Vernon: Vernon Courthouse
Vernon: Great place for donuts, kolaches, and coffee.
Vernon: Statue Downtown
Vernon: Downtown Building
Vernon: Downtown Vernon
Vernon: Downtown Vernon
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 76384.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,445 (it was $15,747 in 2000)
Vernon city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $73,094 (it was $42,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $99,884; Detached houses: $101,367; Townhouses or other attached units: $84,272; Mobile homes: $49,001
Median gross rent in 2015: $578.
Races in Vernon, TX (2015)
- 5,97853.1%White alone
- 1,20510.7%Black alone
- 2442.2%Two or more races
- 650.6%Asian alone
- 110.10%Other race alone
- 100.09%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
- A few numbers about alcohol consumption Aug 11
- High-paid finance jobs are moving outside of large cities Aug 9
|Vernon, TX? (11 replies)|
|Vernon, TX (7 replies)|
|Research about Vernon, TX. Help needed please :) (2 replies)|
|Anyone familiar with Mount Vernon (2 replies)|
|Can Houston really be considered a cheap city anymore? (342 replies)|
|Better Architecture: Big D or H-Town? (185 replies)|
Latest news from Vernon, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (9.1%), American (7.0%), Irish (4.3%), English (3.7%), African (2.0%), Scottish (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1216 feet
Land area: 8.10 square miles.
Population density: 1,300 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Vernon:
- High school or higher: 76.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 11.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Vernon city:
- Never married: 29.6%
- Now married: 45.7%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 14.7%
496 residents are foreign born (3.6% Latin America, 1.0% Asia).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 21 registered sex offenders living in Vernon, Texas as of August 18, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Vernon to the number of sex offenders is 513 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,500 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $859 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita Falls, TX (47.8 miles , pop. 104,197).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Oklahoma City, OK (135.7 miles , pop. 506,132).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (172.0 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Fargo-Odell, TX (3.0 miles ), Lockett, TX (3.5 miles ), Davidson, OK (3.7 miles ), Chillicothe, TX (3.8 miles ), Harrold-Oklaunion, TX (3.8 miles ), Thalia, TX (4.4 miles ), Frederick, OK (4.8 miles ), Electra, TX (4.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $55,000
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $53,800
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $68,600
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $57,700
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $81,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $70,600
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $62,100
- 2004: 63 buildings, average cost: $54,900
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $267,500
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $237,500
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $122,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $270,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $142,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.15 N, Longitude: 99.29 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +551 (+4.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 4,230 (82.4%)
Area code: 940
|Crime rates in Vernon by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||416.5||426.9||563.6||346.4||462.2||408.4||474.8||254.7||280.6||314.4||323.7||334.7||265.9||212.6||236.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Vernon detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -403 (-3.3%).
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Construction (9%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (8%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (36%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (24%)
- Healthcare support occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Vernon, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Vernon-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 93% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/10/1979, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.7 miles away from the Vernon city center killed 11 people and injured 68 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/1/1954, a category F4 tornado 27.3 miles away from the city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Vernon-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 67% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 115.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 66.3 miles away from Vernon center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 358.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 253.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 180.7 miles away from Vernon center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 105.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wilbarger County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Kenneth Starr - (born 1946), judge, independent counsel, Roy Orbison - (1936-1988), singer, Bernard Scott - Player of football, Bobby Joe Green - College football player, Chris Thomsen - Football player and coach, Jack Teagarden - (1905-1964), musician, Robert L. Duncan - Texas politician, Skandor Akbar - Wrestler, Jerry Haymes - Musician, Clyde Gates - Football player.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Vernon: John C. Morgan.
Hospitals and medical centers in Vernon:
- TEXOMA COMM HOSPICE (3821 WILBARGER STREET)
- VERNON STATE HOSPITAL (P O BOX 2231)
- WILBARGER GENERAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, 920 HILLCREST DR)
- TEXOMA REGIONAL CARE CENTER (4301 HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- VERNON CARE CENTER (2301 TEXAS ST)
- VERNON NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (4301 HOSPITAL DR)
- WILBARGER GENERAL HOSPITAL DIALYSIS OF VERNON (1000 GARLAND JOHNSTON DRIVE)
Airports and heliports located in Vernon:
- Wilbarger County Airport (F05) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 4,100, Local Ops: 12,300, Military Ops: 100)
- Lehman Airport (28TX) (Runways: 1)
- Lockett Airport (29TX) (Runways: 1)
- Shivers Private Airport (53TA) (Runways: 1)
- Wilbarger General Hospital Heliport (TS30)
College/University in Vernon:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Vernon:
- Western Oklahoma State College (about 36 miles; Altus, OK; Full-time enrollment: 2,054)
- Midwestern State University (about 49 miles; Wichita Falls, TX; FT enrollment: 4,901)
- Cameron University (about 59 miles; Lawton, OK; FT enrollment: 4,695)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (about 102 miles; Weatherford, OK; FT enrollment: 4,126)
- Abilene Christian University (about 119 miles; Abilene, TX; FT enrollment: 4,025)
- Cisco College (about 123 miles; Cisco, TX; FT enrollment: 2,687)
- North Central Texas College (about 128 miles; Gainesville, TX; FT enrollment: 6,550)
Public high schools in Vernon:
Public elementary/middle schools in Vernon:
Notable locations in Vernon: Hillcrest Country Club (A), Wilbarger County Courthouse (B), Vernon Fire and Emergency Medical Services Station 1 Headquarters (C), Red River Valley Museum (D), Vernon Fire and Emergency Medical Services Station 2 (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Vernon include: First Presbyterian Church (A), Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church (B), Grace Episcopal Church (C), Church of the Nazarene (D), Vernon Church of God (E), Wood Street Church of Christ (F), Church of Christ (G), Holy Family of Nazareth Catholic Church (H), Wood Saint Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Vernon: Vernon City Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Best Western Village Inn (1615 Expressway).
