San Augustine, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.7 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 75972.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,227 (it was $14,918 in 2000)
San Augustine town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $89,635 (it was $45,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $662.
Races in San Augustine, TX (2010)
- 1,09251.8%Black alone
- 76736.4%White alone
- 130.6%Two or more races
- 90.4%Asian alone
- 50.2%Other race alone
- 10.05%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Small businesses are especially popular in Florida Mar 28
- Early delinquencies are more likely for higher income borrowers Mar 26
- Selecting an airline for a trip Mar 24
- People with mortgaged homes are the least risky borrowers Mar 22
- Food services is among the worst-performing sectors in the Midwest Mar 20
|Lake Travis impact from recent rain (482 replies)|
|New County Population Estimates from the Census Bureau for Jluy 1, 2016 posted this morning about 9 A. M. (8 replies)|
|Difference between East Texas and other Southern States (56 replies)|
|Weed control for Bermuda Grass lawn ? (37 replies)|
|What kind of Lawn grass is this? (12 replies)|
|? re: types of grass in this area (13 replies)|
Latest news from San Augustine, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (14.3%), English (4.8%), German (4.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 4.71 square miles.
Population density: 435 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in San Augustine:
- High school or higher: 71.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 7.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in San Augustine town:
- Never married: 36.3%
- Now married: 36.5%
- Separated: 4.6%
- Widowed: 12.0%
- Divorced: 10.5%
109 residents are foreign born (4.2% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 26 registered sex offenders living in San Augustine, Texas as of March 29, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in San Augustine to the number of sex offenders is 80 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $623 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $743 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Shreveport, LA (67.8 miles , pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (143.8 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Aiken-Neuville, TX (3.7 miles ), Chireno, TX (3.7 miles ), Broaddus, TX (4.3 miles) , Shelbyville, TX (4.3 miles ), Chireno-Martinsville, TX (4.3 miles ), Center, TX (4.3 miles ), Milam, TX (4.5 miles ), Hemphill, TX (4.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $95,000
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $82,700
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $82,700
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $52,400
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $52,400
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $52,400
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $81,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $81,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.53 N, Longitude: 94.11 W
Area code: 936
|Crime rates in San Augustine by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||767.4||636.0||483.9||269.0||195.9||299.8||240.8||290.4||204.9||88.9||164.0||79.0||131.7||147.1||178.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in San Augustine detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Retail trade (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (13%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Construction (9%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (37%)
- Retail trade (23%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Construction (3%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Transportation occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Health technologists and technicians (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
Average climate in San Augustine, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
San Augustine-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 72% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/20/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.9 miles away from the San Augustine town center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 2/19/1991, a category F3 tornado 2.6 miles away from the town center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:San Augustine-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 347.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 274.6 miles away from San Augustine center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 277.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 254.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 402.7 miles away from San Augustine center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 358.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in San Augustine County (14) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Hurricanes: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Fires: 2, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ben Ramsey - Politician, Dominique Edison - Football player, Matilda Coxe Stevenson - Ethnologist, Gary Jones (American football) - Football player, Edward Clark (diplomat) - Diplomat, Grady Allen - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in San Augustine:
- MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER SAN AUGUSTINE (511 HOSPITAL ST)
- SAN AUGUSTINE DEVELOPMENT CENTER (HWY 96 AT F M 1277)
- COLONIAL PINES HEALTHCARE CENTER (1203 F M 1277)
- SAN AUGUSTINE NURSING CENTER (HIGHWAY 96 AT FM 1277)
- TRINITY NURSING AND REHABILITATION, LP (902 E MAIN ST)
- TWIN LAKES REHABILITATION AND CARE CENTER (451 S EL CAMINO CROSSING)
- SAN AUGUSTINE DIALYSIS CLINIC (403 N MILAM STREET)
airports located in San Augustine:
- San Augustine County Airport (78R) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 600, Local Ops: 1,500)
- Fairway Farm Airport (86TS) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to San Augustine:
- Stephen F Austin State University (about 29 miles; Nacogdoches, TX; Full-time enrollment: 11,542)
- Angelina College (about 41 miles; Lufkin, TX; FT enrollment: 3,478)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana (about 62 miles; Natchitoches, LA; FT enrollment: 7,700)
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport (about 67 miles; Shreveport, LA; FT enrollment: 3,159)
- Southern University at Shreveport (about 73 miles; Shreveport, LA; FT enrollment: 2,277)
- Kilgore College (about 74 miles; Kilgore, TX; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- LeTourneau University (about 75 miles; Longview, TX; FT enrollment: 2,357)
Public high schools in San Augustine:
- SAN AUGUSTINE H S (Students: 202, Location: 702 N CLARK ST, Grades: 6-12)
- BROADDUS H S (Location: 16405 STATE HWY 147, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle school in San Augustine:
- SAN AUGUSTINE EL (Students: 220, Location: 101 S MILAM ST, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in San Augustine: Ezekiel Cullen House (A), Horn-Polk House (B), Matthew Cartwright House (C), San Augustine County Courthouse (D), Tenaha Ranger District Office (E), San Augustine County Historical Foundation Museum (F), Ezekiel Cullen Home Museum (G), San Augustine Volunteer Fire Department (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Horton Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Budget Inn (116 South USHighway 96).
