|Median resident age:||52.8 years|
|New Mexico median age:||34.6 years|
Zip code: 87701
Trementina CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $83,723 (it was $61,300 in 2000)
- Hispanic - 156 (69.6%)
- White alone - 65 (29.0%)
- Two or more races - 2 (0.9%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.4%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 4998 feet
Land area: 1094.3 square miles.
Population density: 0.2 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Trementina:
- High school or higher: 66.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.1%
- Unemployed: 8.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Trementina CCD:
- Never married: 7.4%
- Now married: 63.2%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 16.7%
- Divorced: 12.7%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Trementina CCD:||0.6% ($350)|
|New Mexico:||0.7% ($699)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Santa Fe, NM (79.5 miles , pop. 62,203).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Albuquerque, NM (117.7 miles , pop. 448,607).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (448.2 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: San Rafael, NM (2.6 miles ), Conchas Dam, NM (5.3 miles ), Watrous, NM (5.7 miles) , Newkirk, NM (5.7 miles) , Llano del Medio, NM (6.0 miles) , Tecolotito, NM (6.1 miles ), Santa Rosa, NM (6.1 miles ), Dilia, NM (6.1 miles ).
Latitude: 35.47 N, Longitude: 104.57 W
Area code: 505
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Trementina, New Mexico
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Trementina-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below New Mexico state average. It is 75% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 101.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/29/1990 at 13:16:10, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 LG, Depth: 7.5 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 148.1 miles away from Trementina center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 112.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 115.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/22/2004 at 12:09:56, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 97.2 miles away from Trementina center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 275.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in San Miguel County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 5, Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Trementina:
- New Mexico Highlands University (about 38 miles; Las Vegas, NM; Full-time enrollment: 2,931)
- Santa Fe Community College (about 82 miles; Santa Fe, NM; FT enrollment: 3,047)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 114 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus (about 116 miles; Albuquerque, NM; FT enrollment: 2,335)
- University of New Mexico-Main Campus (about 119 miles; Albuquerque, NM; FT enrollment: 23,042)
- Central New Mexico Community College (about 120 miles; Albuquerque, NM; FT enrollment: 19,398)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (about 150 miles; Roswell, NM; FT enrollment: 2,212)
Notable locations in Trementina: Mesteño Camp (A), Puerto Windmill (B), Quintana Ranch (C), Screw Windmill (D), Thompson Ranch (E), Maes (F), Chavez Ruins (G), Whiskey Windmill (H), Wilson Ranch (I), Simpson (J), Quintana (K), Tuloso (L), Bookout Ranch (M), Boylan Ranch (N), Brito Ranch (O), Reymond (P), Quintana (Q), Sena (R), Cabra Springs Ranch (S), Griego (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Trementina: San Rafael Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Maes Cemetery (1), Alamosa Plaza Cemetery (2), Juan Torres Cemetery (3), Sagrado Corazon Cemetery (4), Cañon Largo Cemetery (5), Mathews Cemetery (6), Sena Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Laguna Huerfana (A), Juan Torres Lake (B), Goetsck Lake (C), Llonidas Lake (D), Elise Tank (E), Lake Tank (F), Picket Pens Tank (G), White Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Pino Creek (A), Cabra Creek (B), El Poso Creek (C), Lagartija Creek (D), Saladito Creek (E), Salitre Creek (F), Trementina Creek (G), Mora River (H), Corazon Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Trementina include: Canadian Escarpment Historical Marker (1), Sabinoso Wilderness Study Area (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.0 people|
|New Mexico:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Trementina compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (73%)
- Wood (27%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Trementina CCD (based on San Miguel County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 76.81%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Assemblies of God||Churches of Christ||Episcopal Church|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|San Miguel County:||1.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||1.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Miguel County:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Miguel County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Miguel County:||19.2%|
5.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($25,892 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.50%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Santa Fe County, NM||0.98% ($30,828 average AGI)|
|from Bernalillo County, NM||0.94% ($23,022)|
|from Mora County, NM||0.43% ($22,098)|
6.06% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,100 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.43%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Trementina:
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KNMX (540 AM; 5 kW; LAS VEGAS, NM; Owner: SANGRE DE CRISTO B/DCASTING CO, INC)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KSWV (810 AM; 5 kW; SANTA FE, NM; Owner: LA VOZ BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKIM (1000 AM; 10 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: AGM-NEVADA, LLC)
- KIJN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FARWELL, TX; Owner: METROPOLITIAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Trementina:
- K288EQ (105.5 FM; CONCHAS DAM, NM; Owner: CONCHAS TELEVISION ASSOCIATION)
- K202CX (88.3 FM; CONCHAS, NM; Owner: EASTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY)
- KLSK (98.1 FM; LAS VEGAS, NM; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K215DT (90.9 FM; SAN AUGUSTIN, NM; Owner: EASTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Lat: 35.516722 Lon: -104.558861, Call Sign: WQAK203, Licensee ID: L00401881
Assigned Frequencies: 122.900 MHz
Grant Date: 06/17/2004, Expiration Date: 06/17/2009, Cancellation Date: 08/22/2009, Certifier: Jane Mcnairn
Registrant: Mile High Inc, 6400 Canoga Avenue Suite 315, Woodland Hills, CA 91367, Phone: (818) 716-1444, Fax: (811) 888-3926
State forum archive: