We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||34.3 years|
|Georgia median age:||36.5 years|
Zip codes: 30824.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $13,804 (it was $14,976 in 2000)
Thomson city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $106,603 (it was $65,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $112,136; Detached houses: $109,841; Mobile homes: $136,859
Median gross rent in 2016: $644.
Races in Thomson, GA (2010)
- 4,22362.3%Black alone
- 2,32334.3%White alone
- 811.2%Two or more races
- 170.3%American Indian alone
- 220.3%Asian alone
- 60.09%Other race alone
- 30.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Thomson subdivision development (0 replies)|
|Standard steel and wire works coming to thomson-mcduffie (1 reply)|
|Hi tide snoballs coming to thomson (5 replies)|
|Chick Fil A in Grovetown & Thomson? (6 replies)|
|Growth fixin to hit thomson-mcduffie (3 replies)|
|Thomson Poorest Town In Georgia, Study Says (0 replies)|
Latest news from Thomson, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (9.2%), German (7.5%), Irish (2.2%), English (2.1%), Scottish (1.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 532 feet
Land area: 3.95 square miles.
Population density: 1,674 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Thomson:
- High school or higher: 73.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 13.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Thomson city:
- Never married: 40.3%
- Now married: 34.8%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 14.8%
167 residents are foreign born (2.0% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 51 registered sex offenders living in Thomson, Georgia as of February 19, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Thomson to the number of sex offenders is 134 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,236 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $783 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Augusta-Richmond County, GA (27.7 miles , pop. 195,182).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (111.5 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (608.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Dearing, GA (2.8 miles ), Camak, GA (2.9 miles) , Warrenton, GA (3.2 miles ), Panhandle, GA (3.3 miles ), Harlem, GA (3.4 miles ), Norwood, GA (3.5 miles ), Appling, GA (3.9 miles ), Norris, GA (4.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 1999: 23 buildings, average cost: $42,900
- 2000: 9 buildings, average cost: $44,200
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $59,800
- 2002: 18 buildings, average cost: $73,200
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.47 N, Longitude: 82.50 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +743 (+10.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 824 (34.9%)
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Thomson by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 318.6)||237.1||214.1||463.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Thomson detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.96|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -585 (-7.9%).
- Administrative and support and waste management services (27%)
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (19%)
- Material moving occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (12%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (14%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
Average climate in Thomson, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Thomson-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 3% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 30.6 miles away from the Thomson city center killed 5 people and injured 86 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 11/22/1992, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.8 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Thomson-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 28.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 141.8 miles away from Thomson center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 193.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 181.5 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 140.8 miles away from Thomson center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 166.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in McDuffie County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 3, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Thomas E. Watson - Politician, Blind Willie McTell - (1901-1959), musician, Jasper Brinkley - Football player, Richard E. Hawes - Navy admiral, Franklin Langham - Professional golfer, Ken Roberson (choreographer) - Dancer and chorographer, Casper Brinkley - Player of football, Florence Reville Gibbs - Politician, Mike Ramsey (outfielder) - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Thomson:
- UNIVERSITY MCDUFFIE COUNTY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 521 HILL STREET, SW)
- THOMSON HEALTH AND REHABILITATION (511 MT. PLEASANT ROAD)
- THOMSON MANOR INC (MT PLEASANT RD)
- FMC THOMSON DIALYSIS (1020 WEST HILL STREET)
- CSRA HOME HEALTH AGENCY COLUMBIA (415 WEST HILL STREET, SUITE 1)
airports located in Thomson:
- Thomson-Mcduffie County Airport (HQU) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 9,000, Local Ops: 10,000)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Thomson:
- Augusta Technical College (about 27 miles; Augusta, GA; Full-time enrollment: 3,494)
- Georgia Regents University (about 30 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 6,862)
- Aiken Technical College (about 39 miles; Graniteville, SC; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 43 miles; Aiken, SC; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- Georgia Military College-Distance Learning Campuses (about 50 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,438)
- Georgia College and State University (about 51 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,271)
- Lander University (about 55 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 2,870)
Public high school in Thomson:
- THOMSON HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 870, Location: 1160 WHITE OAK RD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Thomson:
- THOMSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 600, Location: 409 GUILL ST, Grades: 2-3)
- MAXWELL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 569, Location: 520 MOUNT PLEASANT RD, Grades: PK-1)
- NORRIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 504, Location: 511 MAIN ST, Grades: 4-5)
- THOMSON-MCDUFFIE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Location: 1191 WHITE OAK RD, Grades: 6-8)
Notable locations in Thomson: Thomson-McDuffie County Library (A), Thomson City Hall (B), McDuffie County Courthouse (C), Thomson Fire Department Station 2 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Thomson: First Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Springfield Cemetery (1), Thomson City Cemetery (2), Westview Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Thomson: Thomson Commercial Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Hickory Hills Museum (502 Hickory Hill Drive).
