We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.5 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05077.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $31,612 (it was $19,934 in 2000)
Tunbridge town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $222,726 (it was $112,100 in 2000)
Races in Tunbridge, VT (2010)
- 1,25397.6%White alone
- 90.7%Black alone
- 90.7%Two or more races
- 50.4%American Indian alone
- 20.2%Asian alone
- 10.08%Other race alone
|Moving to Newport Vt from NV and wanted a bit more info :) (33 replies)|
|Randolph, Quechee, Upper Valley (22 replies)|
|What is your favorite Vermont event? (15 replies)|
|Is Vermont somewhere for college students, immigrants or non-white Americans? (15 replies)|
|loved Burlington, but...... (65 replies)|
|Florida to Vermont (5 replies)|
Latest news from Tunbridge, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (33.8%), Irish (18.9%), German (12.5%), French (11.0%), United States (6.1%), Italian (3.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 575 feet
Land area: 44.7 square miles.
Population density: 29 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Tunbridge:
- High school or higher: 84.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.3%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tunbridge town:
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 58.6%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 8.7%
18 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Tunbridge, Vermont as of December 11, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Tunbridge to the number of sex offenders is 321 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Tunbridge town:||1.1% ($1,267)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (81.9 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (130.0 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (222.7 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: South Royalton, VT (2.4 miles ), Strafford, VT (2.4 miles ), Chelsea, VT (2.5 miles ), Royalton, VT (2.6 miles ), Randolph, VT (2.6 miles ), Bethel, VT (3.0 miles ), Vershire, VT (3.0 miles ), Sharon, VT (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 43.90 N, Longitude: 72.49 W
Area code: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Lumber and other construction materials merchant wholesalers (3%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Health care (15%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (4%)
- Electricians (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Business operations specialists (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
Average climate in Tunbridge, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tunbridge-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/11/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 20.5 miles away from the Tunbridge town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1973, a category F2 tornado 35.3 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Tunbridge-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 92.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 73.3 miles away from Tunbridge center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 52.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 72.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 39.0 miles away from Tunbridge center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 88.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orange County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 15, Storms: 14, Tropical Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Samuel H. Smith (Latter Day Saints) - Christian missionary.
Amtrak stations near Tunbridge:
- 9 miles: RANDOLPH (DEPOT SQ.) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, public transit connection.
- 20 miles: WHITE RIVER JUNCTION (RAILROAD ROW) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tunbridge:
- Dartmouth College (about 17 miles; Hanover, NH; Full-time enrollment: 6,030)
- Norwich University (about 19 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Middlebury College (about 36 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- Castleton State College (about 41 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Plymouth State University (about 41 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Saint Michael's College (about 54 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Champlain College (about 54 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
Public elementary/middle school in Tunbridge:
- TUNBRIDGE CENTRAL SCHOOL (Students: 126, Location: 523 VT ROUTE 110, Grades: PK-8)
Notable locations in Tunbridge: Tunbridge Public Library (A), Tunbridge Volunteer Fire Department, Incorporated (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Ordway Cemetery (1), Riddall Cemetery (2), Whitney Hill Cemetery (3), Ward Hill Cemetery (4), Tunbridge Village Cemetery (5), Strafford Road Cemetery (6), Spring Road Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Tunbridge Trout Pond (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bicknell Brook (A), Dickerman Brook (B), Farnham Branch (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 63.3. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 25.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 17.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 6.16. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tunbridge town (based on Orange County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orange County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||7.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
6.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,737 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washington County, VT||1.42% ($29,382 average AGI)|
|from Windsor County, VT||0.99% ($32,300)|
|from Grafton County, NH||0.70% ($32,424)|
6.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,548 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tunbridge:
- WWWT (1320 AM; 1 kW; RANDOLPH, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSYB (1380 AM; 5 kW; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tunbridge:
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WCVR-FM (102.1 FM; RANDOLPH, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRJT (103.1 FM; ROYALTON, VT; Owner: LISBON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WJEN (94.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCMD (89.9 FM; BARRE, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Tunbridge:
- W15BK (Channel 15; HANOVER, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- Tunbridge, Vermont
- Fatal accident count10
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents11
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:9
- Persons involved in fatal accidents15
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents0
- Vermont average
- Fatal accident count54
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents75
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons23
- Persons involved in fatal accidents132
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents3
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 27m89ftTotal length
- $3,832,000Total costs
- 6,530Total average daily traffic
- 298Total average daily truck traffic
- 9,130Total future (year 2018) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Rt 110 Cilley Residence (Lat: 43.894500 Lon: -72.487889), Call Sign: KFY428
Assigned Frequencies: 45.3200 MHzGrant Date: 10/30/2003, Expiration Date: 08/10/2013, Cancellation Date: 10/12/2013Registrant: Universal Licensing Service, 3419 Via Lido 609, Newport Beach, CA 92663-3908, Phone: (877) 677-3639, Fax: (949) 515-2544
- Lat: 43.889778 Lon: -72.492889, Call Sign: WQUY718
Assigned Frequencies: 173.275 MHzGrant Date: 11/18/2014, Expiration Date: 11/18/2024, Certifier: John DurkeeRegistrant: Cara Enterprises Inc, Las Vegas, NV 89140-0124, Phone: (702) 838-9728, Fax: (702) 363-4607, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: K1MOQ, Licensee ID: L00181052, Grant Date: 09/13/2006, Expiration Date: 12/06/2016, Certifier: Frank H Duffy, Registrant: Frank H Duffy, 256 Monarch Hill Rd, Tunbridge, VT 05077
- Call Sign: N1BYG, Licensee ID: L00181054, Grant Date: 09/08/2006, Expiration Date: 12/06/2016, Certifier: Heidelise Als, Registrant: Heidelise Als, 256 Monarch Hill Rd, Tunbridge, VT 05077
- Call Sign: N1BZT, Licensee ID: L00181057, Grant Date: 03/12/1999, Expiration Date: 03/12/2009, Cancellation Date: 03/15/2011, Registrant: Victoria C Duffy, Spring Rd Box 34, Tunbridge, VT 05077
- Call Sign: N1YYJ, Licensee ID: L01266957, Grant Date: 04/09/2007, Expiration Date: 04/14/2017, Certifier: Henry S Swayze, Registrant: Henry S Swayze, 47 Swayze Rd, Tunbridge, VT 05077
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 1416U , Serial Number: 17267084, Year manufactured: 1976, Airworthiness Date: 04/15/1976
Registrant (Co-Owned): Elizabeth H Eddy, 46 Gould Rd, Tunbridge, VT 05077, Other Owners: Peter M White
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 11
- Hazardous Condition: 5
Incident types - Tunbridge
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (45%)
- Wood (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (22%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
- Electricity (1%)
Tunbridge compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Total of 18 patent applications in 2008-2018.