We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||32.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54806.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $16,807 (it was $11,664 in 2000)
Sanborn town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $84,368 (it was $47,200 in 2000)
Races in Sanborn, WI (2010)
- 1,02076.6%American Indian alone
- 18814.1%White alone
- 523.9%Two or more races
- 30.2%Black alone
Latest news from Sanborn, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (5.6%), Polish (2.7%), Norwegian (1.5%), Swedish (1.5%), Irish (1.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 830 feet
Land area: 156.4 square miles.
Population density: 8.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sanborn:
- High school or higher: 83.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 9.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 12.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sanborn town:
- Never married: 41.3%
- Now married: 32.2%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 17.6%
14 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sanborn town:||2.1% ($979)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (67.6 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (161.7 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (361.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Diaperville, WI (1.1 miles) , Odanah, WI (1.4 miles ), New Odanah, WI (1.7 miles ), Franks Field, WI (2.5 miles) , Gingles, WI (2.6 miles ), Ashland, WI (2.8 miles ), Birch Hill, WI (3.0 miles ), Washburn, WI (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $152,800
Latitude: 46.59 N, Longitude: 90.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (22%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (21%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Utilities (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Public administration (23%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (17%)
- Social assistance (13%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Health care (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (4%)
- Other protective service workers including supervisors (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (5%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (11%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Child care workers (8%)
- Other protective service workers including supervisors (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
Average climate in Sanborn, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Sanborn-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 262.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 274.5 miles away from Sanborn center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 366.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 299.3 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 452.6 miles away from Sanborn center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 233.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Ashland County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Sanborn:
- ASHLAND CO HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- BAY AREA HLTH (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- FMC DIALYSIS - CHEQUAMEGON BAY (Dialysis Facility, about 9 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- REGIONAL HSPC SVCS (Hospital, about 9 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- ASHLAND HEALTH AND REHAB CTR (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-COURT MANOR (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- MEMORIAL MED CTR Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sanborn:
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 66 miles; Superior, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 67 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 68 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 69 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 82 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- Michigan Technological University (about 110 miles; Houghton, MI; FT enrollment: 6,078)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 123 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
Notable locations in Sanborn: Waverly Campground (A), Bad River Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Sanborn: Odanah Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Odanah Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Pictured Rock Lake (A), Bad River Slough (B), Sugarbush Lake (C), Honest John Lake (D), Lost Lake (E), Moonshine Lake (F), Alex Pond (G), Elm Hoist Wildlife Pond 0.5 (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Beartrap Creek (A), Sugarbush Creek (B), Potato River (C), Thornapple Creek (D), Marengo River (E), Vaughn Creek (F), Kakagon River (G), Camerons Creek (H), Bad River (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 46.7. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 29.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 3.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 8.10. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 4.49. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 3.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sanborn town (based on Ashland County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Ashland County:||4.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ashland County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ashland County:||6.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||18.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.01% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($58,101 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bayfield County, WI||0.70% ($28,227 average AGI)|
|from Price County, WI||0.38% ($26,083)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.27% ($34,353)|
5.66% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,994 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sanborn:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WATW (1400 AM; 1 kW; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sanborn:
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBSZ (93.3 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: GERALD JAMES HACKMAN)
- WIMI (99.7 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- W284AN (104.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W275AF (102.9 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
TV broadcast stations around Sanborn:
- W45CI (Channel 45; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: KQDS ACQUISITION CORP.)
- WAST-LP (Channel 25; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: RESOURCE RECOVERY OF WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 33m108ftTotal length
- 19,590Total average daily traffic
- 1,511Total average daily truck traffic
- 30,470Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (50%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (32%)
- Wood (7%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (6%)
- Electricity (5%)
Sanborn compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.