Hotels: Econo Lodge Thomson (130 North Seymour Drive), Best Western Inn (1890 Washington Rd), Best Western White Columns Inn (I-20 & Washington Road).
Courts: Georgia State Government - Georgia Superior Court Clerk's Cooperative Auth (337 Main Street), McDuffie County - Court House- Board of Commissioners (337 Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.2. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 25.0. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 22.7 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 0.0864. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 22.7 miles away from the city center.
(15.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 56.1% for Black residents, 95.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 38.7% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Thomson in 2010:
- 134 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 19 people in group homes intended for adults
- 8 people in residential treatment centers for adults
125 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Thomson (2011 data):
- First Bank of Georgia: Messenger Service Branch at 110 East Hill Street, branch established on 1999/03/01; Hill Street Branch at 110 East Hill Street, branch established on 2005/09/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $493.1 mil, Deposits: $411.9 mil, headquarters in Augusta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Georgia-Carolina Bancshares, Inc.
- SunTrust Bank: Washington Road/Thomson Branch at 658 Main Street, branch established on 1974/07/18; Jackson Branch at 201 Jackson Street, branch established on 1902/01/01. Info updated 2010/05/27: Bank assets: $171,291.7 mil, Deposits: $129,833.2 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1716 total offices, Holding Company: Suntrust Banks, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Washington Road Branch at 1398 Washington Road, branch established on 1986/09/12; Hill Street Branch at 300 West Hill Street, branch established on 1971/05/20. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company: Thomson/West Hill Branch at 549 West Hill Street, branch established on 2001/02/26. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $875.3 mil, Deposits: $744.4 mil, headquarters in Louisville, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 22 total offices, Holding Company: Queensborough Company, The
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: Thomson Branch at 235 Main Street, branch established on 1997/09/15. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Thomson city (based on McDuffie County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|McDuffie County:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|McDuffie County:||1.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|McDuffie County:||7.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Thomson, GA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$12,713||$76,278||5||$1,917|
|Police Protection - Officers||13||$53,229||$49,134||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$4,452||$26,712||2||$753|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,205||$26,460||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$11,464||$22,928||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||22||$38,289||$20,885||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||7||$21,403||$36,691||1||$682|
|Totals for Government||101||$289,795||$34,431||13||$7,045|
Thomson government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing and Community Development: $296,000 ($44.73)
General - Other: $124,000 ($18.74)
Gas Utilities: $32,000 ($4.84)
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $10,255,000 ($1549.56)
Water Utilities: $3,418,000 ($516.47)
Solid Waste Management: $1,032,000 ($155.94)
Police Protection: $781,000 ($118.01)
Regular Highways: $650,000 ($98.22)
Local Fire Protection: $614,000 ($92.78)
Central Staff Services: $380,000 ($57.42)
Financial Administration: $117,000 ($17.68)
Housing and Community Development: $91,000 ($13.75)
General - Other: $85,000 ($12.84)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $69,000 ($10.43)
Libraries: $55,000 ($8.31)
Correctional Institutions: $32,000 ($4.84)
Judicial and Legal Services: $16,000 ($2.42)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Parks and Recreation: $195,000 ($29.47)
Public Welfare - Other: $76,000 ($11.48)
General - Other: $54,000 ($8.16)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $53,000 ($8.01)
Solid Waste Management: $29,000 ($4.38)
Local Fire Protection: $25,000 ($3.78)
General - Other: $21,000 ($3.17)
Gas Utilities: $6,000 ($0.91)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $2,277,000 ($344.06)
Thomson government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $1,074,000 ($162.28)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $22,000 ($3.32)
All Other: $5,000 ($0.76)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $1,154,000 ($174.37)
