We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.6 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04479.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,073 (it was $13,984 in 2000)
Sangerville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $112,904 (it was $68,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $146,333; Detached houses: $158,409; Townhouses or other attached units: $192,170; In 2-unit structures: $150,318; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $86,534; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $328,038; Mobile homes: $49,046
Races in Sangerville, ME (2010)
- 1,29796.6%White alone
- 171.3%Two or more races
- 151.1%American Indian alone
- 40.3%Black alone
- 30.2%Asian alone
- 20.1%Other race alone
|Bill submitted to allow Maine gun owners to carry concealed without permit (296 replies)|
|Camps, "temporary" structures and permits? (84 replies)|
|Is the East-West Highway a done deal? (131 replies)|
|How hard is it to get a handgun permit? (106 replies)|
|Downeast Dickering (31 replies)|
|Shooting for fun in Maine... (42 replies)|
Latest news from Sangerville, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (33.1%), French (23.3%), Irish (15.5%), German (6.5%), United States (5.0%), Scottish (4.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 06/13/1814
Elevation: 518 feet
Land area: 38.5 square miles.
Population density: 35 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sangerville:
- High school or higher: 83.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sangerville town:
- Never married: 16.3%
- Now married: 58.5%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 11.7%
- Divorced: 12.4%
14 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Sangerville, Maine as of August 31, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Sangerville to the number of sex offenders is 393 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sangerville town:||1.0% ($692)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (111.5 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (213.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (375.1 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Guilford, ME (2.2 miles ), Dover-Foxcroft, ME (2.4 miles ), Parkman, ME (2.5 miles ), Dexter, ME (2.7 miles ), Garland, ME (3.0 miles ), Ripley, ME (3.0 miles ), Abbot, ME (3.0 miles ), Cambridge, ME (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 45.12 N, Longitude: 69.31 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (10%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (9%)
- Textile mills and textile products (8%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (10%)
- Textile mills and textile products (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Carpenters (3%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (4%)
Average climate in Sangerville, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Sangerville-area historical earthquake activity is near Maine state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 220.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 260.9 miles away from Sangerville center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 159.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 78.6 miles away from the city center
On 2/26/1999 at 03:38:43, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 2.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 45.7 miles away from Sangerville center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 128.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Piscataquis County (20) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 12, Storms: 11, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipients born in Sangerville: Charles A. Clark, Otis O. Roberts.
Hospitals and medical centers near Sangerville:
- MAYO REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 6 miles away; DOVER FOXCROFT, ME)
- HIBBARD NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; DOVER FOXCROFT, ME)
- DEXTER HEALTH CARE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; DEXTER, ME)
- SQUARE ROAD GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 15 miles away; SAINT ALBANS, ME)
Airports located in Sangerville:
- Morrel Field Airport (Runways: 2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sangerville:
- Husson University (about 33 miles; Bangor, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine (about 35 miles; Orono, ME; FT enrollment: 8,931)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 52 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 60 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 107 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 112 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 112 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable location: Sangerville Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Sangerville: First Unitarian Universalist Church of Sangerville (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Town House Cemetery (1), Jackman Corner Cemetery (2), Gilman Cemetery (3), Village Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Center Pond (A), Marr Pond (B), Carlton Stream Reservoir (C), Lougee Bog (D), Brown Bog (E), Grey Bog (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Alder Brook (A), Townhouse Brook (B), Sucker Brook (C), Flanders Brook (D), Oak Brook (E), French Mills Brook (F), Carlton Stream (G), Black Stream (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2001 was 74.9. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2001 was 28.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Sangerville compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (73%)
