Strasburg: Buildings in the downtown business district.
Strasburg: The historic Hotel Strasburg.
Strasburg: The Shenandoah River at Strasburg City Park.
Strasburg: Auto and foot bridges over the Shenandoah River.
Strasburg: Businesses along King Street.
Strasburg: Looking west on King Street in downtown Strasburg.
Strasburg: Strasburg Post Office
Strasburg: Strasburg Fire Department
Strasburg: Strasburg City Hall
Strasburg: Strasburg welcome sign at Founders Landing.
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.6 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.6 years|
Zip codes: 22657.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $26,458 (it was $17,697 in 2000)
Strasburg town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $185,981 (it was $90,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $224,851; Detached houses: $231,890; Townhouses or other attached units: $239,377; In 2-unit structures: $132,413; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $151,078; Mobile homes: $61,552
Median gross rent in 2013: $825.
Races in Strasburg, VA (2010)
- 5,63288.0%White alone
- 3074.8%Black alone
- 1231.9%Two or more races
- 540.8%Asian alone
- 80.1%American Indian alone
- 30.05%Other race alone
Latest news from Strasburg, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (23.2%), English (15.2%), United States (13.8%), Irish (11.5%), Scotch-Irish (1.6%), Polish (1.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1922
Elevation: 578 feet
Land area: 3.15 square miles.
Population density: 2,083 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Strasburg:
- High school or higher: 86.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Strasburg town:
- Never married: 28.3%
- Now married: 47.3%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 17.6%
200 residents are foreign born (2.1% Latin America).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Strasburg, Virginia as of August 26, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Strasburg to the number of sex offenders is 927 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,250 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,044 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Reston, VA (54.5 miles , pop. 56,407).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Washington, DC (72.6 miles , pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (185.1 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Middletown, VA (2.2 miles ), Toms Brook, VA (2.3 miles ), Maurertown, VA (2.7 miles ), Stephens City, VA (3.2 miles ), Front Royal, VA (3.2 miles ), Woodstock, VA (3.4 miles ), Shenandoah Shores, VA (3.4 miles ), Wardensville, WV (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 38.99 N, Longitude: 78.36 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -707 (-10.8%)
Workers who live and work in this town: 523 (16.8%)
Area code: 540
|Crime rates in Strasburg by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 304.3)||123.3||141.6||125.4||149.1||124.0||172.1||259.4||168.9||122.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Strasburg detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.75|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +193 (+5.0%).
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Construction (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Health care and social assistance (20%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Production occupations (21%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (25%)
- Production occupations (21%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Strasburg, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Strasburg-area historical tornado activity is near Virginia state average. It is 28% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.1 miles away from the Strasburg town center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category F4 tornado 50.9 miles away from the town center injured 5 people and caused $6 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Strasburg-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 203.7 miles away from the city center
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 100.2 miles away from Strasburg center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 154.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 233.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 306.7 miles away from Strasburg center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 86.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Shenandoah County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Storms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Droughts: 2, Blizzard: 1, Fire: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Abraham Bowman - Politician, Danni Leigh - Country singer, Isaac Bowman - Kentucky pioneer, Bernadotte Everly Schmitt - Historian, David Ausberry - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers near Strasburg:
- HERITAGE HALL FRONT ROYAL (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; FRONT ROYAL, VA)
- FRONT ROYAL DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 10 miles away; FRONT ROYAL, VA)
- WARREN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; FRONT ROYAL, VA)
- SHENANDOAH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 12 miles away; WOODSTOCK, VA)
- CONSULATE HEALTH CARE OF WOODSTOCK (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; WOODSTOCK, VA)
airports located in Strasburg:
- Mulberry Run Airport (VA17) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Strasburg:
- Lord Fairfax Community College (about 6 miles; Middletown, VA; Full-time enrollment: 4,144)
- Shenandoah University (about 17 miles; Winchester, VA; FT enrollment: 3,010)
- American Public University System (about 34 miles; Charles Town, WV; FT enrollment: 43,829)
- Shepherd University (about 43 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; FT enrollment: 3,745)
- James Madison University (about 48 miles; Harrisonburg, VA; FT enrollment: 19,727)
- Allegany College of Maryland (about 50 miles; Cumberland, MD; FT enrollment: 2,407)
- Germanna Community College (about 53 miles; Locust Grove, VA; FT enrollment: 4,455)
Public high school in Strasburg:
- STRASBURG HIGH (Students: 643, Location: 250 RAM DRIVE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Strasburg:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- We would like our church info added to your site, if possible. Christ Church 359 N. Massanutten Street Strasburg, Virginia 22657 540-622-6054 www.christchurchva.net
Notable locations in Strasburg: Strasburg Police Department (A), Strasburg Fire Department, Company 51 (B), Strasburg Volunteer Rescue Squad, Company 25 (C), Stonewall Jackson Museum (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Strasburg: FIRST NATIONAL CORP /VA/ (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Strasburg include: Mount Zion Church (A), Esbie Baptist Church (B), Saint Pauls Lutheran Church (C), Strasburg Christian Church (D), Strasburg Methodist Church (E), Strasburg Presbyterian Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: River View Cemetery (1), Saint Paul Cemetery (2), Mount Zion Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Town Run (A), Cedar Spring Run (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Strasburg include: Strasburg Historic District (1), Hupp's Hill Historic Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Museum of American Presidents (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 130 North Massanutten Street).
