We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||29.1 years|
|Georgia median age:||36.5 years|
Zip codes: 30401.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $13,641 (it was $14,617 in 2000)
Swainsboro city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $73,878 (it was $48,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $644.
Races in Swainsboro, GA (2010)
- 4,09356.2%Black alone
- 2,68636.9%White alone
- 811.1%Asian alone
- 460.6%Two or more races
- 140.2%American Indian alone
- 90.1%Other race alone
Latest news from Swainsboro, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (7.5%), Irish (3.6%), English (3.3%), Italian (1.9%), African (1.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 332 feet
Land area: 12.4 square miles.
Population density: 603 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Swainsboro:
- High school or higher: 76.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Swainsboro city:
- Never married: 48.7%
- Now married: 27.7%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 12.9%
86 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 62 registered sex offenders living in Swainsboro, Georgia as of May 26, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Swainsboro to the number of sex offenders is 124 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,218 (1.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $973 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Augusta-Richmond County, GA (60.8 miles , pop. 195,182).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (144.5 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (649.7 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Nunez, GA (2.7 miles) , Twin City, GA (3.2 miles ), Summertown, GA (3.3 miles) , Norristown, GA (3.3 miles) , Stillmore, GA (3.5 miles ), Kite, GA (3.6 miles ), Garfield, GA (3.8 miles) , Gillis Springs, GA (3.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $70,000
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $111,700
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $68,500
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $124,800
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $197,500
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2008: 6 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2013: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.59 N, Longitude: 82.33 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,262 (+29.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,436 (58.4%)
Area code: 478
|Crime rates in Swainsboro by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 242.8)||902.0||361.3||549.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Swainsboro detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.80|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -408 (-5.6%).
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Construction (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (6%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Personal care and service occupations (14%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Swainsboro, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Swainsboro-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 8% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/13/1972, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.3 miles away from the Swainsboro city center injured 21 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/11/2008, a category F3 tornado 22.4 miles away from the city center injured 2 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Swainsboro-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 88.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 129.0 miles away from Swainsboro center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 132.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 231.1 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 140.4 miles away from Swainsboro center
On 7/13/2003 at 20:15:16, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 21.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Emanuel County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Storms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ben Troupe - 2005 NFL player (Tennessee Titans, born: Sep 1, 1982), Deke Cooper - 2005 NFL player (Jacksonville Jaguars, born: Oct 18, 1977), Ray Guy - Player of football, Larry Jon Wilson - Musician, Tony Mitchell (basketball) - Basketball player, Raymond Ehrlich - Judge, Rocky Trice - College basketball player (South Carolina Gamecocks).
Hospitals and medical centers in Swainsboro:
- EMANUEL MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 117 KITE ROAD)
- UNITED HOSPICE INC- SWAINSBORO (667 S MAIN STREET)
- EMANUEL CO NH (PO BOX 7)
- EMANUEL COUNTY NURSING HOME (117 KITE ROAD)
- SWAINSBORO NH (P O BOX 1758)
- UNIHEALTH POST-ACUTE CARE - SWAINSBORO (856 HIGHWAY 1 SOUTH)
- RAI DIALYSIS SERVICES SWAINSBORO (3 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
Airports and heliports located in Swainsboro:
- East Georgia Regional Airport (SBO) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 800, Itinerant Ops: 3,000, Local Ops: 2,000)
- Emanuel County Hospital Heliport (93GA)
College/University in Swainsboro:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Swainsboro:
- Georgia Southern University (about 35 miles; Statesboro, GA; Full-time enrollment: 18,824)
- Augusta Technical College (about 60 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 3,494)
- Georgia Military College-Distance Learning Campuses (about 62 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,438)
- Georgia College and State University (about 63 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,271)
- Georgia Regents University (about 64 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 6,862)
- Aiken Technical College (about 71 miles; Graniteville, SC; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 76 miles; Aiken, SC; FT enrollment: 2,815)
Public high school in Swainsboro:
- SWAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 811, Location: 689 S MAIN ST, Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Swainsboro:
Public elementary/middle schools in Swainsboro:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- East Georgia College now has approx 1500 students with about half of those students attending our Statesboro EGC satelite campus at Georgia Southern University.
