|Median resident age:||36.8 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42141
Temple Hill CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $84,239 (it was $60,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 3,102 (98.3%)
- Hispanic - 24 (0.8%)
- Black alone - 14 (0.4%)
- Two or more races - 6 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.1%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.06%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 803 feet
Land area: 71.7 square miles.
Population density: 47 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Temple Hill:
- High school or higher: 70.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 4.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Temple Hill CCD:
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 68.5%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 7.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Temple Hill CCD:||0.6% ($365)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (74.2 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (356.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Summer Shade, KY (2.6 miles ), Mount Herman, KY (2.8 miles ), Glasgow, KY (3.1 miles ), Tracy, KY (3.1 miles ), Edmonton, KY (3.4 miles ), Hiseville, KY (3.7 miles ), Tompkinsville, KY (3.9 miles ), Fountain Run, KY (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 36.90 N, Longitude: 85.80 W
Area code: 270
Unemployment by year (%)
- Transportation equipment (17%)
- Construction (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Printing and related support activities (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Machinery (5%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Health care (24%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (9%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
Average climate in Temple Hill, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Temple Hill-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 52% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.0 miles away from the Temple Hill place center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 28.7 miles away from the place center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Temple Hill-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 156.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 136.1 miles away from Temple Hill center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 132.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 175.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 166.6 miles away from Temple Hill center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 127.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Barren County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Winter Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Temple Hill:
- FMC - GLASGOW KIDNEY CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T. J. SAMSON COMM HOSP HOME CARE PROGRAM (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T J SAMSON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLENVIEW HEALTH CARE FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLASGOW HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLASGOW HEALTH CARE FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- BARREN COUNTY HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Temple Hill:
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 31 miles; Columbia, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,552)
- Western Kentucky University (about 37 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 38 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Campbellsville University (about 40 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 53 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
- Volunteer State Community College (about 54 miles; Gallatin, TN; FT enrollment: 5,311)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 56 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
Notable location: Temple Hill Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Temple Hill include: Lick Branch Church (A), Whites Chapel (B), Poplar Spring Church (C), Antioch Church (D), Words Chapel (E), Beech Grove Church (F), Bethel Church (G), Union Number 2 Church (H), Mount Union Number 5 Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Bowles Cemetery (1), Buckley Cemetery (2), Peers Cemetery (3), Peden Cemetery (4), Barbour Cemetery (5), Freedom Cemetery (6), Simmons Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bowles Branch (A), Brushy Fork (B), Watt Branch (C), Pierce Creek (D), Steam Mill Branch (E), Lick Branch (F), Raccoon Branch (G), Nobob Creek (H), Ritter Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Temple Hill compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (44%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (40%)
- Wood (10%)
- Utility gas (6%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Temple Hill CCD (based on Barren County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 49.06%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
|Name||Old Missionary Baptists Associations||Cumberland Presbyterian Church||Church of the Nazarene||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Barren County:||2.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Barren County:||0.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Barren County:||7.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
5.80% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,272 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hart County, KY||0.85% ($23,624 average AGI)|
|from Warren County, KY||0.80% ($26,746)|
|from Metcalfe County, KY||0.67% ($24,051)|
5.24% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,996 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Temple Hill:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTKY (1370 AM; daytime; 2 kW; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WCLU (1490 AM; 1 kW; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WKCT (930 AM; 5 kW; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WCDS (1440 AM; 1 kW; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Temple Hill:
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGBV (94.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS,INC.)
- WTKY-FM (92.1 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WSGP (88.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPTQ (103.7 FM; CAVE CITY, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHHT (106.7 FM; HORSE CAVE, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WKNK (99.1 FM; EDMONTON, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCLU-FM (102.3 FM; MUNFORDVILLE, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC)
- WDNS (93.3 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKLX (100.7 FM; BROWNSVILLE, KY; Owner: CHARLES M. ANDERSON)
- WUHU (107.1 FM; SMITHS GROVE, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WVLE (99.3 FM; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SHERANDAN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKYR-FM (107.9 FM; BURKESVILLE, KY; Owner: RAY MULLINIX)
TV broadcast stations around Temple Hill:
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNKY (Channel 40; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: MMK LICENSE LLC)
- WPGD (Channel 50; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Temple Hill on our top lists:
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Drugs and druggists' sundries, and chemical and allied products merchant wholesalers"