St. Lawrence, Wisconsin
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54962.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $30,712 (it was $20,160 in 2000)
St. Lawrence town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $143,778 (it was $94,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $172,754; Detached houses: $180,982; Townhouses or other attached units: $162,464; In 2-unit structures: $107,470; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $100,843; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $88,870; Mobile homes: $40,809
Races in St. Lawrence, WI (2010)
- 70198.7%White alone
- 20.3%American Indian alone
- 20.3%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
|What do families do on weekends in Appleton (2 replies)|
|Potential Move to Appleton (3 replies)|
|Images of Wisconsin (1632 replies)|
|C'mon Milwaukee, Let's Clean Up Our Town (23 replies)|
|moving to wisconsin (12 replies)|
|Fun In Appleton? (6 replies)|
Latest news from St. Lawrence, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (53.9%), Norwegian (21.9%), Irish (10.0%), Polish (8.8%), French (7.0%), English (6.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1071 feet
Land area: 34.7 square miles.
Population density: 20 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in St. Lawrence:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Lawrence town:
- Never married: 21.3%
- Now married: 62.3%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 10.1%
12 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|St. Lawrence town:||1.4% ($1,327)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Appleton, WI (34.7 miles , pop. 70,087).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (96.9 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (193.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Ogdensburg, WI (1.0 miles ), Scandinavia, WI (2.2 miles ), Iola, WI (2.3 miles ), Helvetia, WI (2.5 miles ), Manawa, WI (2.6 miles ), Little Wolf, WI (2.6 miles ), Waupaca, WI (2.6 miles ), Royalton, WI (2.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $19,500
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $117,500
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $81,400
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $113,300
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $147,700
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $149,000
- 2007: 5 buildings, average cost: $152,800
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $152,800
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $168,100
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $160,200
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.45 N, Longitude: 89.05 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Metal and metal products (17%)
- Construction (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Food (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (3%)
- Health care (14%)
- Finance and insurance (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Plastics and rubber products (5%)
- Publishing, and motion picture and sound recording industries (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Construction laborers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Other financial specialists (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
Average climate in St. Lawrence, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
St. Lawrence-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 27% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1951, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.5 miles away from the St. Lawrence town center killed 6 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F4 tornado 29.9 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:St. Lawrence-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 207.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 419.5 miles away from St. Lawrence center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 394.3 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 351.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 361.0 miles away from St. Lawrence center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 190.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Waupaca County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near St. Lawrence:
- RECOVER HEALTH OF WISCONSIN INC (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- MANAWA COM NUR CTR (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; MANAWA, WI)
- HOSPICE PGM WAUPACA CTY (Hospital, about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- DAVITA - GRAND SEASONS DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- FMC DIALYSIS - WAUPACA (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- RIVERSIDE MEDICAL CENTER, INC Critical Access Hospitals (about 8 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- LAKEVIEW MANOR (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; WEYAUWEGA, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Lawrence:
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 27 miles; Stevens Point, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,089)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 32 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 36 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 37 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 39 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 47 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 47 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
Notable location: Ogdensburg - Saint Lawrence Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Union Cemetery (1), Ogdensburg Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Rich Lake (A), Shambeau Lake (B), Black Lake (C), Vesey Lake (D), Hermanson Lake (E), Knutson Lake (F), Ogdensburg Pond (G), Ogdensburg Pond 9.4 (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Basteen Creek (A), Engibretson Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for St. Lawrence town (based on Waupaca County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Waupaca County:||1.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Waupaca County:||6.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.96% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,682 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Outagamie County, WI||1.15% ($34,154 average AGI)|
|from Winnebago County, WI||0.63% ($36,432)|
|from Portage County, WI||0.38% ($38,675)|
4.82% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,017 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in St. Lawrence:
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFHR (1320 AM; 5 kW; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. Lawrence:
- WDUX-FM (92.7 FM; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJMQ (92.3 FM; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHRM (90.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIFC (95.5 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WGLX-FM (103.3 FM; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDEZ (101.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: W R I G, INC.)
- WOZZ (93.5 FM; NEW LONDON, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WYTE (96.7 FM; WHITING, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around St. Lawrence:
- W66DC (Channel 66; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- W60CI (Channel 60; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W16AY (Channel 16; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W18CS (Channel 18; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W40BC (Channel 40; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W62DA (Channel 62; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 6m20ftTotal length
- 2,131Total average daily traffic
- 30Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,355Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- St Lawrence Silo, Lat: 43.368111 Lon: -88.358472, Type: Tower, Structure height: 36.5 m, Overall height: 37 m, Call Sign: WQJH835
Assigned Frequencies: 3650.00 MHzGrant Date: 09/16/2008, Expiration Date: 09/16/2018, Certifier: Mark E DodgeRegistrant: Granite Wireless, Inc., 300 Industrial Dr, Random Lake, WI 53075, Phone: (920) 994-2388, Email:
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (59%)
- Wood (18%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (18%)
- Electricity (2%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
St. Lawrence compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.