We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54124.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,324 (it was $16,503 in 2000)
Underhill town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $116,316 (it was $65,800 in 2000)
Races in Underhill, WI (2010)
- 77688.0%White alone
- 465.2%American Indian alone
- 222.5%Two or more races
- 10.1%Asian alone
- 10.1%Other race alone
Latest news from Underhill, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (58.2%), Norwegian (6.5%), English (5.9%), Swedish (5.9%), French (5.8%), Polish (5.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 800 feet
Land area: 35.1 square miles.
Population density: 25 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Underhill:
- High school or higher: 73.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.6%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Underhill town:
- Never married: 17.0%
- Now married: 66.2%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 10.8%
4 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Underhill town:||1.6% ($1,024)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (33.6 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Milwaukee, WI (129.8 miles , pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (214.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pulcifer, WI (2.3 miles) , Cecil, WI (2.5 miles ), Gillett, WI (2.5 miles ), Legend Lake, WI (2.5 miles ), How, WI (2.7 miles ), Suring, WI (2.8 miles ), Green Valley, WI (2.8 miles ), Wescott, WI (2.9 miles ).
Latitude: 44.90 N, Longitude: 88.43 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Construction (16%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (7%)
- Food (6%)
- Transportation equipment (6%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Paper (5%)
- Health care (15%)
- Wood products (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Paper (4%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in Underhill, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Underhill-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Wisconsin state average. It is 14% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/19/1968, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 21.5 miles away from the Underhill town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F4 tornado 31.6 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Underhill-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 238.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 431.3 miles away from Underhill center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 373.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 468.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 365.4 miles away from Underhill center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 225.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Oconto County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Underhill:
- WOODLANDS OF GILLETT (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; GILLETT, WI)
- WOODLAND VILLAGE HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; SURING, WI)
- WOODLAND VILLAGE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; SURING, WI)
- BIRCH HILL CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; SHAWANO, WI)
- EVERGREEN CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; SHAWANO, WI)
- MANORCARE HEALTH SERVICES-SHAWANO (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; SHAWANO, WI)
- FMC - SHAWANO (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; SHAWANO, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Underhill:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 31 miles; Green Bay, WI; Full-time enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 36 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
- Saint Norbert College (about 37 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 43 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 44 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 60 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 61 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
Notable locations in Underhill: Milk-N-More Farms (A), Underhill Township Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Underhill Cemetery (1), Mosling Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Schutt Lake (A), Berry Lake (B), Warington Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Linzy Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Underhill town (based on Oconto County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Oconto County:||1.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oconto County:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.07% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,644 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Brown County, WI||2.11% ($39,305 average AGI)|
|from Marinette County, WI||0.52% ($34,750)|
|from Shawano County, WI||0.27% ($28,071)|
5.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,457 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Underhill:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCH (960 AM; 1 kW; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WNFL (1440 AM; 5 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Underhill:
- WOWN (99.3 FM; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WRVM (102.7 FM; SURING, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WIXX (101.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQLH (98.5 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPNE-FM (89.3 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WOZZ (93.5 FM; NEW LONDON, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WHID (88.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: BD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV OF WI SYS)
- WEMY (91.5 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EVANGEL MINISTRIES, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Underhill:
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- WBAY-TV (Channel 2; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF GREEN BAY, INC.)
- WLUK-TV (Channel 11; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRV-TV (Channel 5; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPNE (Channel 38; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WGBA (Channel 26; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: ARIES TELECOMMUNICATION CORPORATION)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- $1,092,000Total costs
- 2,950Total average daily traffic
- 3,245Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (52%)
- Utility gas (18%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (15%)
- Wood (12%)
- Electricity (3%)
Underhill compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.