(21.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 49.9% for Black residents, 44.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
262 people in nursing homes in 2000
4 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in San Augustine (2011 data):
- First Bank & Trust East Texas: San Augustine Branch at State Highway 96, North, branch established on 1996/03/04. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $800.8 mil, Deposits: $720.7 mil, headquarters in Diboll, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 18 total offices, Holding Company: Diboll State Bancshares, Inc.
- Shelby Savings Bank, SSB: San Augustine Office at 710 West Columbia, branch established on 1988/06/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $258.6 mil, Deposits: $210.6 mil, headquarters in Center, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Shelby Bancshares, Inc.
- Texas Bank and Trust Company: San Augustine Branch at 102 West Columbia, branch established on 1925/06/22. Info updated 2011/11/15: Bank assets: $1,431.3 mil, Deposits: $1,244.3 mil, headquarters in Longview, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Overton Financial Corporation
- Compass Bank: San Augustine Branch at 123 South Harrison Street, branch established on 1902/03/05. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $63,107.0 mil, Deposits: $46,232.4 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 720 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for San Augustine town (based on San Augustine County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|San Augustine County:||1.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Augustine County:||1.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Augustine County:||5.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Augustine County:||28.1%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of San Augustine, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$5,748||$68,976||6||$650|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,006||$24,072||2||$1,339|
|Police Protection - Officers||8||$25,729||$38,594||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$4,198||$25,188||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||5||$8,619||$20,686||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$5,318||$21,272||2||$1,508|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||7||$4,991|
|Totals for Government||36||$94,521||$31,507||20||$10,093|
7.05% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,939 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Nacogdoches County, TX||1.08% ($23,067 average AGI)|
|from Shelby County, TX||0.72% ($31,900)|
|from Angelina County, TX||0.58% ($30,250)|
5.97% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,061 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in San Augustine:
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSML (1260 AM; 5 kW; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDET (930 AM; 1 kW; CENTER, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KPBL (1240 AM; 1 kW; HEMPHILL, TX; Owner: PHILLIP BURR)
- KTXJ (1350 AM; 5 kW; JASPER, TX; Owner: LASTING VALUE RADIO, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in San Augustine:
- KQSI (92.5 FM; SAN AUGUSTINE, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KQBB (100.5 FM; CENTER, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KYKS (105.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KAFX-FM (95.5 FM; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSWP (90.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN EDUCATIONAL B/CNG FOUNDATION)
- KAVX (91.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN ED BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KTHP (103.9 FM; HEMPHILL, TX; Owner: BALDRIDGE-DUMAS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYBI (101.9 FM; HUNTINGTON, TX; Owner: VERNA R. PHILLIPS)
TV broadcast stations around San Augustine:
- KLNM-LP (Channel 42; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: MILLENIUM COMMUNICATIONS)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 71m233ftTotal length
- 14,210Total average daily traffic
- 2,657Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in San Augustine)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:83 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- San Augustine Cty Courthouse Square (Lat: 31.530472 Lon: -94.110194), Call Sign: KTS739
Assigned Frequencies: 46.2000 MHzGrant Date: 09/22/1997, Expiration Date: 11/17/2002, Cancellation Date: 11/08/2002Registrant: City Of San Augustine, 301 S Harrison, San Augustine, TX 75972
- On Town Square Behind Courthouse (Lat: 31.530472 Lon: -94.110194), Call Sign: WRH260
