Lee County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 14.9%
(15.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.7 people|
|Illinois: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 72.9%|
|Whole state: || 65.8%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This village: || 5.2%|
|Whole state: || 6.3%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Steward, IL
Steward compared to Illinois state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age above state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Steward (2011 data):
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association: Sugar Cove Branch at 489 State Route 47, branch established on 2006/11/29. Info updated 2011/11/10: Bank assets: $1,811,678.0 mil, Deposits: $1,190,738.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, International Specialization, 5577 total offices, Holding Company: Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (87%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Electricity (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Steward (based on Lee County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 64.12%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Church of the Brethren||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Here:||1.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|This county:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Lee County:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||4.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Lee County:||8.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||8.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Steward government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - General - Other: $20,000 ($80.65)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($64.52)
Financial Administration: $15,000 ($60.48)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($24.19)
Regular Highways: $5,000 ($20.16)
Central Staff Services: $3,000 ($12.10)
General Public Buildings: $2,000 ($8.06)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($4.03)
Central Staff: $1,000 ($4.03)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $12,000 ($48.39)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($40.32)
Steward government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $3,000 ($12.10)
General Revenue, NEC: $1,000 ($4.03)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $41,000 ($165.32)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $21,000 ($84.68)
Highways: $11,000 ($44.35)
All Other: $1,000 ($4.03)
- Tax - Property: $4,000 ($16.13)
Steward government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $170,000 ($685.48)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $165,000 ($665.32)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $5,000 ($20.16)
Steward government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $168,000 ($677.42)
6.04% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($37,498 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.31% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($31,521 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Steward:
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WRHL (1060 AM; 0 kW; ROCHELLE, IL; Owner: ROCHELLE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WROK (1440 AM; 5 kW; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAUR (930 AM; 4 kW; SANDWICH, IL; Owner: CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING SYSTEM, LTD.)
- WLBK (1360 AM; 1 kW; DEKALB, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVIV (1200 AM; 20 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLXX-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Steward:
- WRHL-FM (102.3 FM; ROCHELLE, IL; Owner: ROCHELLE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WDKB (94.9 FM; DEKALB, IL; Owner: DEKALB COUNTY RADIO, LIMITED)
- WNIU (89.5 FM; DEKALB, IL; Owner: NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WDEK (92.5 FM; DEKALB, IL; Owner: SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WNIJ (90.5 FM; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WMKB (102.9 FM; EARLVILLE, IL; Owner: KM RADIO OF EARLVILLE, L.L.C.)
- WYCH (106.3 FM; GENOA, IL; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- WSEY (95.7 FM; OREGON, IL; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WSPY-FM (107.1 FM; PLANO, IL; Owner: NELSON ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WGLC-FM (100.1 FM; MENDOTA, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYHY (95.3 FM; WINNEBAGO, IL; Owner: AIRPLAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLLT (107.7 FM; POLO, IL; Owner: SAUK VALLEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WRCV (101.7 FM; DIXON, IL; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Steward:
- WWTO-TV (Channel 35; LASALLE, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WIFR (Channel 23; FREEPORT, IL; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WTVO (Channel 17; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: WINNEBAGO TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- WFBN-LP (Channel 33; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: WEIGEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSPY-LP (Channel 30; PLANO, IL; Owner: WSPY-TV, INC.)
- WQRF-TV (Channel 39; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: QUORUM OF ROCKFORD LICENSE, LLC)
- WREX-TV (Channel 13; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: WREX TELEVISION, LLC)
- WQFL-CA (Channel 8; ROCKFORD, IL; Owner: FAMILY VALUES ORGANIZATION, INC.)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- SBSTSD, Steward Elementary School (Lat: 41.847028 Lon: -89.023611), Type: Bant, Structure height: 22.9 m, Call Sign: WQRA750
Assigned Frequencies: 11225.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz... (+14 more)
Grant Date: 04/05/2013, Expiration Date: 04/05/2023, Certifier: John Lewis
Registrant: Urban Communications, Inc., 5320 W 159th Street, Oak Forest, IL 60452, Phone: (708) 381-5493, Fax: (708) 687-8786, Email:
- SCARBORO, 1340 Steward Rd (Lat: 41.780222 Lon: -89.034028), Type: Silo, Structure height: 41.2 m, Overall height: 45.7 m, Call Sign: WQRI321
Assigned Frequencies: 11465.0 MHz, 11545.0 MHz, 11465.0 MHz, 11545.0 MHz
Grant Date: 05/17/2013, Expiration Date: 05/17/2023, Certifier: Luke Pack
Registrant: Essex Telcom Dba T6 Broadband, 1890 Chrysler Dr, Belvidere, IL 61008, Phone: (815) 544-1168, Fax: (815) 380-6512, Email:
FAA Registered Aircraft:
10 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Steward
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Steward, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Steward, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Publishing, and motion picture and sound recording industries"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Supervisors, construction and extraction workers"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Communications equipment operators"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other financial specialists"