All Other: $193,000 ($29.16)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $182,000 ($27.50)
Fines and Forfeits: $168,000 ($25.39)
Rents: $64,000 ($9.67)
General Revenue, NEC: $58,000 ($8.76)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $10,616,000 ($1604.11)
Water Utilities: $3,539,000 ($534.75)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $196,000 ($29.62)
All Other: $28,000 ($4.23)
- Tax - Property: $520,000 ($78.57)
Other Selective Sales: $358,000 ($54.09)
Public Utilities Sales: $355,000 ($53.64)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $101,000 ($15.26)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $96,000 ($14.51)
Other License: $31,000 ($4.68)
Thomson government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $5,155,000 ($778.94)
6.14% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,228 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Richmond County, GA||1.12% ($23,000 average AGI)|
|from Columbia County, GA||0.99% ($35,907)|
|from Warren County, GA||0.62% ($30,170)|
6.32% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,714 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Thomson:
- WTWA (1240 AM; 1 kW; THOMSON, GA; Owner: CAMELLIA CITY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGAC (580 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WRDW (1480 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTEL (1630 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WFAM (1050 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: J.J. & B. BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Thomson:
- WTHO-FM (101.7 FM; THOMSON, GA; Owner: CAMELLIA CITY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHZ (95.1 FM; HARLEM, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE,LLC)
- WRFN (93.1 FM; WARRENTON, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WAKB (96.9 FM; WRENS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WPRW-FM (107.7 FM; MARTINEZ, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBBQ-FM (104.3 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAEG (92.3 FM; EVANS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WGOR (93.9 FM; MARTINEZ, GA; Owner: WGOR LICENSE, LLC)
- WEKL (102.3 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKXC-FM (99.5 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WKSP (96.3 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLPE (91.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: AUGUSTA RADIO FELLOWSHIP INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WXKT (100.1 FM; WASHINGTON, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Thomson:
- WCES-TV (Channel 20; WRENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- WAAU-LP (Channel 18; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: THOMAS J. PIPER)
- W56EE (Channel 56; JOHNSTON, SC; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBPI-LP (Channel 49; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WATCHMAN BROADCASTING PRODUCTIONS INTERNATIONAL, INC.)
- W58CZ (Channel 58; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 234 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Thomson, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 50 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Thomson)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Thomson)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 9 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 74
- Hazardous Condition: 49
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Thomson
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Thomson, Georgia:
- Scottish Inn, 1847 Washington Rd, Thomson, Georgia 30824 , Phone: (706) 595-8700, Fax: (706) 595-9642
- Econo Lodge, 130 N Seymour Dr, Thomson, Georgia 30824 , Phone: (706) 595-7144
- Days Inn Thomson, 2658 Cobbham Rd, Thomson, Georgia 30824 , Phone: (706) 595-2262, Fax: (706) 595-8968
- Hampton Inn Thomson, 1702 Washingon Rd, Thomson, Georgia 30824 , Phone: (706) 595-5300, Fax: (706) 595-3100
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 1893 Washington Rd, Thomson, Georgia 30824 , Phone: (706) 595-6500
|Most common first names in Thomson, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Thomson, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (49%)
- Utility gas (49%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Thomson, GA|
|Ace Hardware||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Circle K||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|Econo Lodge||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||Waffle House||2|
|Jones New York||1||Walgreens||1|
Thomson compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Thomson on our top lists:
- #23 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of females (pop. 5,000+)"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest percentage of workers working at home, population 5,000+"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2002 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (population 5,000+)"
Total of 6 patent applications in 2008-2018.