|Median resident age:||42.2 years|
|Kentucky median age:||41.0 years|
Zip codes: 42286.
Trenton city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $84,862 (it was $63,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $895.
- White alone - 322 (83.9%)
- Black alone - 44 (11.5%)
- Two or more races - 10 (2.6%)
- Hispanic - 5 (1.3%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.5%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.3%)
|Information on friends from Trenton KY (0 replies)|
|How well are African Americans treated in KY? (please respond truthfully) (74 replies)|
|Best burgers in Kentucky (11 replies)|
|Vacation in KY (24 replies)|
|Amish areas (34 replies)|
|Need to know the pros and cons of Louisville Ky (17 replies)|
Latest news from Trenton, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (18.7%), English (12.6%), United States (8.7%), Irish (7.7%), Scotch-Irish (5.2%), Italian (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/13/1840
Land area: 0.56 square miles.
Population density: 693 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Trenton:
- High school or higher: 85.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.6%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Trenton city:
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 52.9%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 12.4%
- Divorced: 10.4%
11 residents are foreign born (2.0% Europe, 0.6% Asia).
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Trenton, Kentucky as of July 02, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Trenton to the number of sex offenders is 390 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $589 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $504 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Clarksville, TN (12.5 miles , pop. 103,455).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Metropolitan Government, TN (47.9 miles , pop. 569,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (354.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pembroke, KY (2.5 miles ), Guthrie, KY (2.7 miles ), Elkton, KY (2.9 miles ), St. Bethlehem, TN (3.1 miles ), Oak Grove, KY (3.1 miles ), Allensville, KY (3.3 miles) , Fort Campbell North, KY (3.5 miles ), Clarksville, TN (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 36.72 N, Longitude: 87.26 W
Area code: 270
|Crime rates in Trenton by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 265.5)||41.6||28.1||0.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Construction (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (15%)
- Transportation and warehousing (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (18%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Finance and insurance (12%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (12%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Trenton, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Trenton-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 57% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1970, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.3 miles away from the Trenton city center killed 3 people and injured 85 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 1/22/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.1 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused $73 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Trenton-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 75% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 124.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 91.9 miles away from Trenton center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 149.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 129.4 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 142.6 miles away from Trenton center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 125.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Todd County (8) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Snows: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Trenton:
- CHRISTIAN HEIGHTS NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; PEMBROKE, KY)
- HEARTHSTONE PLACE (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ELKTON, KY)
- WESTERN STATE NURSING FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; HOPKINSVILLE, KY)
- GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
- GATEWAY HOME HEALTH CLARKSVILLE (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
- DCI CUMBERLAND (Dialysis Facility, about 15 miles away; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
- GRACE HEALTHCARE OF CLARKSVILLE (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Trenton:
- Austin Peay State University (about 15 miles; Clarksville, TN; Full-time enrollment: 8,621)
- Hopkinsville Community College (about 18 miles; Hopkinsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,269)
- Tennessee State University (about 46 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,341)
- Madisonville Community College (about 47 miles; Madisonville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,082)
- Nashville State Community College (about 47 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 6,436)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 48 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Vanderbilt University (about 48 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 10,518)
Notable location: Trenton Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Edgewood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 75.5. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2005 was 3.65. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 7.1 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.76. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 40.2. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 8.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 16.5. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 14.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.48. This is about average. Closest monitor was 8.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Trenton and their reported violations in the past:TRENTON WATER WORKS (Population served: 900, Purch surface water):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In APR-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-06-2011), St Formal NOV issued (JUN-06-2011), St Public Notif received (JUL-06-2011), St Compliance achieved (SEP-01-2011)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JAN-01-2003, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-25-2004), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-25-2004), St Compliance achieved (NOV-09-2005), St Public Notif received (APR-05-2007)
- One minor monitoring violation
(3.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 10.2% for Black residents, 60.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Trenton compared to Kentucky state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Banks with branches in Trenton (2011 data):
- United Southern Bank: Trenton Branch at 112 South Main Street, branch established on 1922/06/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $252.2 mil, Deposits: $221.3 mil, headquarters in Hopkinsville, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Todd Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (51%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (44%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Wood (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Trenton city (based on Todd County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 66.67%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Amish; Other Groups||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Church of the Nazarene||Catholic Church||Old Order Amish||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Todd County:||2.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Todd County:||0.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Todd County:||5.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||0||$0||1||$969|
|Totals for Government||3||$12,038||$48,152||5||$2,451|
Trenton government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $95,000 ($245.48)
Financial Administration: $43,000 ($111.11)
Police Protection: $15,000 ($38.76)
Housing & Community Development: $11,000 ($28.42)
Fire Protection: $8,000 ($20.67)
Regular Highways: $1,000 ($2.58)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $52,000 ($134.37)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $7,000 ($18.09)
Trenton government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $12,000 ($31.01)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $9,000 ($23.26)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $10,000 ($25.84)
Interest Earnings: $5,000 ($12.92)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $130,000 ($335.92)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $20,000 ($51.68)
Highways: $6,000 ($15.50)
- Tax - Property: $26,000 ($67.18)
NEC: $20,000 ($51.68)
Public Utilities: $1,000 ($2.58)
Trenton government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $111,000 ($286.82)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $98,000 ($253.23)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $13,000 ($33.59)
Trenton government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $270,000 ($697.67)
5.62% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($24,942 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Christian County, KY||1.13% ($24,711 average AGI)|
|from Montgomery County, TN||0.98% ($23,410)|
|from Logan County, KY||0.55% ($19,727)|
6.00% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,452 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Trenton:
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WJQI (540 AM; 1 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WCTZ (1550 AM; 3 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: WINSTON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEKT (1070 AM; 1 kW; ELKTON, KY; Owner: M & R BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRUS (610 AM; 2 kW; RUSSELLVILLE, KY; Owner: LOGAN RADIO INCORPORATED)
- WJMR (1370 AM; 1 kW; FORT CAMPBELL, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
- WJZM (1400 AM; 1 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: COMBERLAND RADIO PARTNERS, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
Strongest FM radio stations in Trenton:
- WUBT (101.1 FM; RUSSELLVILLE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVVR (100.3 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WNKJ (89.3 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: PENNYRILE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY, INC.)
