Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Tellico Plains: Tellico River along the side of the Cherohala Skyway
Tellico Plains: Crossing over the skyway viewing the mountains
Tellico Plains: Tellico River, Tellico Plains, Tn
Tellico Plains: Tellico Plains landscape
Tellico Plains: Town of Tellico Plains
Tellico Plains: Just outside of town.
Tellico Plains: The Lodge At Tellico, Tellico's only hotel
Tellico Plains: Tellico Plains, Tn
Tellico Plains: Taken at overlook -Tellico Plains
Tellico Plains: Along the way in Tellico Plains, we stop beside a roadside creek.
Tellico Plains: Overlook at skyway-Tellico Plains
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.6 years|
|Tennessee median age:||38.6 years|
Zip codes: 37385.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $15,190 (it was $13,234 in 2000)
Tellico Plains town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $106,502 (it was $47,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $124,350; Detached houses: $152,602; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $226,004; Mobile homes: $40,062
Median gross rent in 2016: $406.
Races in Tellico Plains, TN (2010)
- 84896.4%White alone
- 131.5%Two or more races
- 70.8%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
- 10.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Tellico Plains and Cherokee Natl Forest (2 replies)|
|Questions - Tornadoes, Health Care, ISPs, Townsend to Tellico Plains (12 replies)|
|The smokies (7 replies)|
|Eastern TN location advice (11 replies)|
|small east tennessee towns (5 replies)|
|Historical town close to Knoxville - retiring (21 replies)|
Latest news from Tellico Plains, TN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (52.4%), Irish (6.0%), English (4.7%), Scotch-Irish (2.7%), German (1.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1911
Elevation: 880 feet
Land area: 1.56 square miles.
Population density: 584 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Tellico Plains:
- High school or higher: 70.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tellico Plains town:
- Never married: 24.9%
- Now married: 43.0%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 10.7%
- Divorced: 18.3%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 23 registered sex offenders living in Tellico Plains, Tennessee as of July 21, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Tellico Plains to the number of sex offenders is 39 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $929 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $407 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Knoxville, TN (46.5 miles , pop. 173,890).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (111.3 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (483.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Madisonville, TN (3.4 miles ), Englewood, TN (3.4 miles ), Etowah, TN (3.6 miles ), Turtletown, TN (4.1 miles ), Vonore, TN (4.1 miles ), Niota, TN (4.2 miles ), Athens, TN (4.2 miles ), Sweetwater, TN (4.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2013: 12 buildings, average cost: $96,900
- 2014: 13 buildings, average cost: $94,700
Latitude: 35.37 N, Longitude: 84.30 W
Area code: 423
|Crime rates in Tellico Plains by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||311.2||335.2||555.3||514.1||474.5||299.5||446.5||401.6||161.4||281.5||256.2||52.6||216.3||240.0||166.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Tellico Plains detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||6.28|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (8%)
- Production occupations (24%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Health technologists and technicians (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
Average climate in Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tellico Plains-area historical tornado activity is below Tennessee state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.8 miles away from the Tellico Plains town center killed 4 people and injured 26 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/2/1953, a category F4 tornado 26.3 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Tellico Plains-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 35.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 96.6 miles away from Tellico Plains center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 197.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 146.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 291.3 miles away from Tellico Plains center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 216.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Monroe County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Tornadoes: 5, Storms: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rains: 2, Winds: 2, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bill Ervin - Former NASCAR driver.
airports located in Tellico Plains:
- Tellico Plains Municipal Airport (85TN) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tellico Plains:
- Cleveland State Community College (about 35 miles; Cleveland, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,500)
- Lee University (about 36 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 4,422)
- Roane State Community College (about 40 miles; Harriman, TN; FT enrollment: 4,302)
- Pellissippi State Community College (about 41 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,271)
- The University of Tennessee-Knoxville (about 46 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 25,483)
- Southern Adventist University (about 48 miles; Collegedale, TN; FT enrollment: 2,898)
- Chattanooga State Community College (about 57 miles; Chattanooga, TN; FT enrollment: 6,827)
Public high school in Tellico Plains:
- TELLICO PLAINS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 586, Location: 9180 HWY 68, Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Tellico Plains:
Public elementary/middle schools in Tellico Plains:
- TELLICO PLAINS ELEMENTARY (Students: 400, Location: 121 OLD HIGH SCHOOL RD, Grades: PK-4)
- TELLICO PLAINS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 371, Location: 120 OLD HIGH SCHOOL RD, Grades: 5-8)
- RURAL VALE ELEMENTARY (Students: 256, Location: 395 DAUGHERTY SPRINGS RD, Grades: KG-8)
- COKER CREEK ELEMENTARY (Students: 103, Location: 130 RURITAN RD, Grades: KG-8)
Notable location: Tellico City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Tellico Plains: First Baptist Church of Tellico Plains (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Tellico Plains Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hunt Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Hall Charles Museum (229 Cherohala Skwy).
