Tuolumne City, California
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||50.5 years|
|California median age:||35.7 years|
Zip codes: 95379.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,342 (it was $16,567 in 2000)
Tuolumne City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $219,950 (it was $116,600 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $557.
Races in Tuolumne City, CA (2010)
- 1,43880.8%White alone
- 593.3%American Indian alone
- 522.9%Two or more races
- 120.7%Asian alone
- 70.4%Black alone
- 40.2%Other race alone
- 10.06%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
|Moving to the Sierra Nevada foothills -- but where?? (25 replies)|
|Recommendations for best places to start a farm east of Sacramento...El Dorado County? (15 replies)|
|Hunting in Zones D3-5 & 6 (8 replies)|
Latest news from Tuolumne City, CA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (19.9%), English (10.5%), Italian (8.4%), French (5.5%), Irish (5.0%), Polish (3.1%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 2575 feet
Land area: 2.33 square miles.
Population density: 764 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Tuolumne City:
- High school or higher: 90.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 9.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tuolumne City CDP:
- Never married: 28.2%
- Now married: 43.9%
- Separated: 4.8%
- Widowed: 9.9%
- Divorced: 13.3%
44 residents are foreign born (1.4% Latin America, 1.2% Asia, 0.7% North America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,289 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,272 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Turlock, CA (46.0 miles , pop. 55,810).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Stockton, CA (58.0 miles , pop. 243,771).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (287.6 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Soulsbyville, CA (1.6 miles ), Mono Vista, CA (2.0 miles ), East Sonora-Phoenix Lake, CA (2.1 miles ), Phoenix Lake, CA (2.3 miles ), Phoenix Lake-Cedar Ridge, CA (2.3 miles ), Twain Harte, CA (2.3 miles ), East Sonora, CA (2.5 miles ), Mi-Wuk Village, CA (2.7 miles ).
Latitude: 37.96 N, Longitude: 120.24 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (20%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (30%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Other services, except public administration (17%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (24%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (21%)
- Management occupations (16%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (14%)
- Community and social service occupations (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (4%)
- Personal care and service occupations (22%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (11%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
Average climate in Tuolumne City, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Tuolumne City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above California state average. It is 810% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 150.7 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 216.1 miles away from Tuolumne City center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 123.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/18/1989 at 00:04:15, a magnitude 7.1 (6.5 MB, 7.1 MS, 6.9 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 102.7 miles away from the city center, causing 62 deaths (62 shaking deaths) and 3757 injuries, causing $1,305,032,704 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 228.7 miles away from Tuolumne City center
On 11/4/1927 at 13:51:53, a magnitude 7.5 (7.5 UK) earthquake occurred 215.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Tuolumne County (9) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 4, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Tuolumne City:
- SONORA REGIONAL HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION (Hospital, about 8 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SONORA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 8 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- AVALON CARE CENTER-SONORA (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- TUOLUMNE GENERAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 8 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SATELLITE DIALYSIS SONORA (Dialysis Facility, about 9 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SONORA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER D/P SNF (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; SONORA, CA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tuolumne City:
- University of California-Merced (about 43 miles; Merced, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,981)
- California State University-Stanislaus (about 46 miles; Turlock, CA; FT enrollment: 7,054)
- Merced College (about 46 miles; Merced, CA; FT enrollment: 6,973)
- Modesto Junior College (about 48 miles; Modesto, CA; FT enrollment: 10,635)
- University of the Pacific (about 59 miles; Stockton, CA; FT enrollment: 4,999)
- San Joaquin Delta College (about 59 miles; Stockton, CA; FT enrollment: 12,167)
- Folsom Lake College (about 69 miles; Folsom, CA; FT enrollment: 5,308)
Public high schools in Tuolumne City:
- SUMMERVILLE HIGH (Students: 322, Location: 17555 TUOLUMNE RD., Grades: 9-12)
- CONNECTIONS VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY (Students: 148, Location: 17555 TUOLUMNE RD., Grades: 7-12, Charter school)
- TUOLUMNE HIGH (CONTINUATION) (Students: 5, Location: 17555 TUOLUMNE RD., Grades: 9-12)
- SOUTH FORK HIGH (Students: 2, Location: 25611 LYONS DAM RD., Grades: 9-12)
- SIERRA COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 1, Location: 17555 TUOLUMNE RD., Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Tuolumne City:
Public elementary/middle school in Tuolumne City:
- SUMMERVILLE ELEMENTARY (Students: 262, Location: 18451 CARTER ST., Grades: KG-8)
Private elementary/middle school in Tuolumne City:
Notable locations in Tuolumne City: Memorial Hall (A), Tuolumne City Fire Protection District 73 (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Tuolumne City include: Community Assembly of God Church (A), Pentecostal Church of God (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Tuolumne Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Tuolumne City: Tuolumne Memorial Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 11.3. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2005 was 0.316. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 53.7. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 7.0 miles away from the city center.
(29.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 46.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 30.0% for American Indian residents, 23.0% for two or more races residents)
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
18 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tuolumne City CDP (based on Tuolumne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Tuolumne County:||2.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tuolumne County:||1.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||0.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tuolumne County:||3.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Tuolumne City, CA Residents
5.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,490 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($205 average AGI)
Tuolumne County: 0.06% California average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Stanislaus County, CA||0.56% ($45,327 average AGI)|
|from Calaveras County, CA||0.40% ($33,105)|
|from Alameda County, CA||0.39% ($58,149)|
5.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,608 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tuolumne City:
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KVML (1450 AM; 1 kW; SONORA, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tuolumne City:
- KXSR (91.7 FM; GROVELAND, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SACRAMENTO)
- KKBN (93.5 FM; TWAIN HARTE, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KCVR-FM (98.9 FM; COLUMBIA, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KZSQ-FM (92.7 FM; SONORA, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHOP (95.1 FM; OAKDALE, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KEFR (89.9 FM; LE GRAND, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KUBB (96.3 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF MONTEREY INC)
- KCIV (99.9 FM; MOUNT BULLION, CA; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KMPO (88.7 FM; MODESTO, CA; Owner: RADIO BILINGUE, INC.)
- K214CT (90.7 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KDJK (103.9 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KAMB (101.5 FM; MERCED, CA; Owner: CENTRAL VALLEY BROADCASTING CO. INC.)
- KBYN (95.9 FM; ARNOLD, CA; Owner: KBYN, INC.)
- KSVL (92.3 FM; SMITH, NV; Owner: DONEGAL ENTERPRISES)
- KWYL (102.9 FM; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KRVR (105.5 FM; COPPEROPOLIS, CA; Owner: THRESHOLD COMMUNICATIONS)
- KHTN (104.7 FM; LOS BANOS, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KCFA (106.1 FM; ARNOLD, CA; Owner: KCFA, INC.)
- KABX-FM (97.5 FM; MERCED, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K238AC (95.5 FM; SALIDA, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Tuolumne City:
- KMMK-LP (Channel 14; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: CABALLERO TELEVISION TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- $210,000Total costs
- 40Total average daily traffic
- 60Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (43%)
- Wood (31%)
- Electricity (21%)
- Utility gas (5%)
Tuolumne City compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.