We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54725.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $26,118 (it was $18,203 in 2000)
Tiffany town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $167,732 (it was $98,800 in 2000)
Races in Tiffany, WI (2010)
- 58795.0%White alone
- 223.6%Asian alone
- 30.5%Two or more races
- 20.3%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
|leaving wisconsin survey (337 replies)|
|Why is downtown so lame? (41 replies)|
|Good places to shop for engagement rings in Milwaukee. (5 replies)|
Latest news from Tiffany, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (34.3%), Norwegian (24.3%), Slovak (8.5%), Irish (7.4%), English (6.5%), Swedish (4.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 840 feet
Land area: 29.9 square miles.
Population density: 21 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Tiffany:
- High school or higher: 90.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tiffany town:
- Never married: 26.2%
- Now married: 57.8%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 8.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Tiffany town:||1.7% ($1,684)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (34.0 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (51.6 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (314.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Boyceville, WI (1.8 miles ), Downing, WI (1.9 miles ), Glenwood City, WI (2.2 miles ), Glenwood, WI (2.3 miles ), Hay River, WI (2.6 miles ), Sheridan, WI (2.7 miles ), Wheeler, WI (2.9 miles ), Knapp, WI (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $118,600
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $105,000
- 2005: 9 buildings, average cost: $168,800
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $196,200
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $116,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $29,000
- 2010: 5 buildings, average cost: $158,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $150,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.08 N, Longitude: 92.08 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Construction (13%)
- Truck transportation (8%)
- Metal and metal products (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (4%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (4%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Health care (13%)
- Social assistance (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (4%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Tiffany, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tiffany-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 11% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 17.7 miles away from the Tiffany town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/30/1977, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.6 miles away from the town center injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Tiffany-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 95% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 196.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 209.0 miles away from Tiffany center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 297.1 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 365.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 237.5 miles away from Tiffany center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 143.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Dunn County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 4, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Tiffany:
- GLENHAVEN (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; GLENWOOD CITY, WI)
- PIONEER NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; PRAIRIE FARM, WI)
- PARK VIEW HOME (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; WOODVILLE, WI)
- AMERICAN LUTHERAN HOME MENOMONIE (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; MENOMONIE, WI)
- MAYO CLINIC DIALYSIS - MENOMONIE (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; MENOMONIE, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tiffany:
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 16 miles; Menomonie, WI; Full-time enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 32 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 35 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 35 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Century College (about 45 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 47 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- Metropolitan State University (about 50 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 6,159)
Notable location: Tiffany Townhall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Tiffany: Holy Trinity Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Johns Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Tiffany: Chimney Rock State Wetlands Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.8% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tiffany town (based on Dunn County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Dunn County:||1.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dunn County:||0.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dunn County:||4.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.74% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,677 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Eau Claire County, WI||1.16% ($30,384 average AGI)|
|from St. Croix County, WI||0.59% ($28,789)|
|from Chippewa County, WI||0.49% ($31,107)|
7.59% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,120 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tiffany:
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WXCE (1260 AM; 5 kW; AMERY, WI; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WIXK (1590 AM; daytime; 5 kW; NEW RICHMOND, WI; Owner: WIXK-AM, LLC)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tiffany:
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WVSS (90.7 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- W211AY (90.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WMEQ-FM (92.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WATQ (106.7 FM; CHETEK, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXPT (104.1 FM; ST. LOUIS PARK, MN; Owner: THE AUDIO HOUSE, INC.)
- WWIB (103.7 FM; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WECL (92.9 FM; ELK MOUND, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WJMC-FM (96.1 FM; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Tiffany:
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KMSP-TV (Channel 9; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- KARE (Channel 11; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: MULTIMEDIA HOLDINGS CORPORATION)
- KSTP-TV (Channel 5; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTCA-TV (Channel 2; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: TWIN CITIES PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WEUX (Channel 48; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: GRANT MEDIA INC.)
- WCCO-TV (Channel 4; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- KTCI-TV (Channel 17; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: TWIN CITIES PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 16m52ftTotal length
- 1,619Total average daily traffic
- 59Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,960Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (41%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (18%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Utility gas (14%)
- Wood (13%)
Tiffany compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.