We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||33.9 years|
|Arkansas median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 72472.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $15,110 (it was $12,419 in 2000)
Trumann city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $83,477 (it was $47,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $466.
Races in Trumann, AR (2010)
- 6,45089.1%White alone
- 4796.6%Black alone
- 630.9%Two or more races
- 280.4%American Indian alone
- 230.3%Asian alone
- 60.08%Other race alone
|um ... so ... what about POCAHONTAS? (16 replies)|
|Need info about Trumann (10 replies)|
|arkansas southern? (75 replies)|
|What is Paragould like? (57 replies)|
|Can anyone tell me what Jonesboro is like? (31 replies)|
|Looking for my family in Truman (1 reply)|
Latest news from Trumann, AR collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (16.1%), United States (14.4%), German (13.2%), English (7.5%), Dutch (5.1%), French (1.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1917
Elevation: 225 feet
Land area: 4.79 square miles.
Population density: 1,495 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Trumann:
- High school or higher: 75.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Trumann city:
- Never married: 23.4%
- Now married: 48.9%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 16.6%
7 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Arkansas and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Trumann, Arkansas as of August 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Trumann to the number of sex offenders is 514 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $458 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $549 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (14.4 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (49.5 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (409.8 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Bay, AR (2.3 miles ), Lake City, AR (3.3 miles ), Lepanto, AR (3.4 miles ), Marked Tree, AR (3.4 miles ), Caraway, AR (3.5 miles ), Harrisburg, AR (3.7 miles ), Black Oak, AR (3.7 miles ), Jonesboro, AR (3.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 40 buildings, average cost: $72,800
- 1998: 40 buildings, average cost: $90,600
- 1999: 34 buildings, average cost: $108,500
- 2000: 37 buildings, average cost: $73,700
- 2001: 23 buildings, average cost: $94,200
- 2002: 23 buildings, average cost: $110,500
- 2003: 26 buildings, average cost: $88,800
- 2004: 33 buildings, average cost: $106,800
- 2005: 22 buildings, average cost: $97,500
- 2006: 37 buildings, average cost: $118,400
- 2007: 22 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2008: 21 buildings, average cost: $130,000
- 2009: 20 buildings, average cost: $81,100
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.68 N, Longitude: 90.52 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -258 (-3.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 943 (38.4%)
Area code: 870
|Crime rates in Trumann by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 291.3)||923.3||989.0||315.5||635.9||535.1||797.9||580.5||465.8||585.9||626.3||675.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Trumann detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.51|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +496 (+7.8%).
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Construction (18%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (30%)
- Retail trade (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (17%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (19%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Trumann, Arkansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Trumann-area historical tornado activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 123% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/26/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.9 miles away from the Trumann city center killed 3 people and injured 289 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/1/1997, a category F4 tornado 20.1 miles away from the city center caused $30,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Trumann-area historical earthquake activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 11.1 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 72.7 miles away from Trumann center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 47.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 01:00:11, a magnitude 4.5 (4.1 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 5.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 116.8 miles away from Trumann center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 240.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Poinsett County (20) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 17
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 14, Floods: 12, Tornadoes: 7, Winter Storms: 4, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Pete Mead - Boxer and businessman, Joe Hollimon - Player of and football.
Hospitals and medical centers in Trumann:
- ROSE CARE CENTER OF TRUMANN (333 MELODY DR)
- TRUMANN HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (333 MELODY DRIVE)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Trumann:
- CRITTENDEN REGIONAL HOSPITAL HOME HEALTH-MARKED TR (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; MARKED TREE, AR)
- DAVITA - MARKED TREE DX (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; MARKED TREE, AR)
- JONESBORO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CENTER (Hospital, about 12 miles away; JONESBORO, AR)
- CRAIGHEAD NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; JONESBORO, AR)
- ST ELIZABETH'S PLACE (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; JONESBORO, AR)
- NEA BAPTIST CLINIC (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; JONESBORO, AR)
- CARAWAY NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; CARAWAY, AR)
Airports located in Trumann:
- Jaynes Field Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Trumann:
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 15 miles; Jonesboro, AR; Full-time enrollment: 12,323)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 47 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- Rhodes College (about 47 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 2,052)
- University of Memphis (about 50 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 17,427)
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 69 miles; Dyersburg, TN; FT enrollment: 2,211)
- Harding University (about 75 miles; Searcy, AR; FT enrollment: 5,360)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 77 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
Public high school in Trumann:
Public elementary/middle schools in Trumann:
Notable locations in Trumann: Trumann City Hall (A), Melody Nursing Home (B), Campbell Civic Center (C), Trumann Fire Station (D), Trumann Police Department (E), Trumann Ambulance Service, Incorporated (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: North Mart Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Trumann include: First United Methodist Church (A), First United Pentecostal Church (B), Viva Drive Church of Christ (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Trumann include: North Side Park (1), Ozark Street Park (2), West Side Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Days Inn Trumann AR (400 Commerce Drive), Willow Pointe Inn (1137 Highway 69 W).
Court: Trumann City - Court Clerk (100 North Crest Avenue).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2003 was 55.8. This is better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 11.8. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 15.5 miles away from the city center.
(25.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 79.7% for Black residents, 82.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 88.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
88 people in nursing homes in 2000
Trumann compared to Arkansas state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Trumann (2011 data):
- First Delta Bank: Trumann Branch at 445 Hwy 463 South, branch established on 1999/04/05. Info updated 2011/07/13: Bank assets: $68.0 mil, Deposits: $61.9 mil, headquarters in Marked Tree, AR, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Tyronza Bancshares, Inc.
