We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||49.3 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04426.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,065 (it was $13,495 in 2000)
Sebec town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $152,521 (it was $84,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $145,985; Detached houses: $153,275; Townhouses or other attached units: $217,072; In 2-unit structures: $184,170; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $128,232; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $490,631; Mobile homes: $57,828
Races in Sebec, ME (2010)
- 61197.0%White alone
- 91.4%Two or more races
- 50.8%American Indian alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
|Sebec area info (13 replies)|
|Looking at Sebec... (2 replies)|
|Tax Friendly, Modern, Family-Sized, Reasonably Priced Homes (14 replies)|
|Impact of cottagers (44 replies)|
|Coastal Mainers Vs. Rich Outsiders (53 replies)|
|Maine standards-what is a "pond" vs. what is a "lake?" (40 replies)|
Latest news from Sebec, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (28.8%), French (24.0%), Irish (17.5%), Scottish (11.8%), United States (10.8%), Italian (5.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/28/1812
Elevation: 358 feet
Land area: 37.0 square miles.
Population density: 17 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sebec:
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 8.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sebec town:
- Never married: 19.4%
- Now married: 60.8%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 12.3%
7 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Sebec, Maine as of December 11, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Sebec to the number of sex offenders is 570 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sebec town:||0.8% ($667)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (123.2 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (224.9 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (387.8 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Milo, ME (2.5 miles ), Atkinson, ME (2.5 miles ), Dover-Foxcroft, ME (2.7 miles ), Brownville, ME (2.8 miles ), Bowerbank, ME (2.9 miles) , Medford, ME (3.6 miles ), Sangerville, ME (3.6 miles ), Charleston, ME (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 45.24 N, Longitude: 69.11 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Construction (9%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Health care (25%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Pharmacies and drug stores (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Registered nurses (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
Average climate in Sebec, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Sebec-area historical earthquake activity is near Maine state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 232.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 272.8 miles away from Sebec center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 78.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 172.4 miles away from the city center
On 2/26/1999 at 03:38:43, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 2.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 56.5 miles away from Sebec center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 118.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Piscataquis County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 12, Storms: 11, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sebec:
- University of Maine (about 32 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 33 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 65 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 72 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 120 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 124 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 124 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable locations in Sebec: Sebec Station (A), Village Fire Station (B), Sebec Historical Society Building (C), Sebec Volunteer Fire Department North Road Fire Station (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Sebec: Sebec Village Community Christian Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Harriman Corner Cemetery (1), Cowan Extension Cemetery (2), Sebec Corner Cemetery (3), Sebec Village Cemetery (4), Foss Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Dow Pond (A), Garland Pond (B), Harriman Pond (C), Parker Pond (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Alder Brook (A), Ayers Brook (B), Badger Brook (C), Smith Brook (D), Trout Brook (E), Gulf Stream (F), Salmon Stream (G), Meadow Brook (H), Merrill Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Foggy Mountain Guide Service (Tours & Charters; 131 Ladd Road) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Hotel: Sunset Ridge Lodge & Outfitters (Sunset Ridge Road) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2001 was 74.9. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2001 was 28.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sebec town (based on Piscataquis County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Piscataquis County:||5.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piscataquis County:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piscataquis County:||8.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
5.65% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,622 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||2.00% ($26,472 average AGI)|
|from Somerset County, ME||0.36% ($34,864)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.28% ($48,588)|
6.17% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,622 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sebec:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sebec:
- WQCB (106.5 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WDME-FM (103.1 FM; DOVER-FOXCROFT, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGUY (102.1 FM; DEXTER, ME; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWBX (97.1 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZN (107.3 FM; OLD TOWN, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBFB (104.7 FM; BELFAST, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSYY-FM (94.9 FM; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHMX (105.7 FM; LINCOLN, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
TV broadcast stations around Sebec:
- W27CE (Channel 19; DOVER-FOXCROFT, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Sebec fatal accident list:
Oct 20, 2004 04:00 PM, North Road, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
Feb 3, 2003 07:35 AM, Sr-6, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 2
Aug 6, 2000 11:50 AM, Stagecoach Rd, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Nov 19, 1998 08:18 PM, Sr-16, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Jul 18, 1991 10:36 PM, 6, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Sep 8, 1987 02:30 PM, 70927093, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- 644Total average daily traffic
- 51Total average daily truck traffic
- 966Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: K1PQ, Previous Call Sign: KB1BUJ, Licensee ID: L01042179, Grant Date: 03/29/2008, Expiration Date: 06/18/2018, Certifier: William N Welsh, Registrant: Piscataquis Amateur Radio Club, 427 Downs Rd, Sebec, ME 04481-3128
- Call Sign: KA1CYY, Licensee ID: L00907861, Grant Date: 06/20/2014, Expiration Date: 08/20/2024, Certifier: Donald A Ambler, Registrant: Donald A Ambler, 92 North Rd, Sebec, ME 04481
- Call Sign: W1GHH, Licensee ID: L00289350, Grant Date: 07/21/1997, Expiration Date: 07/21/2007, Cancellation Date: 07/22/2009, Registrant: Daniel C Newcome, Sebec, ME 04481
- Call Sign: KB1OUS, Licensee ID: L01265112, Grant Date: 04/04/2007, Expiration Date: 04/04/2017, Certifier: Charles B Shaffer, Registrant: Charles B Shaffer, 214 Downs Rd, Sebec, ME 04481
- Call Sign: KB1OXE, Licensee ID: L01275682, Grant Date: 04/25/2007, Expiration Date: 04/25/2017, Certifier: Alexander M Shaffer, Registrant: Alexander M Shaffer, 214 Downs Rd, Sebec, ME 04481
- Call Sign: KB1WEA, Licensee ID: L01666654, Grant Date: 10/17/2011, Expiration Date: 10/17/2021, Certifier: William N Welsh, Registrant: William N Welsh, 427 Downs Rd, Sebec, ME 04481
- Call Sign: KC1CJZ, Licensee ID: L01886655, Grant Date: 08/14/2014, Expiration Date: 08/14/2024, Certifier: Glenn A Mcmillin, Registrant: Glenn A Mcmillin, 558 North Rd, Sebec, ME 04481
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 121 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 180D , Serial Number: 31168, Airworthiness Date: 08/01/1985
Registrant (Co-Owned): Edgar C Jr Prouty, 728 Milo Rd, Sebec, ME 04481, Other Owners: Cathrine L Prouty
Drinking water stations with addresses in Sebec and their reported violations in the past:ROCKIN P SPORTING LODGE (Population served: 72, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:SEBEC COUNTRY STORE (Population served: 36, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 5 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
- 4 regular monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (72%)
- Wood (24%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Sebec compared to Maine state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2017.