Carroll County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 36.9. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 1.93. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 9.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2006 was 24.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 11.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.0 miles away from the city center.
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 12.7%
(14.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.4 people|
|Illinois: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 67.4%|
|Whole state: || 67.3%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This village: || 5.1%|
|Whole state: || 4.8%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Thomson, IL
Thomson compared to Illinois state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Thomson (2011 data):
- Savanna-Thomson State Bank: at Main Street And Route 84, branch established on 1920/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $84.4 mil, Deposits: $73.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Savanna-Thomson Investment, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (75%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Wood (2%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Carroll County Illinois:
Religion statistics for Thomson (based on Carroll County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.64%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Church of the Brethren|| General Conference Churches of God|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name|| The (Ashland, Ohio) Brethren Church||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod||United Church of Christ||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Here:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Carroll County:||0.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Carroll County:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||8.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Thomson government finances in 2002:
- Charges - All Other: $30,000 ($50.93)
- Construction - Water Utilities: $2,913,000 ($4945.67)
Parks & Recreation: $17,000 ($28.86)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $463,000 ($786.08)
Police Protection: $81,000 ($137.52)
Financial Administration: $70,000 ($118.85)
Regular Highways: $25,000 ($42.44)
Central Staff Services: $25,000 ($42.44)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $339,000 ($575.55)
- General - Interest on Debt: $244,000 ($414.26)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $4,280,000 ($7266.55)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $30,000 ($50.93)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $4,200,000 ($7130.73)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $50,000 ($84.89)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $202,000 ($342.95)
Interest Earnings: $42,000 ($71.31)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $362,000 ($614.60)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $269,000 ($456.71)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $124,000 ($210.53)
Highways: $44,000 ($74.70)
Public Welfare: $1,000 ($1.70)
- Tax - Property: $40,000 ($67.91)
NEC: $4,000 ($6.79)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $161,000 ($273.34)
5.25% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($44,991 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.42% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($38,850 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Thomson:
- KCLN (1390 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, IA; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC)
- KROS (1340 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, IA; Owner: KROS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOC (1420 AM; 5 kW; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKBF (1270 AM; 5 kW; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WFRL (1570 AM; 5 kW; FREEPORT, IL; Owner: MAYFAIR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Thomson:
- KZEG (94.7 FM; CLINTON, IA; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCCI (100.3 FM; SAVANNA, IL; Owner: CARROLL COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KUUL (101.3 FM; EAST MOLINE, IL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KCQQ (106.5 FM; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMXG (96.1 FM; CLINTON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WZZT (95.1 FM; MORRISON, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WLLR-FM (103.7 FM; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WVIK (90.3 FM; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: AUGUSTANA COLLEGE)
- WLLT (107.7 FM; POLO, IL; Owner: SAUK VALLEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBOB-FM (104.9 FM; GENESEO, IL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSSQ (94.3 FM; STERLING, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
TV broadcast stations around Thomson:
- WHBF-TV (Channel 4; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: CORONET COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- KWQC-TV (Channel 6; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF DAVENPORT, INC.)
- WBQD-LP (Channel 26; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: FOUR SEASONS PEORIA, LLC)
- KLJB-TV (Channel 18; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: QUAD CITIES TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- W52BI (Channel 52; STERLING/DIXON, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W48CK (Channel 48; STERLING, IL; Owner: BLACK HAWK COLLEGE)
Thomson fatal accident list:
Aug 23, 1999 11:40 AM, Sr-84, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Main & Market Sts (Lat: 41.959472 Lon: -90.101528), Call Sign: KNGF888, Licensee ID: L00022100
Assigned Frequencies: 33.1000 MHz
Grant Date: 04/05/1998, Expiration Date: 04/05/2003, Cancellation Date: 07/06/2003
Registrant: John Krahn Enterprises Inc, 900 Main St, Thomson, IL 61285
- Thomson Correctional Center (Lat: 41.970583 Lon: -90.103750), Type: Tank, Structure height: 34 m, Overall height: 40 m, Call Sign: WPRG941
Assigned Frequencies: 37.3600 MHz, 453.875 MHz
Grant Date: 06/25/2005, Expiration Date: 09/20/2015, Certifier: Lambert P Fleck Iii
Registrant: Illinois State Police
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- YORK SUB, Illinois Route 84 (Lat: 41.978889 Lon: -90.095000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Call Sign: WQKX414
Assigned Frequencies: 11565.0 MHz, 11405.0 MHz
Grant Date: 10/15/2009, Expiration Date: 10/15/2019, Certifier: Jeff Harrelson
Registrant: Jo Carroll Energy, Inc, 793 U.S. Route 20 West, Elizabeth, IL 61028, Phone: (815) 858-2207, Fax: (815) 858-5522, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: K0CVG
Grant Date: 11/30/1994, Expiration Date: 11/30/2004, Cancellation Date: 12/01/2006
Registrant: Eugene J Tack, Rr 1 Box 223b, Thomson, IL 61285
- Call Sign: KB9AZT
Grant Date: 09/29/1995, Expiration Date: 08/17/2003, Cancellation Date: 08/18/2005
Registrant: Wayne E Rohr, 10202 Three Mile Rd, Thomson, IL 61285-9716
- Call Sign: KB9TOK, Licensee ID: L01426978
Grant Date: 08/27/2008, Expiration Date: 10/22/2018, Certifier: David L Lawton
Registrant: David L Lawton, 4041 Il Rt 84, Thomson, IL 61285
- Call Sign: N9XLE, Licensee ID: L00255483
Grant Date: 04/19/2004, Expiration Date: 07/09/2014, Certifier: Steve S Kaufman
Registrant: Steve S Kaufman, 4473 Illinois Rt 84, Thomson, IL 61285
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: AMERICAN CHAMPION AIRCRAFT 7ECA (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 278AC , Serial Number: 1385-2001, Year manufactured: 2001, Airworthiness Date: 08/24/2001
Registrant (Individual): Jim M Sweeney, 3878 Grandview, Thomson, IL 61285
- Aircraft: BURTON LARRY CHALLENGER II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX SEE BOMBADIER (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 398LB , Serial Number: CH2-0903-2379, Year manufactured: 2003, Airworthiness Date: 08/27/2004
Registrant (Individual): Steven L Geary, 5494 Riverview Circle Dr, Thomson, IL 61285
|Most common first names in Thomson, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Thomson, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|St Ores||8||79.6 years|
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Registered nurses"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Fuel dealers"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest ratio of murders to rapes between 2001 and 2006"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Metal and metal products"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Data processing and other information services"