- WZZP (97.5 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WCVQ (107.9 FM; FORT CAMPBELL, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WQXQ (101.9 FM; CENTRAL CITY, KY; Owner: STARLIGHT BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WQZQ-FM (102.5 FM; DICKSON, TN; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMAK (96.3 FM; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WGFX (104.5 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WRVW (107.5 FM; LEBANON, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSM-FM (95.5 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJXA (92.9 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WKDZ-FM (106.5 FM; CADIZ, KY; Owner: HAM BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WHOP-FM (98.7 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: HOP BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAPX-FM (91.7 FM; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WJOI-FM (94.3 FM; SPRINGFIELD, TN; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Trenton:
- WTVF (Channel 5; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NEWSCHANNEL 5 NETWORK, LP)
- WNPX (Channel 28; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUXP-TV (Channel 30; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WUXP LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKMA-TV (Channel 35; MADISONVILLE, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WSMV-TV (Channel 4; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- WZTV (Channel 17; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WZTV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WPGD (Channel 50; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WCKV-LP (Channel 49; CLARKSVILLE, ETC., TN; Owner: TN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WKAG-CA (Channel 43; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY NEW ERA, INC.)
Trenton fatal accident list:
Oct 28, 1997 06:00 AM, 0104, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 6, 1978 08:45 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- 4 Mi S On 104 (Lat: 36.672278 Lon: -87.296667), Call Sign: KNCW233, Licensee ID: L00559357
Assigned Frequencies: 152.915 MHz
Grant Date: 09/25/2002, Expiration Date: 12/09/2012, Cancellation Date: 02/09/2013
Registrant: Smith, James R:smith, J D Dba Smith Brothers, 3990 Clarksville Rd, Trenton, KY 42286
- 1.4 Mi S On Hwy 104 (Lat: 36.711444 Lon: -87.274444), Call Sign: KNDT483
Assigned Frequencies: 151.520 MHz
Grant Date: 07/14/2012, Expiration Date: 09/02/2022
Registrant: Pros Rf, 5219 Adairville Rd, Franklin, KY 42134-7500, Phone: (270) 908-4402, Fax: (786) 549-7864, Email:
- Rt 1 Trenton Ky Fm Elkton Ky W 68 (Lat: 36.799500 Lon: -87.255000), Call Sign: KZL817
Assigned Frequencies: 154.625 MHz
Grant Date: 05/24/2001, Expiration Date: 03/04/2011, Cancellation Date: 05/07/2011
Registrant: Hampton Bros, 3075 Tress Shop Rd, Trenton, KY 42286, Phone: (502) 466-5607
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KK4FKZ, Licensee ID: L01674173
Grant Date: 11/22/2011, Expiration Date: 11/22/2021, Cancellation Date: 12/13/2011, Certifier: Daniel W Smith
Registrant: Daniel W Smith, 5571 Old Trenton Rd, Trenton, KY 42286
- Call Sign: K4KQD, Previous Call Sign: KK4FKZ, Licensee ID: L01674173
Grant Date: 12/13/2011, Expiration Date: 12/13/2021, Certifier: Daniel W Smith
Registrant: Daniel W Smith, 5571 Old Trenton Rd, Trenton, KY 42286
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: CAMPBELL MARK R RANS S 12XL (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: BOMBARDIER ROTAX (ALL) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 110AR , Serial Number: 07950625, Year manufactured: 1996, Airworthiness Date: 05/25/1996
Registrant (Individual): Mark R Campbell, Po Box 297, Trenton, KY 42286
- Aircraft: BUCKEYE DREAM MACHINE (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 2648T , Serial Number: 3470, Year manufactured: 1997, Airworthiness Date: 10/05/2007
Registrant (Individual): David T Jones, 111 Lawson Poindexter Rd, Trenton, KY 42286
- Aircraft: HOHENSTEIN DUANE CONDOR (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 816DH , Serial Number: 931-980-2164
Registrant (Individual): Duane A Hohenstein, 465 Dogwood Ln, Trenton, KY 42286
- Aircraft: BEECH 35-C33 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 138 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR I0-470 SERIES (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8901U , Serial Number: CD-936, Year manufactured: 1965, Airworthiness Date: 03/21/1968
Registrant (Individual): Mark R Campbell, Po Box 317, Trenton, KY 42286
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Trenton, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Trenton, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Trenton on our top lists:
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Publishing, and motion picture and sound recording industries"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Hardware, plumbing and heating equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations:"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Jewelry, luggage, and leather goods stores"
- #81 (42286) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Swiss first ancestries"