We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53965.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $21,586 (it was $16,146 in 2000)
Springville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $129,635 (it was $75,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $151,817; Detached houses: $172,063; Townhouses or other attached units: $173,032; In 2-unit structures: $91,658; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $150,578; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $120,566; Mobile homes: $69,937; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $15,850
Races in Springville, WI (2010)
- 1,24494.4%White alone
- 241.8%American Indian alone
- 141.1%Two or more races
- 40.3%Black alone
- 10.08%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
Latest news from Springville, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (40.4%), English (12.9%), Irish (10.0%), Norwegian (9.9%), Polish (9.5%), United States (9.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1100 feet
Land area: 43.9 square miles.
Population density: 30 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Springville:
- High school or higher: 70.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Springville town:
- Never married: 17.6%
- Now married: 64.2%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 10.9%
26 residents are foreign born (2.2% Europe).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Springville town:||1.4% ($1,078)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Madison, WI (53.0 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (172.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Easton, WI (2.2 miles ), Kildare, WI (2.2 miles ), Lyndon Station, WI (2.5 miles ), Dell Prairie, WI (2.6 miles ), New Chester, WI (3.0 miles ), Grand Marsh, WI (3.0 miles) , Lemonweir, WI (3.2 miles ), Wisconsin Dells, WI (3.3 miles ).
Latitude: 43.78 N, Longitude: 89.81 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (19%)
- Health care (14%)
- Food and beverage stores (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Food (3%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (3%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (3%)
Average climate in Springville, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Springville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 55% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.4 miles away from the Springville town center killed one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 37.4 miles away from the town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Springville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 381.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 166.9 miles away from Springville center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 357.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 332.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 143.6 miles away from Springville center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 380.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Adams County (9) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Springville:
- CONTINENTAL MANOR OF WIS DELLS (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; WISCONSIN DELLS, WI)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-WISCONSIN DELLS (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; WISCONSIN DELLS, WI)
- MOUNDVIEW MEM HSPTL AND CLINICS Critical Access Hospitals (about 14 miles away; FRIENDSHIP, WI)
- VILLA PINES LIVING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; FRIENDSHIP, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Springville:
- Mid-State Technical College (about 43 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,128)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 52 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 52 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 53 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 53 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 54 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Edgewood College (about 54 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
Notable location: Dells Camp (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Olin Cemetery (1), Townline Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Swamps: Grays Marsh (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: White Creek (A), Duck Creek (B), Corning Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 53.5. This is better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2003 was 4.36. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.6 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2004 was 1.66. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 35.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 11.3. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.28. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 24.6 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Springville town (based on Adams County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Adams County:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adams County:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adams County:||3.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.28% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,040 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sauk County, WI||0.60% ($27,711 average AGI)|
|from Wood County, WI||0.49% ($21,946)|
|from Columbia County, WI||0.44% ($43,152)|
6.42% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,790 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Springville:
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WIBU (900 AM; 1 kW; WISCONSIN DELLS, WI; Owner: MAGNUM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WRJC (1270 AM; 1 kW; MAUSTON, WI)
Strongest FM radio stations in Springville:
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WNNO-FM (106.9 FM; WISCONSIN DELLS, WI; Owner: MAGNUM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDKM (106.1 FM; ADAMS, WI; Owner: ROCHE-A-CRI BROADCASTING)
- WRJC-FM (92.1 FM; MAUSTON, WI; Owner: WRJC, INCORPORATED)
- WNFM (104.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WBDL (102.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WBKY (95.9 FM; PORTAGE, WI; Owner: MAGNUM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDDC (100.1 FM; PORTAGE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Springville:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- W64AU (Channel 64; ADAMS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (78%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Wood (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Springville compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.