|Median resident age:||46.8 years|
|New Hampshire median age:||43.9 years|
Zip codes: 03590.
Stratford town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $103,868 (it was $57,800 in 2000)
- White alone - 710 (95.2%)
- Two or more races - 12 (1.6%)
- Hispanic - 10 (1.3%)
- Asian alone - 7 (0.9%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.5%)
- Black alone - 3 (0.4%)
|Looking to retire in NH (10 replies)|
|Worst places in N.H. (355 replies)|
|State of public schools in New Hampshire (30 replies)|
|Picture Thread for NH (1769 replies)|
|NH building codes? restrictions? permissions? (29 replies)|
|Public Trails (6 replies)|
Latest news from Stratford, NH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (27.1%), French (26.5%), United States (11.8%), Irish (11.7%), French Canadian (9.3%), German (5.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1773
Elevation: 904 feet
Land area: 79.9 square miles.
Population density: 9.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Stratford:
- High school or higher: 63.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 7.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Stratford town:
- Never married: 30.5%
- Now married: 47.5%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 10.9%
22 residents are foreign born (1.9% North America, 0.4% Asia).
According to our research of New Hampshire and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Stratford, New Hampshire as of March 06, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Stratford to the number of sex offenders is 125 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Stratford town:||2.0% ($1,171)|
|New Hampshire:||2.3% ($2,946)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (95.0 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (164.8 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (289.8 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Maidstone, VT (2.1 miles) , Groveton, NH (2.4 miles ), Brunswick, VT (2.4 miles) , Northumberland, NH (2.5 miles ), Granby, VT (3.0 miles) , Bloomfield, VT (3.0 miles ), Stark, NH (3.0 miles ), Ferdinand, VT (3.1 miles) .
Latitude: 44.68 N, Longitude: 71.56 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (20%)
- Construction (10%)
- Paper (10%)
- Plastics and rubber products (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Food and beverage stores (9%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (8%)
- Paper (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (17%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Woodworkers (5%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
Average climate in Stratford, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Stratford-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below New Hampshire state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 107.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 146.5 miles away from Stratford center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 81.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 32.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 35.8 miles away from Stratford center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 105.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Coos County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Snows: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Stratford:
- NORTHWOODS HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 11 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- COUNTRY VILLAGE CENTER, GENESIS HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- MCKERLEY HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE OF LANCASTER (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- WEEKS MEDICAL CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 14 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Stratford:
- Plymouth State University (about 65 miles; Plymouth, NH; Full-time enrollment: 4,838)
- Norwich University (about 66 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 70 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Dartmouth College (about 77 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 80 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Saint Michael's College (about 80 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 81 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
Public high school in Stratford:
- Stratford Public (High) School (Students: 57; Location: 19 School St.; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Stratford:
- Stratford Public (Elem) School (Students: 98; Location: 19 School St.; Grades: K-8)
Libraries in Stratford:
- STRATFORD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $9,000; Location: 74 MAIN STREET; 4,600 books; 12 audio materials; 25 video materials; 22 state licensed databases; 2 print serial subscriptions)
- LAURA JOHNSON MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $380; Location: 40 HOLLOW ROAD; 3,725 books; 12 audio materials; 6 video materials; 22 state licensed databases; 2 print serial subscriptions)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Plymouth State is now a university, as opposed to a college.
Notable locations in Stratford: Camp Number 6 (A), Camp Number 5 (B), Stratford Hollow Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Hoskins Pond (A), Sugarloaf Pond (B), Stratford Bog Pond (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Sugarloaf Brook (A), South Branch Lyman Brook (B), Bissell Brook (C), Slide Brook (D), Roaring Brook (E), Hymmel Branch (F), Pond Brook (G), Waterhole Brook (H), Long Mountain Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2006 was 46.2. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 6.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.2 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
|New Hampshire:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Stratford compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (84%)
- Wood (12%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Electricity (1%)
Religion statistics for Stratford town (based on Coos County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 65.61%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||United Church of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Episcopal Church|
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Coos County:||4.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||0.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||9.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
4.89% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,190 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.07%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grafton County, NH||0.73% ($26,768 average AGI)|
|from Merrimack County, NH||0.31% ($28,659)|
|from Hillsborough County, NH||0.30% ($41,718)|
5.60% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,437 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.45%|
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($427 average AGI)
Coos County: 0.10% New Hampshire average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Stratford:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Stratford:
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLOB-FM (96.3 FM; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WTBM (100.7 FM; MEXICO, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMOO (92.1 FM; DERBY CENTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
- WLTN-FM (96.7 FM; LISBON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Stratford:
- WLED-TV (Channel 49; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Total length: 29 meters (95ft)
Total costs: $27,500,000
Total average daily traffic: 7,670
Total average daily truck traffic: 711
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 11,352
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- Before 1900: 1
- 1900-1909: 0
- 1910-1919: 0
- 1920-1929: 1
- 1930-1939: 0
- 1940-1949: 1
- 1950-1959: 1
- 1960-1969: 0
- 1970-1979: 1
- 1980-1989: 1
- 1990-1999: 1
- 2000-2009: 4