We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||43.7 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59829
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,004 (it was $17,567 in 2000)
Sula-Edwards CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $231,696 (it was $129,400 in 2000)
Races in Sula-Edwards, MT (2000)
- 1,31093.4%White alone
- 332.4%American Indian alone
- 90.6%Two or more races
- 50.4%Asian alone
- 30.2%Black alone
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 989.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.6 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sula-Edwards:
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sula-Edwards CCD:
- Never married: 29.0%
- Now married: 56.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 10.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sula-Edwards CCD:||0.5% ($643)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Missoula, MT (73.8 miles , pop. 57,053).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (400.9 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (840.4 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Sula, MT (2.8 miles) , Conner, MT (3.0 miles ), Darby, MT (4.0 miles ), Charlos Heights, MT (4.8 miles) , Hamilton, MT (5.6 miles ), Wisdom, MT (6.0 miles) , Corvallis, MT (6.0 miles ), Pinesdale, MT (6.1 miles ).
Latitude: 45.80 N, Longitude: 114.14 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Construction (15%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Health care (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (7%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (11%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
Average climate in Sula-Edwards, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Sula-Edwards-area historical earthquake activity is above Montana state average. It is 102% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 189.9 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 120.2 miles away from Sula-Edwards center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 403.8 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 91.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 102.5 miles away from Sula-Edwards center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi) earthquake occurred 80.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Ravalli County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 2, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sula-Edwards:
- The University of Montana (about 74 miles; Missoula, MT; Full-time enrollment: 13,602)
- Lewis-Clark State College (about 145 miles; Lewiston, ID; FT enrollment: 3,199)
- Montana State University (about 150 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- University of Idaho (about 153 miles; Moscow, ID; FT enrollment: 10,416)
- Washington State University (about 159 miles; Pullman, WA; FT enrollment: 25,055)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 180 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- North Idaho College (about 182 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
Notable locations in Sula-Edwards: Little Boulder Bay Boat Launch (A), Painted Rocks State Recreation Campground (B), Slate Creek Campground (C), Boulder Creek Campground (D), Sula Clubhouse (E), Low Saddle (F), Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort (G), Martin Creek Campground (H), Nez Perce Camp (I), Rombo Creek Campground (J), Spring Gulch Campground (K), Sula Ranger Station (L), Alta Recreation Site (M), Cooper Place (N), Porcupine Saddle Trailhead (O), Lost Trail Sprots Area (P), Saddle Mountain Fire Area Poin of Interest (Q), East Fork Forest Service Station (R), Crazy Creek Campground (S), Trapper Creek Rural Conservation Center (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Sula-Edwards include: Corner Wesleyan Church (A), Conner Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Sula Cemetery (1), Rombo Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Hidden Lake (A), Ripple Lake (B), Carmine Lake (C), Capri Lake (D), Hope Lake (E), Chaffin Lake (F), Burrell Lake (G), Alpine Lakes (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Praine Creek (A), Alpine Creek (B), Andrews Creek (C), Angle Creek (D), Applebury Creek (E), Baker Creek (F), Balsam Creek (G), Base Creek (H), Basin Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Sula-Edwards include: Painted Rocks State Recreation Area (1), Billie Springer Memorial Park (2), Medicine Tree Historical Marker (3), Ross Hole Historical Marker (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
6 people in nursing homes in 2000
Sula-Edwards compared to Montana state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (39%)
- Wood (36%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sula-Edwards CCD (based on Ravalli County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Ravalli County:||2.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ravalli County:||0.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ravalli County:||3.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
7.09% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,723 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Missoula County, MT||1.87% ($32,683 average AGI)|
|from Flathead County, MT||0.13% ($21,700)|
|from Gallatin County, MT||0.13% ($37,100)|
6.81% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,043 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sula-Edwards:
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KBOW (550 AM; 5 kW; BUTTE, MT; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING INCORPORATED)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KLCY (930 AM; 5 kW; EAST MISSOULA, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KQQQ (1150 AM; 25 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KLYQ (1240 AM; 1 kW; HAMILTON, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KGVO (1290 AM; 5 kW; MISSOULA, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KXTL (1370 AM; 5 kW; BUTTE, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sula-Edwards:
- KBAZ (96.3 FM; HAMILTON, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KUFN (91.9 FM; HAMILTON, MT; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA)