49.26%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name|| Mennonite Church of God in Christ||Assemblies of God||Christian and Missionary Alliance||Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Saguache County:||1.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Saguache County:||8.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||7.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Colorado:||5.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|Colorado:||18.4%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Saguache government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Sewerage: $53,000 ($108.61)
All Other: $4,000 ($8.20)
- Construction - Water Utilities: $33,000 ($67.62)
Regular Highways: $23,000 ($47.13)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $69,000 ($141.39)
Regular Highways: $61,000 ($125.00)
Water Utilities: $56,000 ($114.75)
Sewerage: $40,000 ($81.97)
Police Protection: $27,000 ($55.33)
General - Other: $13,000 ($26.64)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($8.20)
Solid Waste Management: $3,000 ($6.15)
- General - Interest on Debt: $3,000 ($6.15)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $31,000 ($63.52)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $46,000 ($94.26)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $50,000 ($102.46)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $44,000 ($90.16)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $44,000 ($90.16)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $6,000 ($12.30)
Water Utilities: $2,000 ($4.10)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $25,000 ($51.23)
Interest Earnings: $21,000 ($43.03)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $630,000 ($1290.98)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $58,000 ($118.85)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $26,000 ($53.28)
All Other: $6,000 ($12.30)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $73,000 ($149.59)
Property: $36,000 ($73.77)
Public Utilities: $10,000 ($20.49)
NEC: $3,000 ($6.15)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $74,000 ($151.64)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $3,000 ($6.15)
8.81% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($25,792 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
9.59% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($21,387 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Saguache:
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
- KCUV (1510 AM; 25 kW; LITTLETON, CO; Owner: PEOPLE WIRELESS, INC.)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KUBC (580 AM; 5 kW; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Saguache:
- K219CF (91.7 FM; DEL NORTE, ETC., CO; Owner: MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOUNDATION, INC.)
- K239AE (95.7 FM; BUENA VISTA, ETC, CO; Owner: COLORADO COLLEGE)
- K208DP (89.5 FM; NATHROP, CO; Owner: CHEYENNE MTN PUBLIC B/CAST HOUSE INC)
- KSBV (93.7 FM; SALIDA, CO; Owner: ARKANSAS VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K203AT (88.5 FM; WESTCLIFFE, ETC., CO; Owner: THE COLORADO COLLEGE)
- KDZA-FM (107.9 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- K276AA (103.1 FM; SALIDA & BUENA VISTA, CO; Owner: CHAFFEE CTY. TV TRANSLATOR ASSOC.)
- K213AT (90.5 FM; BUENA VISTA, CO; Owner: COLORADO CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Saguache
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Saguache Peak 4 Mi Nw (Lat: 38.151389 Lon: -106.107806), Call Sign: KJP298, Licensee ID: L00042143
Assigned Frequencies: 453.200 MHz, 453.200 MHz
Grant Date: 01/09/2002, Expiration Date: 01/09/2012
Registrant: County Of Saguache, 312 Denver Ave, Saguache, CO 81149, Phone: (719) 655-2231
- Saguache Town Hall (Lat: 38.086111 Lon: -106.135556), Type: Bant, Structure height: 13.7 m, Overall height: 15.5 m, Call Sign: WPXS848, Licensee ID: L00001440
Assigned Frequencies: 458.637 MHz
Grant Date: 06/04/2003, Expiration Date: 06/04/2013, Certifier: T K Cowin
Registrant: State Of Colorado, 5126 Front Range Pwy, Watkins, CO 80137, Phone: (303) 261-4418, Fax: (303) 261-9608
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town
FCC Registered Paging Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers
|Most common first names in Saguache, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Saguache, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between morning and afternoon humidity"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Professional and related occupations:"
- #69 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Private households"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"