Taos County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Click to draw/clear place borders
Notable locations in Tres Piedras: Wissmath Craters (A), Pina Game Water Unit (B), Sandoval (C), Chambers (D), Chiflo Game Water Unit (E), McGregor Antelope Guzzler Study Site (F), Maestas Antelope Guzzler Study Site (G), Tres Piedras District Ranger Office (H), Drake Ranch (I), Maestas Antelope Guzzler (J), McGreggor Antelope Guzzler (K), Rush (L), Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Historic Site (M), Howiri-Ouinge Historic Site (N), Tres Piedras Weather Station (O), Ojo Caliente Weather Station (P), Cerros de Taos Ranch (Q), Ojo Caliente Volunteer Fire Department (R), Tres Piedras Fire Department (S), Ojo Caliente (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Tres Piedras: Chapel of Santa Cruz de Ojo Caliente Historic Site (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Ojo Caliente Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Indian Lake (A), Cissell Lake (B), Wilson Lake (C), Punche Lake (D), Taoses Tank (E), Sertion Three Tank (F), Aquate Tank (G), Section Thirty One Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Scott Arroyo (A), Arroyo Hondo (B), Cañada de los Comanches (C), Cañada Embudo (D), Rito Cieneguilla (E), Tres Piedras Arroyo (F), Cañada Pueblo (G), Ashbury Arroyo (H), Arroyo Rancho (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Tres Piedras include: Pilar Historical Marker (1), Rio Grande Rift Historical Marker (2), Rio Grande Gorge Historical Marker (3), Pueblo Revolt Tricentennial Historical Marker (4), Ojo Caliente Historical Marker (5), Vasquez de Coronados Route Historical Marker (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This place: || 1.9 people|
|New Mexico: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This place: || 39.4%|
|Whole state: || 68.8%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This place: || 10.5%|
|Whole state: || 6.4%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Tres Piedras, NM
Tres Piedras compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (51%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Solar energy (13%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Electricity (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Taos County New Mexico:
Religion statistics for Tres Piedras (based on Taos County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 69.80%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||LDS (Mormon) Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Jewish|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Assemblies of God||Pentecostal Church of God||Churches of Christ||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Taos County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||1.44 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Taos County:||0.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Taos County:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.06 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||17.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|New Mexico:||6.4%|Adult obesity rate:
7.16% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($47,143 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||7.94%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.58% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($32,238 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||7.42%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tres Piedras:
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KDCE (950 AM; 4 kW; ESPANOLA, NM; Owner: RICHARD L. GARCIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KSWV (810 AM; 5 kW; SANTA FE, NM; Owner: LA VOZ BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KNMX (540 AM; 5 kW; LAS VEGAS, NM; Owner: SANGRE DE CRISTO B/DCASTING CO, INC)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KTRC (1260 AM; 5 kW; SANTA FE, NM; Owner: AGM NEVADA, LLC)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tres Piedras:
- KTAO (101.9 FM; TAOS, NM; Owner: TAOS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- K244DO (96.7 FM; ALAMOSA, ETC., CO; Owner: SAN LUIS VALLEY TELEVISION, INC.)
- KRZA (88.7 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: EQUAL REPRESENTATION/MEDIA ADVOCACY)
- KBOM (94.7 FM; SANTA FE, NM; Owner: AGM NEVADA, LLC)
- KKIT (99.1 FM; ANGEL FIRE, NM; Owner: DMC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K216CT (91.1 FM; EAGLE NEST, NM; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO)
- K212EG (90.3 FM; QUESTA, NM; Owner: BD. OF EDUCATION OF ALBUQUERQUE)
- KZNM (106.7 FM; LOS ALAMOS, NM; Owner: AGM NEVADA, LLC)
- KSFQ (101.1 FM; WHITE ROCK, NM; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KQBA (107.5 FM; LOS ALAMOS, NM; Owner: HUTTON MEDIA, L.L.C.)
- KRDR (90.1 FM; RED RIVER, NM; Owner: RED RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- K278AE (103.5 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: FRANK A. SHULTZ, III)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
- Located Near The Junction Of Us Hwy's 64 & 285 (Lat: 36.648361 Lon: -105.966694), Structure height: 19.2 m, Call Sign: KNKR309
Assigned Frequencies: 880.020 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 846.510 MHz
Cancellation Date: 06/24/1999
Registrant: John D. Pellegrin, 1140 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite 606, Washington, DC 20036
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Tres Piedras, NM
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town
FCC Registered Paging Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KC5LFT, Licensee ID: L00170913
Grant Date: 09/17/2004, Expiration Date: 12/09/2014, Certifier: Louis L Osborn
Registrant: Louis L Osborn, Tres Piedras, NM 87577
- Call Sign: KC5TAW, Licensee ID: L00217218
Grant Date: 11/30/2005, Expiration Date: 02/28/2016, Certifier: Diane T Osborn
Registrant: Diane T Osborn, Tres Piedras, NM 87577
- Call Sign: W5OEI, Licensee ID: L01458688
Grant Date: 01/13/2009, Expiration Date: 03/09/2019, Certifier: James F Cope
Registrant: James F Cope, Tres Piedras, NM 87577-0170
- Call Sign: WB5RMB
Grant Date: 07/10/1996, Expiration Date: 07/10/2006, Cancellation Date: 07/11/2008
Registrant: Bobby L Carey, Pob168, Tres Piedras, NM 87577
- Call Sign: WB5WGO
Grant Date: 03/08/1988, Expiration Date: 03/08/1998, Cancellation Date: 03/09/2000
Registrant: Lorraine H Carey, Tres Piedras, NM 87577
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: POWRACHUTE PEGASUS (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 7017J , Serial Number: A028PEG, Year manufactured: 2002, Airworthiness Date: 04/13/2007
Registrant (Individual): William L Allen, Po Box 105, Tres Piedras, NM 87577
Tres Piedras on our top lists:
- #57 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Kerry (Democrat) in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"