Shelby County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Click to draw/clear place borders
Notable locations in Shelbyville: East Hamilton Boat Ramp Recreation Site (A), Snyders Boat Ramp (B), Ragtown Recreation Site (C), Welchs Store (D), Dreka Work Center (E), Alexanders Store (F), Boles Field (G), Davis Ranch (H), Jordans Store (I), Pauls Store (J), Shelbyville Volunteer Fire Department (K). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Shelbyville include: West Hamilton Church (A), Browns Chapel (B), Bell Chapel (C), Carls Chapel (D), Triumph Church (E), Carrolltown Church (F), Dunnigan Church (G), East Hamilton Church (H), East Liberty Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Carroll Cemetery (1), Rather Cemetery (2), Holly Springs Cemetery (3), Daugherty Cemetery (4), East Hamilton Cemetery (5), East Liberty Cemetery (6), Hollow Springs Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Mason Lake (A), Goodsons Lake (B), Old River Lake (C), Windham Lake (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bivens Branch (A), Bell Creek (B), Beauchamp Creek (C), Sandy Creek (D), McGrue Creek (E), Buckley Creek (F), Yellow Branch (G), Wooten Creek (H), Wilson Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This place: || 2.4 people|
|Texas: || 2.7 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This place: || 65.4%|
|Whole state: || 71.0%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This place: || 3.2%|
|Whole state: || 4.4%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Shelbyville, TX
Shelbyville compared to Texas state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Shelbyville (2011 data):
- Farmers State Bank: Shelbyville Branch at 5033 State Hwy 87 South, branch established on 1997/04/07. Info updated 2010/07/21: Bank assets: $343.1 mil, Deposits: $301.0 mil, headquarters in Center, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (46%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (17%)
- Wood (5%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Shelby County Texas:
Religion statistics for Shelbyville (based on Shelby County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.33%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||American Baptist Association||Baptist Missionary Association of America||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Assemblies of God||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Catholic Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Shelby County:||2.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|This county:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Shelby County:||3.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||4.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Texas:||8.9%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||26.6%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
5.86% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($31,465 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.20% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($29,951 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Shelbyville:
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDET (930 AM; 1 kW; CENTER, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KOKA (980 AM; 5 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: ACCESS.1 COMMUNICATIONS - SHREVEPORT, LLC)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KSYB (1300 AM; 5 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: AMISTAD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSML (1260 AM; 5 kW; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KPBL (1240 AM; 1 kW; HEMPHILL, TX; Owner: PHILLIP BURR)
Strongest FM radio stations in Shelbyville:
- KQBB (100.5 FM; CENTER, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KJVC (92.7 FM; MANSFIELD, LA; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KORI (104.7 FM; MANSFIELD, LA; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KQSI (92.5 FM; SAN AUGUSTINE, TX; Owner: CENTER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Shelbyville:
- KAIN-LP (Channel 55; NATCHITOCHES, LA; Owner: MARY GILL LEE)
- KNTS-LP (Channel 17; NATCHITOCHES, LA; Owner: RICHARD GILL)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
- Thomas F Riley, 0.59 Miles Ne Of The Intersection Of F-M 139 And Cr 2536(Bearing 265.6 Degrees) (Lat: 31.704139 Lon: -93.920194), Type: Tower, Structure height: 64 m, Overall height: 65.5 m
Registrant: 5 N. Mccormick Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73127, Phone: (405) 694-2100, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KB5TAX
Grant Date: 06/09/1992, Expiration Date: 06/09/2002, Cancellation Date: 06/11/2004
Registrant: Russell C Scott, Rt 1 Box 1510, Shelbyville, TX 75973
- Call Sign: KC5COR
Grant Date: 09/07/1993, Expiration Date: 09/07/2003, Cancellation Date: 09/08/2005
Registrant: Clifford E Hart, Rt 1 Box 1467, Shelbyville, TX 75973
- Call Sign: KJ5LQ, Previous Call Sign: KB5WNJ, Licensee ID: L00468372
Grant Date: 06/21/2003, Expiration Date: 07/06/2013
Registrant: Billy G Andrews, 7188 Fm 2261, Shelbyville, TX 75973
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY R44 II (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING IO-540-AE1A5 (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 644WB , Serial Number: 12499, Year manufactured: 2008, Airworthiness Date: 06/24/2010
Registrant (Individual): Christopher Scott Tyre, 3393 Fm 417 E, Shelbyville, TX 75973
|Most common first names in Shelbyville, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Shelbyville, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|