|Median resident age:||39.5 years|
|Washington median age:||35.3 years|
Zip code: 99347
Snake River CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $203,429 (it was $125,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 404 (97.1%)
- Hispanic - 9 (2.2%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.2%)
- Two or more races - 1 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 506.0 square miles.
Population density: 0.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Snake River:
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Snake River CCD:
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 62.4%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 0.8%
- Divorced: 16.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Snake River CCD:||1.2% ($1,455)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Kennewick, WA (80.5 miles , pop. 54,693).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (236.2 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (851.8 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Pomeroy, WA (2.8 miles ), Clarkston Heights-Vineland, WA (4.4 miles ), West Clarkston-Highland, WA (4.6 miles ), Clarkston, WA (4.6 miles ), Colton, WA (4.7 miles ), Asotin, WA (4.7 miles ), Uniontown, WA (4.7 miles ), Dayton, WA (4.8 miles ).
Latitude: 46.38 N, Longitude: 117.50 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 509
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (64%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Farm supplies merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (4%)
- Health care (20%)
- Social assistance (15%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Other direct selling establishments (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (46%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (7%)
- Top executives (5%)
- Financial managers (4%)
- Business operations specialists (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (16%)
- Registered nurses (16%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (11%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Accountants and auditors (8%)
- Drafters, engineering, and mapping technicians (5%)
- Other financial specialists (4%)
Average climate in Snake River, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Snake River-area historical earthquake activity is near Washington state average. It is 135% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 240.4 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 354.7 miles away from Snake River center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 244.3 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 407.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 245.9 miles away from Snake River center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 237.7 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Garfield County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rains: 2, Mudslides: 2, Snows: 2, Storms: 2, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Snake River:
- Lewis-Clark State College (about 23 miles; Lewiston, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,199)
- Washington State University (about 29 miles; Pullman, WA; FT enrollment: 25,055)
- University of Idaho (about 33 miles; Moscow, ID; FT enrollment: 10,416)
- Walla Walla Community College (about 44 miles; Walla Walla, WA; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- Eastern Washington University (about 77 miles; Cheney, WA; FT enrollment: 11,643)
- Columbia Basin College (about 79 miles; Pasco, WA; FT enrollment: 5,111)
- Eastern Oregon University (about 79 miles; La Grande, OR; FT enrollment: 3,127)
Notable locations in Snake River: Alder Thicket Campground (A), Offield Landing (B), Willow Landing (C), H A McEachan Ranch (D), F Kessler Ranch (E), Pataha Research Natural Area (F), Columbia Center (G), First Creek Cabin (H), Misery Spring Campground (I), Pataha Campground (J), Powell Camp (K), Ruchert Camp (L), Clearwater Lookout (M), Cecil Bott Ranch (N), C H Neal Ranch (O), J R Evans Ranch (P), Sheephead Corral (Q), Spruce Spring Campground (R), Valentine (S), Wickiup Campground (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Kirby Cemetery (1), Mayview Cemetery (2), Pioneer Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Bear Creek (A), Casey Creek (B), Cherry Creek (C), Coyote Creek (D), Donaldson Creek (E), Dry Pataha Creek (F), First Creek (G), Meadow Creek (H), Melton Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Snake River: Grouse Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2007 was 49.0. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 21.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 10.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.0 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Snake River compared to Washington state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (46%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (26%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (15%)
- Wood (9%)
- Other fuel (4%)
Religion statistics for Snake River CCD (based on Garfield County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 65.29%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Garfield County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
6.48% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($43,000 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
7.18% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,810 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Strongest AM radio stations in Snake River:
- KQQQ (1150 AM; 25 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KOZE (950 AM; 5 kW; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: 4-K RADIO, INC.)
- KMAX (840 AM; 10 kW; COLFAX, WA; Owner: PALOUSE COUNTRY, INC.)
- KCLK (1430 AM; 5 kW; ASOTIN, WA; Owner: CLARKSTON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KWSU (1250 AM; 5 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KRLC (1350 AM; 5 kW; CLARKSTON LEWISTON,, WA; Owner: IDA-VEND COMPANY, INC.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KXLY (920 AM; 20 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE RADIO, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMJY (700 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, WA; Owner: JAMES E. AND HELEN G. STARGEL)
- KFLD (870 AM; 10 kW; PASCO, WA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Snake River:
- KCLK-FM (94.1 FM; CLARKSTON, WA; Owner: CLARKSTON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KVAB (102.9 FM; CLARKSTON, WA; Owner: CLARKSTON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KNWV (90.5 FM; CLARKSTON, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KMOK (106.9 FM; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: IDA-VEND COMPANY, INC.)
- KZHR (92.5 FM; DAYTON, WA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KVTY (105.1 FM; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: IDAVEND CO. INC.)
- KOZE-FM (96.5 FM; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: 4-K RADIO, INC.)
- KATW (101.5 FM; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: PACIFIC EMPIRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KHTR (104.3 FM; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KRLF (88.5 FM; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: LIVING FAITH F/SHIP EDUC. MINISTRIES)
- KZZL-FM (99.5 FM; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: PALOUSE COUNTRY, INC.)
- KNWO (90.1 FM; COTTONWOOD, ID; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KNLT (95.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KZFN (106.1 FM; MOSCOW, ID; Owner: KRPL, INC.)
- KUBQ (98.7 FM; LA GRANDE, OR; Owner: GRANDE RADIO, INC.)
- KWWS (89.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KRFA-FM (91.7 FM; MOSCOW, ID; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KRAO-FM (102.5 FM; COLFAX, WA; Owner: PALOUSE COUNTRY, INC.)
- KGTS (91.3 FM; COLLEGE PLACE, WA; Owner: WALLA WALLA COLLEGE)
- KHSS (100.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: TWO HEARTS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Snake River:
- KLEW-TV (Channel 3; LEWISTON, ID; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - WASHINGTON TV, L.L.C.)