|Median resident age:||37.3 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 75482
Seymore CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $103,833 (it was $67,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,187 (82.0%)
- Hispanic - 263 (9.9%)
- Black alone - 194 (7.3%)
- Two or more races - 10 (0.4%)
- American Indian alone - 8 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 5 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.04%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 494 feet
Land area: 79.0 square miles.
Population density: 36 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Seymore:
- High school or higher: 78.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Seymore CCD:
- Never married: 18.3%
- Now married: 69.0%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 8.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Seymore CCD:||1.6% ($1,053)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Tyler, TX (50.1 miles , pop. 83,650).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Garland, TX (60.3 miles , pop. 215,768).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (70.3 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Yantis, TX (2.4 miles ), Como, TX (2.9 miles ), Sulphur Springs, TX (2.9 miles ), Pickton-Pine Forest, TX (3.6 miles ), Emory, TX (3.7 miles ), Alba, TX (3.9 miles ), Cumby, TX (4.0 miles ), Point, TX (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 33.01 N, Longitude: 95.60 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 903
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Construction (10%)
- Truck transportation (8%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Food (4%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Health care (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Transportation equipment (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Engineers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (12%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Child care workers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Seymore, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Seymore-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 122% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/14/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.6 miles away from the Seymore place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 12/3/1973, a category F3 tornado 14.8 miles away from the place center .
Earthquake activity:Seymore-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 123.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 299.4 miles away from Seymore center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 245.1 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 247.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 167.1 miles away from Seymore center
On 5/31/1997 at 03:26:41, a magnitude 3.4 (3.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 24.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hopkins County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 4, Fires: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Seymore:
- AT HOME HEALTHCARE (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- SULPHUR SPRINGS NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- ROCK CREEK HEALTH AND REHABILITATION, LLC (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- HOPKINS COUNTY NURSI (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- SUNNY SPRINGS NURSING AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- HOSPICE AT MEMORIAL (Hospital, about 10 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
- HOPKINS COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Seymore:
- Texas A & M University-Commerce (about 24 miles; Commerce, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,890)
- Northeast Texas Community College (about 43 miles; Mount Pleasant, TX; FT enrollment: 2,320)
- Paris Junior College (about 45 miles; Paris, TX; FT enrollment: 3,875)
- Tyler Junior College (about 51 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 8,104)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (about 53 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 5,774)
- Trinity Valley Community College (about 59 miles; Athens, TX; FT enrollment: 5,333)
- Collin County Community College District (about 61 miles; McKinney, TX; FT enrollment: 18,044)
Notable location: Arbala Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Seymore include: Pleasant Hill Church (A), Union Church (B), Independent Church (C), Midway Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Gamblin Cemetery (1), Seymore Cemetery (2), Melton Cemetery (3), Ishmeal Cemetery (4), Restlawn Memorial Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Alberta Lake (A), Elberta Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wood Creek (A), Rock Branch (B), Reppond Branch (C), Basset Branch (D), Gideon Creek (E), Greenview Creek (F), Dry Creek (G), Chaffin Creek (H), Cane Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Seymore compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (57%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (34%)
- Wood (5%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Seymore CCD (based on Hopkins County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 71.34%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Baptist Missionary Association of America||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Catholic Church|
|Name||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Assemblies of God||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||American Baptist Association||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hopkins County:||0.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hopkins County:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
6.49% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,354 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hunt County, TX||0.76% ($29,427 average AGI)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.59% ($33,101)|
|from Wood County, TX||0.56% ($31,785)|
6.42% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,352 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Seymore:
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSST (1230 AM; 1 kW; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX; Owner: HOPKINS COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KAAM (770 AM; 10 kW; GARLAND, TX; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Seymore:
- KRVA-FM (107.1 FM; CAMPBELL, TX; Owner: FIRST BROADCASTING INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC)
- KSCH (95.9 FM; SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX; Owner: EAST TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLTY (94.9 FM; ARLINGTON, TX; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA OF TEXAS, LLC)
- KWNS (104.7 FM; WINNSBORO, TX; Owner: RICHARD E. FOSTER)
- KDVE (103.1 FM; PITTSBURG, TX; Owner: ON-AIR FAMILY, LLC)
- KVNE (89.5 FM; TYLER, TX; Owner: EDUC. RADIO FOUND. OF E. TEXAS, INC.)
- KALK (97.7 FM; WINFIELD, TX; Owner: EAST TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMOO-FM (96.7 FM; MINEOLA, TX; Owner: HIGHTOWER RADIO, INC.)
- KETR (88.9 FM; COMMERCE, TX; Owner: TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE)
TV broadcast stations around Seymore:
- KTAQ (Channel 47; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: MIKE SIMONS)
- KLTV (Channel 7; TYLER, TX; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- KNOK-LP (Channel 43; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: IGLESIA JESU CHRISTO ES MI REFUGIO, INC.)