Notable locations in Swainsboro: Emanuel County Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (A), Swainsboro Fire Department Station 2 (B), Swainsboro Fire Department (C), Emanuel County Courthouse (D), Emanuel County Jail (E), Swainsboro City Hall (F), Franklin Memorial Library (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Windsor Court Shopping Center (1), Mason Plaza Shopping Center (2), Magic Mall Industrial Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Swainsboro include: Bethel Church (A), Hillcrest Church (B), Holiness Church (C), Saint James Baptist Church (D), New Mount African Methodist Episcopal Church (E), First Methodist Church (F), First Presbyterian Church (G), First Baptist Church (H), Church of the Nazarene (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Swainsboro City Cemetery (1), First Baptist Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Lake Caroline (A), Gradys Lake (B), Hazel Lake (C), Holloways Pond (D), Lake India (E), Lake Luck (F), Youmans Lake (G), Watson Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hammock Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Swainsboro: Yam Grandy State Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Edenfield House Inn (426 West Church Street), Bradford Inn (688 South Main Street), Budget Inn (322 South Main Street), Days Inn (654 South Main Street).
Court: Georgia State Government - District Attorney's Office- Middle Judicial Cir (101 North Main Street).
(30.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 43.1% for Black residents, 73.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 78.5% for other race residents, 89.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Swainsboro in 2010:
- 217 people in correctional residential facilities
- 118 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 48 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 31 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Swainsboro in 2000:
- 61 people in nursing homes
- 57 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 12 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 5 people in other group homes
Banks with branches in Swainsboro (2011 data):
- Spivey State Bank: South Main Street Drive-In Branch at 571 South Main Street, branch established on 1988/04/04; at 211 North Main Street, branch established on 1953/08/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $92.1 mil, Deposits: $83.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Persons Banking Co., Inc.
- Durden Banking Company, Incorporated: Swainsboro Branch at 318 South Main Street, branch established on 1991/11/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $154.9 mil, Deposits: $134.6 mil, headquarters in Twin City, GA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Durden Bankshares, Inc.
- The Citizens Bank of Swainsboro: The Citizens Bank Of Swainsboro at 121 North Main Street, branch established on 1900/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $145.5 mil, Deposits: $131.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Swainsboro Bankshares, Inc.
- Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company: Swainsboro Division Branch at 692 South Main Street, branch established on 1999/01/04. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $875.3 mil, Deposits: $744.4 mil, headquarters in Louisville, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 22 total offices, Holding Company: Queensborough Company, The
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Swainsboro Main Branch at 205 South Main Street, branch established on 1920/11/09. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Swainsboro city (based on Emanuel County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Emanuel County:||2.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Emanuel County:||1.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Emanuel County:||8.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Swainsboro, GA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||10||$22,124||$26,549||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||20||$70,087||$42,052||0||$0|
|Police - Other||3||$5,372||$21,488||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||0||$0||1||$886|
|Solid Waste Management||0||$0||2||$2,011|
|Parks and Recreation||9||$23,764||$31,685||3||$1,302|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$5,354||$21,416||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||63||$188,289||$35,865||6||$4,199|
Swainsboro government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $316,000 ($42.29)
Sewerage: $211,000 ($28.24)
- Current Operations - Solid Waste Management: $1,477,000 ($197.67)
Police Protection: $1,019,000 ($136.38)
Water Utilities: $943,000 ($126.20)
Sewerage: $629,000 ($84.18)
Fire Protection: $591,000 ($79.10)
Parks & Recreation: $545,000 ($72.94)
Central Staff Services: $351,000 ($46.98)
Regular Highways: $184,000 ($24.63)
General - Other: $173,000 ($23.15)
Libraries: $87,000 ($11.64)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $54,000 ($7.23)
Welfare - Other: $35,000 ($4.68)
Housing & Community Development: $9,000 ($1.20)
Health Services - Other: $3,000 ($0.40)
- General - Interest on Debt: $79,000 ($10.57)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $217,000 ($29.04)
Sewerage: $145,000 ($19.41)
Police Protection: $120,000 ($16.06)
Regular Highways: $46,000 ($6.16)