- Wood (16%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sangerville town (based on Piscataquis County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Piscataquis County:||5.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piscataquis County:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piscataquis County:||8.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
5.65% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,622 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||2.00% ($26,472 average AGI)|
|from Somerset County, ME||0.36% ($34,864)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.28% ($48,588)|
6.17% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,622 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sangerville:
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFAU (1280 AM; 5 kW; GARDINER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sangerville:
- WQCB (106.5 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGUY (102.1 FM; DEXTER, ME; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WDME-FM (103.1 FM; DOVER-FOXCROFT, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWBX (97.1 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WBFB (104.7 FM; BELFAST, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJCX (99.5 FM; PITTSFIELD, ME; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WBZN (107.3 FM; OLD TOWN, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKIT-FM (100.3 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WHQO (107.9 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Sangerville:
- W27CE (Channel 19; DOVER-FOXCROFT, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WABI-TV (Channel 5; BANGOR, ME; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING SERVICE)
Sangerville fatal accident list:
Mar 28, 2003 11:19 PM, Sr-23, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Sep 30, 1999 01:30 PM, Sr-23, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Mar 20, 1990 07:30 AM, 18161865, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Aug 11, 1987 08:40 AM, 50145015, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 11m36ftTotal length
- $2,879,000Total costs
- 8,614Total average daily traffic
- 706Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,380Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Fire Station (Lat: 45.164778 Lon: -69.357833), Call Sign: KXZ568
Assigned Frequencies: 153.920 MHz
Grant Date: 02/13/1995, Expiration Date: 02/27/2000, Cancellation Date: 10/29/2000
Registrant: Sangerville, Town Of, Municipal Office, Sangerville, ME 04479, Phone: (207) 876-2814
- Pump Station #5 - Mill Street (Lat: 45.168778 Lon: -69.354944), Type: Building, Structure height: 3.6 m, Overall height: 5.4 m, Call Sign: WQHV577
Assigned Frequencies: 154.478 MHz
Grant Date: 11/19/2007, Expiration Date: 11/19/2017, Certifier: Frank Ruksznis
Registrant: Electrical Installations, Inc., 397 Whittier Hwy., Moultonboro, NH 03254, Phone: (603) 253-4525, Fax: (603) 253-6284
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: KB1DZE, Licensee ID: L01481070
Grant Date: 04/08/2009, Expiration Date: 04/21/2019
Registrant: Randy A Green, 36 Douty Hill Rd., Sangerville, ME 04479
- Call Sign: N1PGX
Grant Date: 06/01/1993, Expiration Date: 06/01/2003, Cancellation Date: 06/02/2005
Registrant: Harold C Rolfe, Rfd 1 Mb 518a, Sangerville, ME 04479
- Call Sign: N1XRJ, Licensee ID: L01168374
Grant Date: 07/01/2006, Expiration Date: 07/06/2016
Registrant: Arnold R Corson, Sangerville, ME 04479
- Call Sign: NE2O, Licensee ID: L00434473
Grant Date: 01/13/2012, Expiration Date: 02/18/2022
Registrant: Charles R Plumeri Jr, 119 Grant Rd, Sangerville, ME 04479
- Call Sign: WB1HBV, Licensee ID: L00287489
Grant Date: 05/16/2008, Expiration Date: 08/07/2018, Certifier: Wayne G Depew
Registrant: Wayne G Depew, 94 Anderson Rd, Sangerville, ME 04479
- Call Sign: AA1JR, Previous Call Sign: N1KGT, Licensee ID: L00131724
Grant Date: 09/23/2010, Expiration Date: 12/19/2020, Certifier: Joseph A Ranagan
Registrant: Joseph A Ranagan, 394 Frenchs Mill Rd, Sangerville, ME 04479-3544
- Call Sign: KB1UCU, Licensee ID: L01563446
Grant Date: 04/21/2010, Expiration Date: 04/21/2020, Certifier: Sarah V Jarnecki
Registrant: Sarah V Jarnecki, Sangerville, ME 04479
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: MAULE M-7-235B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING IO-540 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1047U , Serial Number: 23043C, Year manufactured: 1998, Airworthiness Date: 01/13/1998
Registrant (Individual): Peter A Payne, 83 Dearth Rd, Sangerville, ME 04479
- Aircraft: CESSNA 170B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C145 SERIES (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4517C , Serial Number: 25461, Year manufactured: 1952, Airworthiness Date: 12/09/1955
Registrant (Individual): Victor Morrel, 10 Hartford Ln, Sangerville, ME 04479
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 8
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.