We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.7 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $26,269 (it was $21,518 in 2000)
Utica town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $180,359 (it was $122,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $163,312; Detached houses: $168,627; Townhouses or other attached units: $153,507; In 2-unit structures: $123,111; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $132,061; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $86,477; Mobile homes: $38,585
Races in Utica, WI (2010)
- 1,26197.1%White alone
- 100.8%Asian alone
- 50.4%American Indian alone
- 30.2%Two or more races
- 10.08%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
Latest news from Utica, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (59.8%), English (12.8%), Irish (11.9%), Polish (6.8%), Welsh (5.1%), Norwegian (4.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 35.9 square miles.
Population density: 36 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Utica:
- High school or higher: 85.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 0.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Utica town:
- Never married: 17.2%
- Now married: 71.7%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 5.3%
8 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Utica town:||1.5% ($1,890)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Oshkosh, WI (9.2 miles , pop. 62,916).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (69.6 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (154.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Waukau, WI (2.2 miles ), Nekimi, WI (2.4 miles ), Nepeuskun, WI (2.5 miles ), Omro, WI (2.6 miles ), Rushford, WI (2.8 miles ), Eldorado, WI (3.0 miles ), Oshkosh, WI (3.0 miles ), Rosendale, WI (3.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $13,800
- 2004: 9 buildings, average cost: $106,200
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $157,000
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $389,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.95 N, Longitude: 88.70 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 920
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Construction (14%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Machinery (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Plastics and rubber products (3%)
- Truck transportation (3%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Health care (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Transportation equipment (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Utica, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Utica-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 53% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/18/1996, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 17.5 miles away from the Utica town center injured 12 people and caused $40 million in damages.
On 4/3/1956, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.6 miles away from the town center killed 7 people and injured 50 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Utica-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 382.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 172.2 miles away from Utica center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 357.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 323.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 380.9 miles away from Utica center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 414.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Winnebago County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Utica:
- FMC DIALYSIS - OSHKOSH (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
- OMRO CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; OMRO, WI)
- MERCY MED CTR OF OSHKOSH Acute Care Hospitals (about 7 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
- MERCY MEDICAL CTR SUBACUTE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
- RESCARE HOME CARE WISCONSIN, INC (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
- AURORA MED CTR OSHKOSH Acute Care Hospitals (about 8 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
- BETHEL HOME (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; OSHKOSH, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Utica:
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 10 miles; Oshkosh, WI; Full-time enrollment: 10,637)
- Moraine Park Technical College (about 18 miles; Fond du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 3,079)
- Marian University (about 19 miles; Fond Du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 2,045)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 27 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 27 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Lakeland College (about 42 miles; Plymouth, WI; FT enrollment: 2,395)
- Saint Norbert College (about 47 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
Notable locations in Utica: Hilltop Acres (A), Radloff Dairy Farm (B), Fritz Farm (C), Gizmo Farm (D), Bradley Farm (E), Bradbo Farm (F), Fisher Farms (G), Maple Lane Farm (H), Utica Volunteer Fire Department and First Responders (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Liberty Prairie Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Eightmile Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 64.6. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 35.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 10.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Utica town (based on Winnebago County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Winnebago County:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Winnebago County:||0.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Winnebago County:||3.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.36% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,332 average adjusted gross income)
0.02% of residents moved from foreign countries ($253 average AGI)
Winnebago County: 0.02% Wisconsin average: 0.02%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Outagamie County, WI||1.92% ($31,095 average AGI)|
|from Fond du Lac County, WI||0.36% ($30,641)|
|from Calumet County, WI||0.27% ($39,589)|
6.30% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,685 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($539 average AGI)
Winnebago County: 0.04% Wisconsin average: 0.03%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Utica:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WRPN (1600 AM; 5 kW; RIPON, WI)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WOSH (1490 AM; 1 kW; OSHKOSH, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Utica:
- WTCX (96.1 FM; RIPON, WI; Owner: RADIO B/C LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- WPKR (99.5 FM; OMRO, WI; Owner: MIDWEST DIMENSIONS, INC.)
- WVBO (103.9 FM; WINNECONNE, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBJZ (104.7 FM; BERLIN, WI; Owner: CAXAMBAS CORPORATION)
- WROE (94.3 FM; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWWX (96.9 FM; OSHKOSH, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- W203AV (88.5 FM; OSHKOSH, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WNCY-FM (100.3 FM; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WRST-FM (90.3 FM; OSHKOSH, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- KFIZ-FM (107.1 FM; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: RBH ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WFDL-FM (97.7 FM; LOMIRA, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS OF FOND DU LAC, INC.)
- WAUH (102.3 FM; WAUTOMA, WI; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING LLC)
- WEMI (91.9 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: EVANGEL MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Utica:
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- W23BL (Channel 23; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WWRS-TV (Channel 52; MAYVILLE, WI; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WLUK-TV (Channel 11; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRV-TV (Channel 5; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WBAY-TV (Channel 2; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF GREEN BAY, INC.)
- W17CF (Channel 17; RIPON, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPNE (Channel 38; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 15m49ftTotal length
- $165,000Total costs
- 9,020Total average daily traffic
- 435Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,490Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (57%)
- Utility gas (25%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Wood (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Utica compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.