|Median resident age:||41.5 years|
|Idaho median age:||33.2 years|
Zip code: 83657
Sweet CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $209,954 (it was $145,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 978 (93.9%)
- Hispanic - 41 (3.9%)
- Two or more races - 12 (1.2%)
- American Indian alone - 8 (0.8%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.10%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 2560 feet
Land area: 453.6 square miles.
Population density: 2.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sweet:
- High school or higher: 83.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 8.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sweet CCD:
- Never married: 19.5%
- Now married: 65.6%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 11.0%
According to our research of Idaho and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Sweet, Idaho as of May 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Sweet to the number of sex offenders is 564 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sweet CCD:||0.6% ($803)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Boise, ID (37.2 miles , pop. 185,787).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (321.7 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (704.7 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Banks, ID (3.2 miles) , Smiths Ferry, ID (3.9 miles) , Crouch, ID (4.1 miles) , Horseshoe Bend, ID (4.1 miles ), Emmett Bench, ID (4.6 miles ), Emmett, ID (4.6 miles ), Emmett Valley, ID (4.7 miles ), Placerville, ID (4.8 miles) .
Latitude: 44.15 N, Longitude: 116.31 W
Area code: 208
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (26%)
- Construction (21%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Food (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (6%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Construction (5%)
- Miscellaneous nondurable goods merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (12%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (8%)
- Air transportation workers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
Average climate in Sweet, Idaho
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Sweet-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Idaho state average. It is 331% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 124.5 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 280.9 miles away from Sweet center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 259.6 miles away from the city center
On 12/16/1954 at 11:07:12, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 353.3 miles away from the city center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 400.8 miles away from Sweet center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 114.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Gem County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sweet:
- Treasure Valley Community College (about 35 miles; Ontario, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,055)
- Boise State University (about 38 miles; Boise, ID; FT enrollment: 16,774)
- College of Western Idaho (about 39 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 6,300)
- Northwest Nazarene University (about 43 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 2,290)
- Eastern Oregon University (about 120 miles; La Grande, OR; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- College of Southern Idaho (about 143 miles; Twin Falls, ID; FT enrollment: 5,051)
- Lewis-Clark State College (about 161 miles; Lewiston, ID; FT enrollment: 3,199)
Public elementary/middle school in Sweet:
- Sweet-Montour Elem-Jr High School (Students: 68; Location: 660 SWEET-OLA HIGHWAY; Grades: K-8)
Notable locations in Sweet: Indian Jakes (A), Van Duesan Ranch (B), Antelope Campground (C), Sage Hen Dam Recreation Site (D), Third Fork Guard Station (E), Third Fork Project Camp (F), Hollywood Point Campground (G), Eastside Campground (H), Sage Hen Campground (I), Butte Ranch (J), Gem County Fire District 2 Sweet Station (K), Gem County Fire District 2 Ola Station (L). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Sweet Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Beech Lake (A), Gabes Bathtub (B), Sage Hen Reservoir (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Anderson Creek (A), Bristol Creek (B), Brush Creek (C), Church Creek (D), Coon Creek (E), Corral Creek (F), Fourmile Creek (G), Jackson Creek (H), Jakes Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 43.3. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 9.61. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.9 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Sweet and their reported violations in the past:TRIANGLE RESTAURANT (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JAN-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-18-2005), St Public Notif received (NOV-16-2005), St Compliance achieved (AUG-21-2006)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2005 and SEP-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-18-2005), St Public Notif received (NOV-16-2005), St Compliance achieved (AUG-21-2006)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Sweet compared to Idaho state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (43%)
- Wood (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (16%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (10%)
- Other fuel (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sweet CCD (based on Gem County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 35.20%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel|
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Church of the Nazarene||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Gem County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gem County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||0.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gem County:||2.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
7.72% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,499 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ada County, ID||2.11% ($27,706 average AGI)|
|from Canyon County, ID||1.35% ($27,750)|
|from Payette County, ID||0.41% ($23,261)|
7.50% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,995 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sweet:
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBSU (730 AM; 15 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KBGN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: NELSON M. AND KAREN E. WILSON)
- KGEM (1140 AM; 10 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KIDO (580 AM; 5 kW; NAMPA, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KFXD (630 AM; 5 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSRV (1380 AM; 5 kW; ONTARIO, OR; Owner: HBG-RADIO ONTARIO LLC)
- KKIC (950 AM; 4 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: WESTERN PACIFIC, INC)
- KTIK (1350 AM; 5 kW; NAMPA, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KIOV (1450 AM; 1 kW; PAYETTE, ID; Owner: ASSOCIATES COMMUNICATIONS OF IDAHO,)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sweet:
- KWEI-FM (99.5 FM; FRUITLAND, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KJHY (101.9 FM; EMMETT, ID; Owner: CAPITAL WEST INC)
- KIZN (92.3 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKGL (96.9 FM; NAMPA, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KQFC (97.9 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KZMG (93.1 FM; NEW PLYMOUTH, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBSU-FM (90.3 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KBSX (91.5 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KCIX (105.9 FM; GARDEN CITY, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRVB (94.9 FM; NAMPA, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KXLT-FM (107.9 FM; EAGLE, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KJOT (105.1 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KTHI (107.1 FM; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KBXL (94.1 FM; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: KSPD, INC.)
- KTSY (89.5 FM; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: GEM STATE ADVENTIST ACADEMY)
- KSAS-FM (103.3 FM; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLTB (104.3 FM; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDZY (98.3 FM; MCCALL, ID; Owner: KSPD, INC.)
- KQXR (100.3 FM; PAYETTE, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KSRV-FM (96.1 FM; ONTARIO, OR; Owner: HBG-RADIO ONTARIO LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Sweet:
- KTRV (Channel 12; NAMPA, ID; Owner: IDAHO INDEPENDENT TELEVISION, INC.)
- K30GS (Channel 30; BOISE, ID; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- SQUAW BUTTE, 5.2 Mi W Of (Lat: 44.018778 Lon: -116.405139), Type: Tower, Structure height: 17.7 m, Call Sign: KGG29
Assigned Frequencies: 5974.90 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6093.50 MHz
Grant Date: 08/03/2010, Expiration Date: 08/01/2020, Certifier: Jerry Piper
Registrant: Great Basin Electronics, Inc, 1886 Ridge Point Drive, West Point, UT 84015, Phone: (801) 702-7287, Fax: (801) 528-6573, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KD5ECV, Licensee ID: L00266549
Grant Date: 02/04/1999, Expiration Date: 05/04/2008, Cancellation Date: 07/06/2000
Registrant: Lee M Campbell, Sweet, ID 83670
- Call Sign: KE7CJE, Licensee ID: L00947499
Grant Date: 12/02/2004, Expiration Date: 12/02/2014, Certifier: Blake F Probst
Registrant: Blake F Probst, 9505 Ola Rd, Sweet, ID 83670
- Call Sign: KG7ALT, Licensee ID: L01755909
Grant Date: 12/28/2012, Expiration Date: 12/28/2022, Certifier: Melvin J Bromgard
Registrant: Melvin J Bromgard, 8150 Sweet Ola Hwy, Sweet, ID 83670
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 6
- Good Intent Call: 3
Sweet on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in residential treatment centers for emotionally disturbed children"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Secretaries and administrative assistants"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Professional and related occupations:"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Grocery and related product merchant wholesalers"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Other health and personal care stores"
- #41 (83657) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scotch-Irish first ancestries"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.