Hotels: Budget Inn (28999 Old Valley Pike), Hotel Strasburg (213 South Holliday Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.98. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.97. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.9 miles away from the city center.
(8.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 4.5% for Black residents, 35.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 25.2% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Banks with branches in Strasburg (2011 data):
- United Bank: Strasburg Branch at 120 Ox Bow Drive, branch established on 2006/11/02. Info updated 2007/08/13: Bank assets: $3,634.1 mil, Deposits: $2,729.4 mil, headquarters in Fairfax, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 57 total offices, Holding Company: United Bankshares, Inc.
- First Bank: at 112 West King Street, branch established on 1907/07/01. Info updated 2010/01/06: Bank assets: $538.5 mil, Deposits: $469.3 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: First National Corporation
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Strasburg Branch at 115 West King Street, branch established on 1966/06/27. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Virginia Savings Bank, F.S.B.: 33230 Old Valley Pike Branch at 33230 Old Valley Pike, branch established on 2000/02/28. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $127.9 mil, Deposits: $115.6 mil, headquarters in Front Royal, VA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Strasburg town (based on Shenandoah County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Shenandoah County:||2.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shenandoah County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shenandoah County:||6.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Strasburg, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$20,369||$61,107||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||18||$72,094||$48,063||2||$939|
|Streets and Highways||10||$36,797||$44,156||1||$405|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$6,429||$38,574||2||$1,173|
|Totals for Government||61||$226,986||$44,653||5||$2,517|
Strasburg government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $815,000 ($124.26)
Sewerage: $731,000 ($111.45)
Police Protection: $701,000 ($106.88)
Financial Administration: $602,000 ($91.78)
Regular Highways: $293,000 ($44.67)
Parks & Recreation: $140,000 ($21.34)
Fire Protection: $71,000 ($10.82)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,264,000 ($192.71)
Strasburg government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $894,000 ($136.30)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $3,000 ($0.46)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $891,000 ($135.84)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $244,000 ($37.20)
General Support: $112,000 ($17.08)
- Tax - Property: $796,000 ($121.36)
Other Selective Sales: $139,000 ($21.19)
Public Utilities: $90,000 ($13.72)
Motor Vehicle License: $88,000 ($13.42)
NEC: $50,000 ($7.62)
5.79% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($45,409 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Frederick County, VA||0.84% ($37,580 average AGI)|
|from Warren County, VA||0.67% ($33,936)|
|from Rockingham County, VA||0.42% ($35,686)|
5.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,380 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Strasburg:
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WSVA (550 AM; 10 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WFTR (1450 AM; 1 kW; FRONT ROYAL, VA; Owner: ROYAL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTRI (1520 AM; daytime; 17 kW; BRUNSWICK, MD; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WAMM (1230 AM; 1 kW; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Strasburg:
- WFQX (99.3 FM; FRONT ROYAL, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWRT (104.9 FM; STRASBURG, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WTRM (91.3 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: TIMBER RIDGE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- W243AF (96.5 FM; FLINT HILL, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WMXH-FM (105.7 FM; LURAY, VA; Owner: EASY RADIO, INC.)
- WUSQ-FM (102.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZRV (95.3 FM; FRONT ROYAL, VA; Owner: ROYAL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAZR (93.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WDZN (100.1 FM; ROMNEY, WV; Owner: CHARTER EQUITIES, INC.)
