Sugar City, Colorado
Sugar City: Water Tower
Sugar City: Sugar City Rooms
Sugar City: Elevator
Sugar City: Snack Shack
Sugar City: Sugar City Main Street
Sugar City: Prarie style home
Sugar City: Gas Station
Sugar City: Sugar City Business
Sugar City: Sugar City Park
Sugar City: Sugar City Post Office
Sugar City: Sugar City House
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||31.3 years|
|Colorado median age:||36.4 years|
Zip codes: 81076.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $14,830 (it was $12,564 in 2000)
Sugar City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $56,577 (it was $45,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $74,159; Detached houses: $78,104; Mobile homes: $65,272
Median gross rent in 2015: $670.
Races in Sugar City, CO (2010)
- 19876.7%White alone
- 103.9%Two or more races
- 72.7%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Asian alone
Latest news from Sugar City, CO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (26.6%), English (18.1%), Polish (8.5%), European (2.8%), Irish (2.8%), Scottish (2.8%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 4300 feet
Land area: 0.38 square miles.
Population density: 657 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Sugar City:
- High school or higher: 81.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.6%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sugar City town:
- Never married: 53.6%
- Now married: 25.1%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 14.5%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Colorado and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Sugar City, Colorado as of December 16, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Sugar City to the number of sex offenders is 126 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $435 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $272 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pueblo, CO (52.0 miles , pop. 102,121).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (75.0 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (539.2 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Ordway, CO (2.3 miles ), Crowley, CO (3.3 miles) , Cheraw, CO (3.5 miles ), Rocky Ford, CO (3.6 miles ), Manzanola, CO (3.7 miles ), Swink, CO (3.9 miles ), Olney Springs, CO (4.0 miles ), La Junta Gardens, CO (4.1 miles) .
Latitude: 38.23 N, Longitude: 103.66 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 719
Unemployment by year (%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Public administration (21%)
- Construction (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Accommodation and food services (23%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Information (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (31%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (16%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (4%)
- Personal care and service occupations (23%)
- Transportation occupations (23%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Community and social service occupations (3%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (3%)
Average climate in Sugar City, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Sugar City-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Colorado state average. It is 46% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1977, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 0.3 miles away from the Sugar City town center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 10/17/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.0 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Sugar City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Colorado state average. It is 45% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 109.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 105.0 miles away from Sugar City center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 91.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML) earthquake occurred 304.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/22/2004 at 12:09:56, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 115.3 miles away from Sugar City center
On 8/1/2004 at 06:50:47, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 122.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Crowley County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Fires: 2, Landslides: 2, Mudslides: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Sugar City:
- CROWLEY COUNTY NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; ORDWAY, CO)
- MEDBROOK HOME HEALTH INC (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; ROCKY FORD, CO)
- PIONEER HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; ROCKY FORD, CO)
- PIONEER HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ROCKY FORD, CO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sugar City:
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (about 50 miles; Pueblo, CO; Full-time enrollment: 5,993)
- Pueblo Community College (about 53 miles; Pueblo, CO; FT enrollment: 5,329)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 72 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
- Colorado College (about 76 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs (about 77 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 8,700)
- Colorado Technical University-Online (about 79 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 22,771)
- Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs (about 79 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,049)
Notable location: Sugar City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Lakeview Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
(24.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 6.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 7.4% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.7% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sugar City town (based on Crowley County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Crowley County:||1.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crowley County:||1.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Sugar City, CO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$1,636||$19,632||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$1,594||$19,128||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||0||$0||5||$4,173|
|Totals for Government||3||$5,342||$21,368||5||$4,173|
9.59% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($24,626 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
8.63% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,420 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sugar City:
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KBLJ (1400 AM; 1 kW; LA JUNTA, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
- KLMR (920 AM; 5 kW; LAMAR, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KWYD (1580 AM; 10 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KGHF (1350 AM; 5 kW; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KCUV (1510 AM; 25 kW; LITTLETON, CO; Owner: PEOPLE WIRELESS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sugar City:
- KYZX (103.9 FM; PUEBLO WEST, CO; Owner: COLORADO SPRINGS RADIO B/CASTRS, INC)
- KCCY (96.9 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKMG (98.9 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KJQY (95.5 FM; ROCKY FORD, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTHN (92.1 FM; LA JUNTA, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KRLJ (89.1 FM; LA JUNTA, CO; Owner: THE COLORADO COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Sugar City:
- K39ED (Channel 39; ROCKY FORD, CO; Owner: FULL GOSPEL OUTREACH, INC.)
Sugar City fatal accident list:
Drinking water stations with addresses in Sugar City that have no violations reported:
- CROWLEY COUNTY WS (Population served: 0, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|Most common first names in Sugar City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Sugar City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (91%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Wood (3%)
Sugar City compared to Colorado state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.