Tallapoosa: Medal of Honor Park Tallapoosa Georgia II
Tallapoosa: Tallapoosa Square South side of Tracks
Tallapoosa: North side of tracks on town square
Tallapoosa: Passing train heading east at Georgia Highway 100 crossing
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||41.3 years|
|Georgia median age:||35.9 years|
Zip codes: 30176.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,482 (it was $15,302 in 2000)
Tallapoosa city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $80,112 (it was $70,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $470.
Races in Tallapoosa, GA (2010)
- 2,91291.9%White alone
- 1524.8%Black alone
- 541.7%Two or more races
- 260.8%Asian alone
- 50.2%Other race alone
- 30.09%American Indian alone
|Why are Cobb/Gwinnett still averse to MARTA rail? (267 replies)|
|Augusta Area transportation projects (121 replies)|
|Mercedes-Benz eyes Atlanta for U.S. headquarters (82 replies)|
|‘Possum Drop' rings in new year in Tallapoosa (0 replies)|
|MARTA to South Cobb Improvement District? (31 replies)|
|Visions and compound Nightclubs to reopen in Atlanta. (231 replies)|
Latest news from Tallapoosa, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (28.9%), Irish (11.7%), English (9.9%), German (5.2%), Scotch-Irish (1.1%), Dutch (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1134 feet
Land area: 7.43 square miles.
Population density: 424 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Tallapoosa:
- High school or higher: 75.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tallapoosa city:
- Never married: 24.2%
- Now married: 50.1%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 12.6%
84 residents are foreign born (0.9% Europe).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 29 registered sex offenders living in Tallapoosa, Georgia as of July 31, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Tallapoosa to the number of sex offenders is 108 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,358 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $805 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Marietta, GA (45.3 miles , pop. 58,748).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (50.9 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (575.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Waco, GA (2.5 miles ), Buchanan, GA (2.7 miles ), Bremen, GA (2.9 miles ), Fruithurst, AL (2.9 miles ), Mount Zion, GA (3.2 miles ), Edwardsville, AL (3.6 miles) , Bowdon, GA (3.8 miles ), Temple, GA (3.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 14 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $113,100
- 2004: 13 buildings, average cost: $117,800
- 2005: 36 buildings, average cost: $66,800
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $116,400
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $282,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.74 N, Longitude: 85.29 W
Area codes: 678, 770
|Crime rates in Tallapoosa by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 297.8)||190.0||409.5||513.8||534.1||303.9||236.2||254.1||250.4||271.4||330.8||332.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Tallapoosa detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.55|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +79 (+2.9%).
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Construction (19%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Management occupations (14%)
- Production occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
Average climate in Tallapoosa, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tallapoosa-area historical tornado activity is above Georgia state average. It is 98% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/27/1994, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.6 miles away from the Tallapoosa city center killed 22 people and injured 150 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/27/1973, a category F4 tornado 30.4 miles away from the city center killed 7 people and injured 199 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Tallapoosa-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 55.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 115.8 miles away from Tallapoosa center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 161.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 160.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 215.1 miles away from Tallapoosa center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 146.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Haralson County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Snowfall: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Josh Rhett Noble - Musical theatre actor.
Hospitals and medical centers near Tallapoosa:
- COUNTRYSIDE HEALTH CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BUCHANAN, GA)
- SOUTHERN TRADITIONS (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; BUCHANAN, GA)
- HIGGINS GENERAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; BREMEN, GA)
- HARALSON CO NH (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; BREMEN, GA)
- HARALSON NSG AND REHAB CENTER (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; BREMEN, GA)
- CARROLL CONVALESCENT CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; CARROLLTON, GA)
- CARROLLTON NURSING AND REHAB CTR (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; CARROLLTON, GA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tallapoosa:
- West Georgia Technical College (about 7 miles; Waco, GA; Full-time enrollment: 4,768)
- University of West Georgia (about 16 miles; Carrollton, GA; FT enrollment: 10,358)
- Jacksonville State University (about 29 miles; Jacksonville, AL; FT enrollment: 7,566)
- Georgia Highlands College (about 30 miles; Rome, GA; FT enrollment: 4,071)
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College (about 34 miles; Rome, GA; FT enrollment: 4,629)
- Berry College (about 39 miles; Mount Berry, GA; FT enrollment: 2,102)
- Gadsden State Community College (about 44 miles; Gadsden, AL; FT enrollment: 4,650)
Public high school in Tallapoosa:
- Haralson County High School (Students: 1070; Location: 1655 Georgia Highway 120; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Tallapoosa:
Notable location: Tallapoosa Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Tallapoosa include: First Baptist Church of Tallapoosa (A), First Christian Church (B), First United Methodist Church (C), Mount Newey Baptist Church (D), Tallapoosa Presbyterian Church (E), Whites Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (F), Emmanuel Church (G), Westview Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Hollywood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: American Legion Lake (A), Hicks Lake (B), Macks Lakes (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Tallapoosa Museum (Art Museums; 185 Mann St) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Hotels: Golden River Motel (1951 U S Highway 78) (1), Comfort Inn Tallapoosa (788 Highway 100 & I-20) (2). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 69.5. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.219. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 18.9 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 2.74. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 18.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 34.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.80. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.9 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 0.00198. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 16.1 miles away from the city center.
