Tule Lake, California
Tule Lake: Grain Elevator.....
Tule Lake: Irrigating........
Tule Lake: Trails thru the lava allowed the Modocs to shift forces & fend off attacks from different directions...
Tule Lake: Modoc Medicine Flag overlooking Captain Jack's Stronghold where in 1872, 60 Modoc Warriors held off a US Calvary force for three months.....
Tule Lake: Looking west from the Stronghold, Mt Shasta in the distance....
Tule Lake: The Troopers charged up this hill in the first assault losing 37...The Modocs, firing from above, lost none....
Tule Lake: The Stronghold is a rabbit warren of caves & tunnels which the Modocs used to great advantage against a force 20 times their number...
Tule Lake: Haybales......
Tule Lake: Greenery.......
Tule Lake: Modoc Dance Circle, which became a firing position during the siege....
Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the World
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|California median age:||33.3 years|
Zip code: 96134
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $17,284 (it was $13,654 in 2000)
Tule Lake CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $165,391 (it was $67,600 in 2000)
Races in Tule Lake, CA (2000)
- 78168.0%White alone
- 292.5%Two or more races
- 70.6%American Indian alone
- 50.4%Black alone
- 20.2%Asian alone
- 20.2%Other race alone
- 10.09%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
- A few numbers about alcohol consumption Aug 11
- High-paid finance jobs are moving outside of large cities Aug 9
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 421.5 square miles.
Population density: 2.6 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Tule Lake:
- High school or higher: 71.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 11.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tule Lake CCD:
- Never married: 17.4%
- Now married: 65.8%
- Separated: 3.9%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 9.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Tule Lake CCD:||0.7% ($479)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Medford, OR (86.5 miles , pop. 63,154).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Sacramento, CA (223.2 miles , pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (556.3 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Newell, CA (2.7 miles ), Tulelake, CA (3.7 miles ), Malin, OR (4.0 miles ), Merrill, OR (4.6 miles ), Bonanza, OR (5.4 miles ), Butte Valley, CA (5.6 miles ), Dorris, CA (5.7 miles ), Tennant, CA (5.7 miles) .
Latitude: 41.78 N, Longitude: 121.35 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (31%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (14%)
- Construction (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (22%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Private households (6%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (18%)
- Farmers and farm managers (14%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (20%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (9%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (3%)
Average climate in Tule Lake, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Tule Lake-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below California state average. It is 489% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 275.9 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 219.2 miles away from Tule Lake center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 231.1 miles away from the city center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 159.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 173.0 miles away from Tule Lake center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 1/22/1923 at 09:04:18, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 225.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Modoc County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 5, Landslides: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tule Lake:
- Oregon Institute of Technology (about 40 miles; Klamath Falls, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,900)
- Southern Oregon University (about 75 miles; Ashland, OR; FT enrollment: 4,650)
- Shasta College (about 95 miles; Redding, CA; FT enrollment: 5,645)
- Rogue Community College (about 114 miles; Grants Pass, OR; FT enrollment: 3,600)
- California State University-Chico (about 145 miles; Chico, CA; FT enrollment: 14,838)
- Butte College (about 149 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 8,649)
- Humboldt State University (about 156 miles; Arcata, CA; FT enrollment: 7,353)
Public high schools in Tule Lake:
Public elementary/middle schools in Tule Lake:
- TULELAKE BASIN ELEMENTARY (Students: 148, Location: 461 SECOND ST., Grades: KG-6)
- MODOC COUNTY COMMUNITY - TULELAKE (Location: 461 SECOND ST., Grades: KG-6)
Private elementary/middle school in Tule Lake:
- PEDRO VALLEY SCHOOL (Students: 6, Location: E ST & MODOC AVE, Grades: KG-2)
Notable locations in Tule Lake: Area of Modoc War Fortifications (A), Timber Mountain Ranch (B), East Wildlife Overlook (C), Old Camp One (D), Dry Lake Forest Service Station (E), Chandler Ranch (F), Holbrook Ranch (G), Jim Horn Ranch (H), Ainshea Butte (I), Dry Lake Guard Station (J), Mike Faine Ranch (K), Battle of Dry Lake 1873 (L), Battle of Lands Ranch (M), Battle of Scorpion Point (N), Old Elliot Ranch (O), Big Crack (P), Liskey (Q), Area of War Fortifications (R), Dalton Ranch (S). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Harvey Lake (A), Upper Mud Lake (B), Mud Lake (C), Dry Lake (D), Mud Lake (E), Sage Lake (F), Mason Reservoir (G), Clear Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2008 was 10.5. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 6.77. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.6 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tule Lake CCD (based on Modoc County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Modoc County:||6.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Modoc County:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
6.25% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,000 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Shasta County, CA||0.76% ($16,273 average AGI)|
7.65% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,853 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tule Lake:
- KKJX (960 AM; 5 kW; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KTMT (580 AM; 10 kW; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KAGO (1150 AM; 5 kW; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KCFJ (570 AM; 5 kW; ALTURAS, CA; Owner: EDI MEDIA, INC.)
- KAPL (1300 AM; 20 kW; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: APPLEGATE MEDIA, INC.)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KGRV (700 AM; 25 kW; WINSTON, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRTA (610 AM; 5 kW; MEDFORD, OR; Owner: OPUS BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tule Lake:
- KKRB (106.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: WYNNE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KYSF (102.9 FM; BONANZA, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KSKF (90.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: ST OF OREGON ACT BY ST BOARD OF HIGH ED)
- K210BY (89.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- KLMF (88.5 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: THE STATE BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION)
- KFLS-FM (96.5 FM; TULELAKE, CA; Owner: WYNNE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KLAD-FM (92.5 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KKLJ (88.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KFEG (104.7 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: COVE ROAD PUBLISHING LLC)
- K235AG (94.9 FM; DORRIS, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KRAT (97.7 FM; ALTAMONT, OR; Owner: GEORGE J. WADE)
- KNSQ (88.1 FM; MOUNT SHASTA, CA; Owner: STATE OF ORE./STATE BD. OF HGR. ED.)
- KAKT (105.1 FM; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTMT-FM (93.7 FM; MEDFORD, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KNTK (102.3 FM; WEED, CA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K207BU (89.3 FM; YREKA, CA; Owner: SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY)
- K216CM (91.1 FM; BIEBER, CA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION)
- KNYR (91.3 FM; YREKA, CA; Owner: STATE OF OREGON/STATE BD/OREGON STAT)
- KSYC-FM (103.9 FM; YREKA, CA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS BROACASTING, INC.)
- K214BS (90.7 FM; YREKA, CA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Tule Lake:
- K13IV (Channel 13; NEWELL, TULELAKE, CA; Owner: NORTHERN CALIF. EDUC'L. TV ASSN.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- $521,000Total costs
- 100Total average daily traffic
- 1Total average daily truck traffic
- 153Total future (year 2036) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: K6TLL, Licensee ID: L00146357, Grant Date: 01/29/2007, Expiration Date: 04/23/2017, Certifier: James E Havlina, Registrant: James E Havlina, Bently Rd, Tule Lake, CA 96134
- Call Sign: K7MAL, Grant Date: 12/14/1993, Expiration Date: 12/14/2003, Cancellation Date: 12/15/2005, Registrant: Joe F Yoerger, Tule Lake, CA 96134
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (38%)
- Wood (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (15%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Tule Lake compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.