Assigned Frequencies: 154.025 MHzGrant Date: 08/07/2014, Expiration Date: 07/05/2024Registrant: City Of San Augustine, 301 S Harrison, San Augustine, TX 75972, Phone: (936) 275-2121
- .3 Mi S Of Jct 96 And 147 (Lat: 31.506583 Lon: -94.129639), Call Sign: WNQB624
Assigned Frequencies: 151.190 MHz, 151.310 MHz, 151.475 MHz, 159.225 MHz, 159.240 MHz, 159.285 MHz, 159.300 MHz, 159.330 MHz, 159.360 MHz, 159.375 MHz... (+3 more)Grant Date: 05/31/2014, Expiration Date: 08/11/2024Registrant: Texas Forest Service, Lufkin, TX 75902, Phone: (936) 639-8140, Fax: (936) 639-8138, Email:
- Water Tower Behind Hospital 511 Hospital St (Lat: 31.532694 Lon: -94.104083), Call Sign: WQK878, Licensee ID: L00104376
Assigned Frequencies: 155.340 MHz, 163.250 MHzGrant Date: 08/28/1995, Expiration Date: 08/28/2000, Cancellation Date: 10/29/2000Registrant: Memorial Medical Center San Augustine, 511 Hospital St, San Augustine, TX 75972, Phone: (409) 275-3446
- Hwy 96 (Lat: 31.538861 Lon: -94.125333), Type: Pole, Structure height: 0 m, Overall height: 15 m, Call Sign: WQJM999
Assigned Frequencies: 1.67000 MHzGrant Date: 11/05/2008, Expiration Date: 11/05/2018, Certifier: John E McdowellRegistrant: Vaisala, Inc., 2880 Slater Rd. Suite 200, Morrisville, NC 27560, Phone: (919) 433-8281, Fax: (919) 361-2948, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in San Augustine)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: QUAD CITY ULTRALIGHT ACFT CORP CHALLENGER II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503UL (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 61086 , Serial Number: CH2-0796-1509, Year manufactured: 1998, Airworthiness Date: 12/28/2007
Registrant (Individual): Kenneth Edward Leach, Po Box 433, San Augustine, TX 75972
- Aircraft: LUSCOMBE 8A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 86 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 71567 , Serial Number: 2994, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 09/06/1957
Registrant (Individual): George G Bennett, 804 E Hospital St, San Augustine, TX 75972
- Aircraft: SILVAIRE LUSCOMBE 8A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 86 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 989M , Serial Number: 6530, Year manufactured: 1948, Airworthiness Date: 08/16/1979
Registrant (Individual): George E Bennett, 804 E Hospital St, San Augustine, TX 75972
Drinking water stations with addresses in San Augustine and their reported violations in the past:BLAND LAKE RURAL WSC (Population served: 555, Purch surface water):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2012 and SEP-2012, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-13-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-13-2012), St Public Notif received (FEB-22-2013), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2012 and JUN-2012, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-21-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-21-2012), St Public Notif received (SEP-05-2012), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-2012 and MAR-2012, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-04-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-04-2012), St Public Notif received (JUL-06-2012), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2011 and DEC-2011, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-07-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-07-2012), St Public Notif received (MAY-21-2012), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2011 and SEP-2011, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-27-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-27-2011), St Public Notif received (FEB-29-2012), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2011 and JUN-2011, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-14-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-14-2011), St Public Notif received (NOV-10-2011), St Compliance achieved (SEP-03-2013)
- 15 other older health violations
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2008 and DEC-2008, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-27-2009), St Public Notif requested (MAR-27-2009), St Public Notif received (APR-21-2009), St Compliance achieved (AUG-04-2009)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 76
- Hazardous Condition: 30
Incident types - San Augustine
|Most common first names in San Augustine, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in San Augustine, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (53%)
- Utility gas (44%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in San Augustine, TX|
San Augustine compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
San Augustine on our top lists:
- #60 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in nursing homes (population 1,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013"