(24.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 54.6% for Black residents, 20.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 30.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
14 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Tallapoosa compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Tallapoosa (2011 data):
- Peoples Community National Bank: Bran at 2066 Highway 78, branch established on 2007/12/04. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $55.9 mil, Deposits: $50.7 mil, headquarters in Bremen, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Pcnb Bancshares, Inc.
- Community & Southern Bank: Tallapoosa Branch at 3408 Georgia Hwy 565, branch established on 1935/10/07. Info updated 2010/09/20: Bank assets: $2,188.5 mil, Deposits: $1,690.2 mil, headquarters in Carrollton, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 39 total offices, Holding Company: Community & Southern Holdings, Inc.
- Synovus Bank: Tallapoosa Branch at 2320 U.S. Highway 78, branch established on 1978/07/01. Info updated 2011/01/25: Bank assets: $26,863.3 mil, Deposits: $22,415.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 296 total offices, Holding Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Tallapoosa, Georgia:
- Super 8 Tallaoppsa, 788 Hwy 100, Tallapoosa, GA 30176 , Phone: (770) 574-5575, Fax: (770) 574-2221
- Golden River Motel Tallapoosa, 1951 US 78, Tallapoosa, GA 30176 , Phone: (770) 574-2351
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Utility gas (35%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- No fuel used (3%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tallapoosa city (based on Haralson County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Haralson County:||2.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Haralson County:||1.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Haralson County:||7.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$19,014||$76,056||13||$5,300|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||4||$6,928|
|Police Protection - Officers||18||$62,748||$41,832||2||$800|
|Police - Other||1||$1,893||$22,716||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$5,718||$34,308||4||$4,583|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$18,621||$31,922||20||$14,546|
|Totals for Government||47||$180,714||$46,140||51||$41,139|
Tallapoosa government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $1,995,000 ($634.34)
Police Protection: $733,000 ($233.07)
General - Other: $573,000 ($182.19)
Water Utilities: $456,000 ($144.99)
Sewerage: $304,000 ($96.66)
Central Staff Services: $234,000 ($74.40)
Solid Waste Management: $221,000 ($70.27)
Parks & Recreation: $217,000 ($69.00)
Regular Highways: $213,000 ($67.73)
Fire Protection: $164,000 ($52.15)
Libraries: $70,000 ($22.26)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $154,000 ($48.97)
Housing & Community Development: $89,000 ($28.30)
Parks & Recreation: $79,000 ($25.12)
General - Other: $57,000 ($18.12)
Police Protection: $39,000 ($12.40)
Regular Highways: $31,000 ($9.86)
Water Utilities: $23,000 ($7.31)
Sewerage: $15,000 ($4.77)
Central Staff: $11,000 ($3.50)
Gas Utilities: $2,000 ($0.64)
Libraries: $1,000 ($0.32)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,353,000 ($430.21)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $77,000 ($24.48)
Tallapoosa government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $490,000 ($155.80)
Solid Waste Management: $248,000 ($78.86)
Sewerage: $239,000 ($75.99)
Parks & Recreation: $38,000 ($12.08)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $90,000 ($28.62)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $420,000 ($133.55)
All Other: $246,000 ($78.22)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $146,000 ($46.42)
General Revenue, NEC: $121,000 ($38.47)
Rents: $3,000 ($0.95)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $2,091,000 ($664.86)
Water Utilities: $358,000 ($113.83)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $146,000 ($46.42)
All Other: $97,000 ($30.84)
Highways: $6,000 ($1.91)
- Tax - Property: $480,000 ($152.62)
Public Utilities: $262,000 ($83.31)
Other Selective Sales: $141,000 ($44.83)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $93,000 ($29.57)
NEC: $49,000 ($15.58)
Tallapoosa government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,485,000 ($472.18)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $582,000 ($185.06)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,406,000 ($447.06)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $661,000 ($210.17)
Tallapoosa government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,372,000 ($754.21)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $220,000 ($69.95)
7.29% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,922 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Carroll County, GA||2.86% ($26,764 average AGI)|
|from Polk County, GA||0.47% ($40,929)|
|from Cleburne County, AL||0.37% ($22,424)|
8.03% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,358 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tallapoosa:
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGMI (1440 AM; 3 kW; BREMEN, GA; Owner: GARNER MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAOS (1600 AM; 20 kW; AUSTELL, GA; Owner: LA FAVORITA, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tallapoosa:
- WCKS (102.7 FM; FRUITHURST, AL; Owner: WCKS, INC.)