Hotels: Arrowhead Land CO (5854 Highway 360), Caney Creek Village (5854 Highway 360), Green Cove Motel & Trailer Camp (2870 River Road).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 60.0. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 3.34. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.71. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.7 miles away from the city center.
(28.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 46.7% for American Indian residents, 27.3% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Tellico Plains (2011 data):
- Volunteer Federal Savings and Loan Association of Madisonville: 111 Cherohala Skyway Branch at 111 Cherohala Skyway, branch established on 1988/06/30. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $176.2 mil, Deposits: $125.8 mil, headquarters in Madisonville, TN, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 6 total offices
- The Citizens National Bank of Athens: Tellico Plains Branch at Route 3, Box 22a, branch established on 1920/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $534.9 mil, Deposits: $464.3 mil, headquarters in Athens, TN, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens National Bancorp, Inc.
- Peoples Bank of East Tennessee: Tellico Plains Branch at 9186 New Highway 68, branch established on 1997/09/22. Info updated 2010/12/20: Bank assets: $227.6 mil, Deposits: $205.1 mil, headquarters in Madisonville, TN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Bancshares Of Tn, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tellico Plains town (based on Monroe County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Monroe County:||1.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Monroe County:||0.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Monroe County:||6.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Tellico Plains, TN Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$48,340||$193,360||3||$21,820|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||2||$19,090|
|Totals for Government||11||$169,748||$185,180||7||$49,102|
6.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,476 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from McMinn County, TN||0.93% ($21,261 average AGI)|
|from Loudon County, TN||0.89% ($26,353)|
|from Blount County, TN||0.59% ($33,250)|
5.68% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,024 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tellico Plains:
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYXI (1390 AM; 3 kW; ATHENS, TN; Owner: CORNERSTONE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKRK (1320 AM; 5 kW; MURPHY, NC; Owner: RADFORD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WENR (1090 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ENGLEWOOD, TN; Owner: PAUL WILSON D/B/A/ 1090 RADIO, A TEN)
- WCPH (1220 AM; 1 kW; ETOWAH, TN; Owner: STARR MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CO.)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WQBB (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; POWELL, TN; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tellico Plains:
- WLLJ (103.1 FM; ETOWAH, TN; Owner: FRIENDSHIP BROADCASTING LLC.)
- WCVP-FM (95.9 FM; ROBBINSVILLE, NC; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WYGO (99.5 FM; MADISONVILLE, TN; Owner: MAJOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJSQ (101.7 FM; ATHENS, TN; Owner: JAMES C. SLIGER)
- WFQS (91.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WOKI-FM (100.3 FM; OAK RIDGE, TN; Owner: OAK RIDGE FM, INC.)
- WIVK-FM (107.7 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWST (102.1 FM; SEVIERVILLE, TN; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WLOD-FM (98.3 FM; SWEETWATER, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- W234AG (94.7 FM; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WUOT (91.9 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE)
- WDVX (89.9 FM; CLINTON, TN; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNITIES COMMUNI CORP.)
- W237AR (95.3 FM; HAZELWOOD, ETC., NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WMKW (89.3 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WWSR (105.7 FM; ROCKWOOD, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WJXB-FM (97.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WKZX-FM (93.5 FM; LENOIR CITY, TN; Owner: BP BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- WCNG (102.7 FM; MURPHY, NC; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKTS (90.1 FM; KINGSTON, TN; Owner: THE KINGSTON CENTURY CLUB INC.)
- WCLE-FM (104.1 FM; CALHOUN, TN; Owner: WILLIAMS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Tellico Plains:
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WDTT-LP (Channel 38; LENOIR CITY, TN; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WFLI-TV (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, TN; Owner: CHATTANOOGA MEDIA HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
- WVLT-TV (Channel 8; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WVLT LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKOP-TV (Channel 15; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WBIR-TV (Channel 10; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: GANNETT PACIFIC CORPORATION)
- WATE-TV (Channel 6; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WATE, G.P.)