- WQWV (103.7 FM; FISHER, WV; Owner: MCGUIRE BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WACL (98.5 FM; ELKTON, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WQPO (100.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WVSB (104.1 FM; ROMNEY, WV; Owner: WEST VA. SCHS. FOR DEAF AND BLIND)
- WLTF (97.5 FM; MARTINSBURG, WV; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WROG (102.9 FM; CUMBERLAND, MD; Owner: TSCHUDY RADIO, INC)
- WFWM (91.9 FM; FROSTBURG, MD; Owner: FROSTBURG STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WKGO (106.1 FM; CUMBERLAND, MD; Owner: WTBO-WKGO CORPORATION, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Strasburg:
- WVPY (Channel 42; FRONT ROYAL, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- WAZF-CA (Channel 28; FRONT ROYAL, VA; Owner: RUARCH ASSOCIATES LLC)
- WAZW-CA (Channel 48; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: RUARCH ASSOCIATES LLC)
- W15AD (Channel 15; WARDENSVILLE, ETC., WV; Owner: WV EDUC'L.. B/CING. AUTHORITY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Strasburg fatal accident list:
Feb 13, 1986 02:22 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 82m269ftTotal length
- $2,808,000Total costs
- 85,298Total average daily traffic
- 2,849Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Strasburg)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Nfsr Strasburg (Lat: 38.976778 Lon: -78.336111), Call Sign: WNUY304, Licensee ID: L00090305
Assigned Frequencies: 169.500 MHzGrant Date: 11/29/2005, Expiration Date: 12/18/2015, Cancellation Date: 02/20/2016Registrant: County Of Warren, Courthouse Sq, Front Royal, VA 22630, Phone: (804) 674-2492
- Signal Knob Mtn 3 Mi Se (Lat: 38.960667 Lon: -78.333056), Call Sign: KLF71
Assigned Frequencies: 467.125 MHzGrant Date: 04/26/2003, Expiration Date: 07/14/2013, Cancellation Date: 12/31/2012Registrant: Covington & Burling LLP, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20004, Phone: (202) 662-5345, Fax: (202) 778-5345, Email:
- Lat: 38.988722 Lon: -78.358611, Call Sign: WQFI407
Assigned Frequencies: 456.450 MHz, 457.375 MHzGrant Date: 07/21/2006, Expiration Date: 07/21/2016, Certifier: Bill HymanRegistrant: Radio Licensing Services, Milwaukie, OR 97269, Phone: (503) 659-1240, Fax: (503) 794-3759, Email:
- 422 S. Holliday Street (Lat: 38.981861 Lon: -78.360972), Type: Pole, Structure height: 3 m, Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: WQNM219
Assigned Frequencies: 452.312 MHzGrant Date: 03/21/2011, Expiration Date: 03/21/2021, Certifier: James R TewaltRegistrant: Mcdean/Cim Automation Systems, 1045 B. High Street, Harrisonburg, VA 24467, Phone: (540) 442-6270, Fax: (540) 442-1689, Email:
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:2
- Signal Knob 2.5 Mi Se (Lat: 38.960667 Lon: -78.333056), Call Sign: KPM382
Assigned Frequencies: 450.925 MHzGrant Date: 01/20/1993, Expiration Date: 10/01/2020, Cancellation Date: 01/29/2015Registrant: Covington & Burling LLP, One Citycenter, 850 Tenth Street, Nw, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 662-5345, Fax: (202) 778-5345, Email:
- Signal Knob (Lat: 38.960111 Lon: -78.330833), Structure height: 0 m, Call Sign: KPN775
Assigned Frequencies: 450.990 MHzGrant Date: 03/08/1995, Expiration Date: 10/01/2020, Cancellation Date: 01/29/2015, Certifier: Arthur E AlbrechtRegistrant: Covington & Burling LLP, One Citycenter, 850 Tenth Street, Nw, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 662-5345, Fax: (202) 778-5345, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:33 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Strasburg)
FAA Registered Aircraft:8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Strasburg)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Strasburg and their reported violations in the past:TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN SERVICE CAMP (Population served: 160, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:FREEZELAND MANOR SUBDIVISION (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:STRASBURG MOOSE LODGE (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-19-2013), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-19-2013), St Compliance achieved (SEP-17-2013)
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-23-2008), St Formal NOV issued (SEP-23-2008), St Compliance achieved (SEP-29-2008), St Public Notif received (OCT-06-2008)
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Strasburg that have no violations reported:
- VALLEY VIEW MOTEL (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 34
- Hazardous Condition: 16
Incident types - Strasburg
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Strasburg, Virginia:
- Budget Inn, 28999 Old Vly Pike, Strasburg, Virginia 22657 , Phone: (540) 465-5298
- Ramada, 21 Signal Knob Dr, Strasburg, Virginia 22657 , Phone: (540) 465-2444, Fax: (540) 465-4525
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg, 33760 Old Valley Pike, Strasburg, Virginia 22657 , Phone: (540) 465-1600, Fax: (540) 465-1603
|Most common first names in Strasburg, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Strasburg, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (63%)
- Utility gas (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (9%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Strasburg, VA|
Strasburg compared to Virginia state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strasburg on our top lists:
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of auto thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #100 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of assaults per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
Total of 24 patent applications in 2008-2016.