- WMAX-FM (105.3 FM; BOWDON, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTBJ (91.3 FM; OXFORD, AL; Owner: TRINITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY)
- WJCK (88.3 FM; PIEDMONT, AL; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WLJS-FM (91.9 FM; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES/JACKSONVILLE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WALR-FM (104.1 FM; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBTR-FM (92.1 FM; CARROLLTON, GA; Owner: WYAI, INC.)
- WVOK-FM (97.9 FM; OXFORD, AL; Owner: WOODARD BROADCASTING CO. INC.)
- WUWG (90.7 FM; CARROLLTON, GA; Owner: WEST GEORGIA COLLEGE)
- WRHY (105.9 FM; CENTRE, AL; Owner: WILLIAMS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W215BA (90.9 FM; ROME, GA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- WKCX (97.7 FM; ROME, GA; Owner: BRIAR CREEK BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WQTU (102.3 FM; ROME, GA; Owner: MCDOUGALD BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W212AR (90.3 FM; LINDALE, GA; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- W269AX (101.7 FM; ANNISTON, AL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Tallapoosa:
- W04DB (Channel 4; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: VVILPTV, INC.)
- WUVG (Channel 34; ATHENS, GA; Owner: UNIVISION ATLANTA LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 14m46ftTotal length
- $280,000Total costs
- 44,740Total average daily traffic
- 796Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Tallapoosa)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:74 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Tallapoosa, GA)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- TALLAPOOSA, 1634 Old Hwy 100 (Lat: 33.669194 Lon: -85.285028), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 95.1 m, Call Sign: WMN427
Assigned Frequencies: 6093.45 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 6605.00 MHz
Grant Date: 01/25/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 01/25/2013, Certifier: J. Vann Vogel
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- POPLAR SPRINGS, 5981 Ga Hwy 100 (Lat: 33.809722 Lon: -85.291944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 79.2 m, Call Sign: WPTT606
Assigned Frequencies: 6110.75 MHz
Grant Date: 11/08/2011, Expiration Date: 12/12/2021, Certifier: Richard A Craig
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- WKNG STUDIO, Hwy 78 And Golf Course Rd (Lat: 33.735000 Lon: -85.252222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91 m, Call Sign: WQDA590
Assigned Frequencies: 944.875 MHz, 945.125 MHz
Grant Date: 07/07/2005, Expiration Date: 04/01/2012, Cancellation Date: 10/31/2006, Certifier: Steven L Gradick
Registrant: Hall, Estill, Hardwick, Gable, Golden & Nelson, P.C., 1120 20th Street, Nw, Suite 700 North, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 973-1210, Fax: (202) 973-1212, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Tallapoosa)
FAA Registered Aircraft:5
- Aircraft: PIPER J3F-60 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 67 mph), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1099G , Serial Number: 4582, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 06/15/1946
Registrant (Individual): Robert A Smith, 1825 Steadman Rd, Tallapoosa, GA 30176
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 09/17/1980, Exported to: Australia
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182E (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 119 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3090Y , Serial Number: 18254090, Year manufactured: 1962
Registrant (Individual): Thomas A Ellis, 2982 Old Highway 100 S, Tallapoosa, GA 30176
- Aircraft: CESSNA T210M (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 141 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR TSIO-520 SER (300 HP) (Turbo-prop)
N-Number: 732UR , Serial Number: 21061789, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 03/03/1977
Registrant (Corporation): Elco Properties LLC, Po Box 656, Tallapoosa, GA 30176
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172K (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 78490 , Serial Number: 17257637, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 03/10/1969
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, 650 Gorge Green Rd, Tallapoosa, GA 30176
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-32-300 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 126 mph), Engine: LYCOMING IO-540 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9348C , Serial Number: 32-7840095, Year manufactured: 1978
Registrant (Corporation): Smiths Market Inc, Po Box 642, Tallapoosa, GA 30176
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 45
- Hazardous Condition: 16
Incident types - Tallapoosa
|Most common first names in Tallapoosa, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Tallapoosa, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Tallapoosa, GA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||KFC||1|
|H&R Block||1||Waffle House||1|
Tallapoosa on our top lists:
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Apparel, piece goods, and notions merchant wholesalers"
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Community and social services occupations:"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Furniture and home furnishing merchant wholesalers"