- Southern Bancorp Bank: Trumann Branch at 326 Highway 463 North, branch established on 2010/05/17. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $1,146.8 mil, Deposits: $966.8 mil, headquarters in Arkadelphia, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 40 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Bancorp, Inc
- UNICO Bank: Trumann Branch at 514 Industrial Drive, branch established on 2006/01/27. Info updated 2010/08/16: Bank assets: $229.8 mil, Deposits: $201.8 mil, headquarters in Mineral Point, MO, positive income, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Washco Bancshares, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Trumann Branch at 825 Highway 463 North, branch established on 1952/07/01. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (55%)
- Electricity (43%)
- Wood (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Trumann city (based on Poinsett County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Poinsett County:||3.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||2.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Poinsett County:||6.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||6||$8,199|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||5||$3,044|
|Police Protection - Officers||22||$62,855||$34,285||0||$0|
|Police - Other||8||$19,916||$29,874||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||9||$22,472||$29,963||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$14,277||$34,265||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,684||$32,208||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||54||$147,119||$32,693||11||$11,243|
Trumann government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $815,000 ($113.91)
Police Protection: $669,000 ($93.50)
Sewerage: $272,000 ($38.02)
Fire Protection: $228,000 ($31.87)
Regular Highways: $218,000 ($30.47)
Central Staff Services: $215,000 ($30.05)
General Public Buildings: $101,000 ($14.12)
Parks & Recreation: $94,000 ($13.14)
Libraries: $24,000 ($3.35)
- General - Interest on Debt: $324,000 ($45.28)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $852,000 ($119.08)
Trumann government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $339,000 ($47.38)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $457,000 ($63.87)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $345,000 ($48.22)
Interest Earnings: $335,000 ($46.82)
Rents: $4,000 ($0.56)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $509,000 ($71.14)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $310,000 ($43.33)
General Support: $110,000 ($15.37)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $455,000 ($63.59)
Public Utilities: $278,000 ($38.85)
Property: $224,000 ($31.31)
NEC: $45,000 ($6.29)
Trumann government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $3,485,000 ($487.07)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $3,751,000 ($524.25)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $3,513,000 ($490.99)
Industrial Revenue: $3,105,000 ($433.96)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $380,000 ($53.11)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $238,000 ($33.26)
Trumann government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,979,000 ($276.59)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $3,524,000 ($492.52)
6.17% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($25,235 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Craighead County, AR||2.29% ($26,565 average AGI)|
|from Crittenden County, AR||0.41% ($25,719)|
|from Mississippi County, AR||0.39% ($34,267)|
6.26% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,043 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Trumann:
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- WHBQ (560 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KWAM (990 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KBTM (1230 AM; 1 kW; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WREC (600 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNEA (970 AM; 1 kW; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KLCN (910 AM; 5 kW; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Trumann:
- KFIN (107.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KJBX (106.7 FM; TRUMANN, AR; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ARKANSAS, LLC)
- WYPL (89.3 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS/SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY & INFO CNTR.)
- KIYS (101.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ,CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KASU (91.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KDXY (104.9 FM; LAKE CITY, AR; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ARKANSAS, LLC)
- KJBR (93.7 FM; MARKED TREE, AR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KDEZ (100.5 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ARKANSAS, LLC)
- KBZR (95.9 FM; HARRISBURG, AR; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KAOG (90.5 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KDRS-FM (107.1 FM; PARAGOULD, AR; Owner: MOR MEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Trumann:
- KVTJ (Channel 48; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: AGAPE CHURCH, INC.)
- KAIT (Channel 8; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- K46EM (Channel 46; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTEJ (Channel 19; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- K54ER (Channel 54; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 26m85ftTotal length
- 27,700Total average daily traffic
- 277Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Trumann)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- 109 Spruce Dr (Lat: 35.676750 Lon: -90.504278), Call Sign: KNBJ872, Licensee ID: L00009758
Assigned Frequencies: 153.755 MHz
Grant Date: 06/09/2001, Expiration Date: 08/06/2011, Cancellation Date: 10/08/2011
Registrant: City Of Trumann, Po Drawer 433, Trumann, AR 72472-0433, Phone: (501) 483-5223
- Lat: 35.674722 Lon: -90.513611, Call Sign: WPXF780
Assigned Frequencies: 461.450 MHz, 461.637 MHz
Grant Date: 01/19/2013, Expiration Date: 03/25/2023, Certifier: Richard Smith
Registrant: Jonesboro Communications, Inc., 111 West Parker, Jonesboro, AR 72404, Phone: (870) 935-3963, Fax: (870) 935-9457
- Lat: 35.536139 Lon: -90.590556, Call Sign: WQBJ893
Assigned Frequencies: 159.495 MHz
Grant Date: 10/22/2004, Expiration Date: 10/22/2014, Certifier: Stephen Wray
Registrant: Poinsett Communications, Inc., 2100 Wingate Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72404, Phone: (870) 933-9284, Fax: (870) 933-9284, Email:
- Lat: 35.552083 Lon: -90.515306, Call Sign: WQBL819
Assigned Frequencies: 157.725 MHz
Grant Date: 11/02/2004, Expiration Date: 11/02/2014, Certifier: Larry Wray
Registrant: Poinsett Communications, Inc., 2100 Wingate Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72404-0600, Phone: (870) 933-9284, Fax: (870) 933-9284, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Trumann)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Trumann)
FAA Registered Aircraft:7 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 95
- Hazardous Condition: 11
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 15
Incident types - Trumann
|Most common first names in Trumann, AR among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Trumann, AR among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Trumann, AR|
|Days Inn||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Trumann on our top lists:
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Furniture and related products (population 5,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Retail sales workers except cashiers (population 5,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Miscellaneous manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Furniture and related products (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Water transportation (population 5,000+)"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of burglaries in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"