Fire Protection: $44,000 ($5.89)
Parks & Recreation: $20,000 ($2.68)
Central Staff: $11,000 ($1.47)
General - Other: $10,000 ($1.34)
Solid Waste Management: $5,000 ($0.67)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,609,000 ($215.34)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $157,000 ($21.01)
Swainsboro government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $577,000 ($77.22)
Sewerage: $535,000 ($71.60)
Parks & Recreation: $67,000 ($8.97)
All Other: $18,000 ($2.41)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $152,000 ($20.34)
General Support: $19,000 ($2.54)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $649,000 ($86.86)
All Other: $341,000 ($45.64)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $311,000 ($41.62)
Interest Earnings: $183,000 ($24.49)
Rents: $20,000 ($2.68)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $802,000 ($107.33)
- State Intergovernmental - Public Welfare: $59,000 ($7.90)
All Other: $3,000 ($0.40)
- Tax - Property: $1,362,000 ($182.28)
Public Utilities: $379,000 ($50.72)
Other Selective Sales: $252,000 ($33.73)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $163,000 ($21.81)
NEC: $126,000 ($16.86)
Swainsboro government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $2,610,000 ($349.30)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,397,000 ($186.96)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $495,000 ($66.25)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,271,000 ($170.10)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $3,087,000 ($413.14)
Other, NEC: $31,000 ($4.15)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $95,000 ($12.71)
Water Utilities: $18,000 ($2.41)
Swainsboro government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,691,000 ($360.14)
5.74% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,444 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bulloch County, GA||0.49% ($15,944 average AGI)|
|from Candler County, GA||0.32% ($18,609)|
|from Toombs County, GA||0.30% ($23,364)|
6.04% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,086 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Swainsboro:
- WJAT (800 AM; 1 kW; SWAINSBORO, GA; Owner: LACOM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXRS (1590 AM; 3 kW; SWAINSBORO, GA; Owner: LACOM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WVOP (970 AM; 5 kW; VIDALIA, GA; Owner: VIDALIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WMLT (1330 AM; 5 kW; DUBLIN, GA; Owner: STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Swainsboro:
- WXRS-FM (100.5 FM; SWAINSBORO, GA; Owner: LACOM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQZY (95.9 FM; DUBLIN, GA; Owner: STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WELT (98.1 FM; SWAINSBORO, GA; Owner: LACOM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMCD (100.1 FM; STATESBORO, GA; Owner: RADIO STATESBORO, INC.)
- WAKB (96.9 FM; WRENS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WPMX (102.9 FM; STATESBORO, GA; Owner: MULTI-SERVICE CORP.)
- WGPH (91.5 FM; VIDALIA, GA; Owner: AUGUSTA RADIO FELLOWSHIP INSTITUTE,)
- WYUM (101.7 FM; MOUNT VERNON, GA; Owner: VIDALIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WBMZ (104.9 FM; METTER, GA; Owner: WM. JIMMY PAGE, TR/AS RADIO METTER)
- WTCQ (97.7 FM; VIDALIA, GA; Owner: VIDALIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WDBN (107.5 FM; WRIGHTSVILLE, GA; Owner: D/B/A DOWDY PARTNERS)
TV broadcast stations around Swainsboro:
- WCES-TV (Channel 20; WRENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WGSA (Channel 34; BAXLEY, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN TV CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 40m131ftTotal length
- $8,594,000Total costs
- 25,960Total average daily traffic
- 2,198Total average daily truck traffic
- 38,940Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 121 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Swainsboro, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Swainsboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Swainsboro)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Swainsboro, Georgia:
- Days Inn & Suites Swainsboro, 108 Alice Cir, Swainsboro, Georgia 30401 , Phone: (478) 237-9333
- Best Western Bradford Inn, 688 S Main St, Swainsboro, Georgia 30401 , Phone: (478) 237-2400, Fax: (478) 237-6022
- NEW SWAINSBORO INN, 612 S Main St, Swainsboro, Georgia 30401 , Phone: (478) 237-3577, Fax: (478) 237-3162
|Most common first names in Swainsboro, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Swainsboro, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (78%)
- Utility gas (18%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
|Businesses in Swainsboro, GA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||La-Z-Boy||1|
|Best Western||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Days Inn||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Swainsboro compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Swainsboro on our top lists:
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest household incomes disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Material moving occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the least cars per house, population 5,000+"
- #98 on the list of "Top 100 least-safe cities (highest city-data.com crime index)"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2018.