- WTNZ (Channel 43; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- W46DC (Channel 46; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Tellico Plains fatal accident list:
Nov 18, 2012 09:45 AM, Rafter Rd, Lat: 35.36217, Lon: -84.27881, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Apr 26, 2002 03:57 PM, Sr-68, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 6, Fatalities: 3, Drunken persons involved: 3
Oct 24, 1991 06:25 PM, Sr68, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
Oct 28, 1990 02:30 PM, Smithst, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Jul 25, 1986 01:10 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 18m59ftTotal length
- $877,000Total costs
- 16,040Total average daily traffic
- 1,072Total average daily truck traffic
- 26,608Total future (year 2035) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Tellico Plains)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- 1.5 Mi Nw Of Waucheesi Lookout Twr (Lat: 35.275639 Lon: -84.209361), Structure height: 18 m, Call Sign: WNVG850, Licensee ID: L00093740
Assigned Frequencies: 152.315 MHzGrant Date: 03/20/1996, Expiration Date: 01/22/2001, Cancellation Date: 03/25/2001Registrant: J B Telecommunications, 1122 Congress Pky, Athens, TN 37303, Phone: (615) 745-6772
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6
- Atop Tellico Mtn (Lat: 35.285917 Lon: -84.214083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 12 m, Call Sign: WNPM729
Assigned Frequencies: 154.755 MHz, 154.400 MHz, 156.240 MHz, 155.310 MHz, 154.160 MHzGrant Date: 11/10/2010, Expiration Date: 01/23/2021Registrant: Emergency Communications 911 Center, Madisonville, TN 37354, Phone: (423) 442-9555, Email:
- 120 Spence St. (Lat: 35.361250 Lon: -84.295111), Type: Bant, Structure height: 6 m, Call Sign: KNGP218
Assigned Frequencies: 153.695 MHzGrant Date: 07/29/2014, Expiration Date: 08/31/2024, Certifier: Van N BarnettRegistrant: Tellico Telephone Company, Inc., 525 Junction Rd, Center City W., Madison, WI 53717-1799, Phone: (630) 894-1038, Fax: (630) 894-0075, Email:
- 1/2 Mi Nw Waucheesi Lookout Twr (Lat: 35.275639 Lon: -84.209361), Call Sign: WNRK663
Assigned Frequencies: 153.065 MHzGrant Date: 02/16/2001, Expiration Date: 04/09/2011, Cancellation Date: 05/04/2010Registrant: Atlas License Company & Data Services, 7202 N. Shadeland Ave Ste 215, Indianapolis, IN 46250, Phone: (317) 813-4865, Fax: (317) 813-4870, Email:
- Lat: 35.366389 Lon: -84.299167, Call Sign: WPMY661
Assigned Frequencies: 151.955 MHzGrant Date: 03/31/1999, Expiration Date: 03/31/2004, Cancellation Date: 06/06/2004, Certifier: John E BaltzRegistrant: Short Bark Industries LLC, Po Box 518, Tellico Plains, TN 37385, Phone: (423) 253-6201, Fax: (423) 253-6204
- .5 Miles Nw Of Waucheesi Lookout Tower (Lat: 35.275639 Lon: -84.209361), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 39.6 m, Call Sign: WQBG885
Assigned Frequencies: 155.722 MHzGrant Date: 09/24/2014, Expiration Date: 10/04/2024, Certifier: Brian TurpinRegistrant: Cartwright Communication Technology, Inc., 1035 Data Lane, Knoxville, TN 37932-2570, Phone: (865) 966-1544, Fax: (865) 966-6350, Email:
- Lat: 35.325806 Lon: -84.377583, Call Sign: WQIS331
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1000 MHzGrant Date: 04/29/2008, Expiration Date: 04/29/2018, Certifier: Charles UnderwoodRegistrant: Primex Wireless, Inc, 965 Wells St, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- DT TELLICO PLAINS, 175 Mecca Pike (Lat: 35.370778 Lon: -84.305306), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 78.6 m, Call Sign: WQOU572
Assigned Frequencies: 6315.84 MHzGrant Date: 02/02/2012, Expiration Date: 02/02/2022, Certifier: Steven T CampbellRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- TELLICO PLAINS, Old Hwy 68 (Lat: 35.392778 Lon: -84.350000), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 59.4 m, Call Sign: WQOU573
Assigned Frequencies: 6256.54 MHzGrant Date: 02/02/2012, Expiration Date: 02/02/2022, Certifier: Steven T CampbellRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- TELLICO PLAINS, 129 Gambles Gap Rd (029016 / Gambles Gap) (Lat: 35.393556 Lon: -84.349472), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 93.8 m, Call Sign: WQSR782
Assigned Frequencies: 6226.89 MHzGrant Date: 11/05/2013, Expiration Date: 11/05/2023, Certifier: Steven A RegitzRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:58 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Tellico Plains)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Tellico Plains)
FAA Registered Aircraft:7 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Tellico Plains and their reported violations in the past:TELLICO PLAINS WATER DEPT (Population served: 5,650, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:INDIAN BOUNDARY REC AREA- USFS (Population served: 975, Groundwater):
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:TELLICO RANGER STATION - USFS (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Monitoring of Treatment (SWTR-Filter) - In OCT-2006. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-01-2006), St Public Notif requested (NOV-15-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-15-2006), St Public Notif received (JAN-24-2007)
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Tellico Plains that have no violations reported:
- COKER CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Population served: 130, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- NORTH RIVER CHECKING STATION (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 82
- Hazardous Condition: 11
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Tellico Plains
|Most common first names in Tellico Plains, TN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Tellico Plains, TN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (89%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Wood (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
|Businesses in Tellico Plains, TN|
|H&R Block||1||U.S. Cellular||1|
Tellico Plains compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.