(16.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 35.5% for Black residents, 19.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 6.5% for American Indian residents, 30.7% for other race residents, 48.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Vernon in 2010:
- 332 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 110 people in college/university student housing
- 99 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 38 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Vernon in 2000:
- 350 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 148 people in nursing homes
- 111 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 22 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 12 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Vernon (2011 data):
- Herring Bank: Vernon Branch, Vernon Pease Street Branch, Mobile Branch. Info updated 2009/08/03: Bank assets: $562.6 mil, Deposits: $493.9 mil, headquarters in Amarillo, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 16 total offices, Holding Company: Herring Bancorp, Inc.
- Bank of the West: Detached Facility at 2012 Pease Street, branch established on 1976/01/12; Vernon Branch at 1630 Hillcrest Street, branch established on 1974/01/21. Info updated 2009/05/18: Bank assets: $330.1 mil, Deposits: $296.1 mil, headquarters in Grapevine, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Greater Southwest Bancshares, Inc.
- The Waggoner National Bank of Vernon: The Waggoner National Bank Of Vernon at 1818 Texas Street, branch established on 1899/07/03. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $244.2 mil, Deposits: $208.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Waggoner National Bancshares, Inc.
- State National Bank of Texas: Vernon Branch at 901 Hillcrest Drive, branch established on 2009/02/17. Info updated 2007/05/08: Bank assets: $207.1 mil, Deposits: $186.6 mil, headquarters in Iowa Park, TX, positive income, 8 total offices, Holding Company: North Central Texas Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Vernon city (based on Wilbarger County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wilbarger County:||1.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wilbarger County:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wilbarger County:||6.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Vernon, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$27,726||$66,542||1||$884|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$4,804||$57,648||1||$1,162|
|Police Protection - Officers||22||$69,800||$38,073||0||$0|
|Police - Other||10||$21,676||$26,011||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$16,210||$32,420||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$12,234||$29,362||1||$420|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||3||$12,334||$49,336||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||4||$11,996||$35,988||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||103||$333,238||$38,824||3||$2,466|
Vernon government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $267,000 ($25.35)
Parks & Recreation: $5,000 ($0.47)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,362,000 ($129.33)
Sewerage: $1,156,000 ($109.77)
Solid Waste Management: $1,146,000 ($108.82)
Fire Protection: $1,095,000 ($103.98)
Police Protection: $1,092,000 ($103.69)
Regular Highways: $717,000 ($68.08)
General - Other: $644,000 ($61.15)
Central Staff Services: $206,000 ($19.56)
Parks & Recreation: $201,000 ($19.09)
General Public Buildings: $156,000 ($14.81)
Financial Administration: $111,000 ($10.54)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $72,000 ($6.84)
Judicial and Legal Services: $58,000 ($5.51)
Libraries: $46,000 ($4.37)
Welfare - Other: $3,000 ($0.28)
Health Services - Other: $2,000 ($0.19)
- General - Interest on Debt: $255,000 ($24.21)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $38,000 ($3.61)
Fire Protection: $27,000 ($2.56)
Police Protection: $25,000 ($2.37)
Regular Highways: $7,000 ($0.66)
Protective Inspection & Regulation, NEC: $6,000 ($0.57)
Central Staff: $3,000 ($0.28)
General - Other: $2,000 ($0.19)
General Public Building: $1,000 ($0.09)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,645,000 ($251.16)
Vernon government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,228,000 ($116.61)
Solid Waste Management: $1,128,000 ($107.11)
All Other: $40,000 ($3.80)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($0.38)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $54,000 ($5.13)
- Local Intergovernmental - Health & Hospitals: $84,000 ($7.98)
General Support: $3,000 ($0.28)
All Other: $3,000 ($0.28)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $443,000 ($42.07)
General Revenue, NEC: $356,000 ($33.80)
Rents: $28,000 ($2.66)
Special Assessments: $17,000 ($1.61)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,225,000 ($211.28)
- State Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $129,000 ($12.25)
Highways: $4,000 ($0.38)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,210,000 ($114.90)
Property: $1,024,000 ($97.24)
Public Utilities: $450,000 ($42.73)
Other Selective Sales: $127,000 ($12.06)
NEC: $12,000 ($1.14)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $5,000 ($0.47)
Vernon government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $5,505,000 ($522.74)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $290,000 ($27.54)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $5,275,000 ($500.90)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $290,000 ($27.54)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $230,000 ($21.84)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - Beginning: $365,000 ($34.66)
End of Fiscal Year: $302,000 ($28.68)
Vernon government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $727,000 ($69.03)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $6,917,000 ($656.82)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $271,000 ($25.73)
6.22% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,828 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wichita County, TX||0.77% ($34,639 average AGI)|
|from Hardeman County, TX||0.62% ($24,414)|
|from Tarrant County, TX||0.47% ($20,909)|
7.07% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,332 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Vernon:
- KVWC (1490 AM; 1 kW; VERNON, TX; Owner: K V W C, INC.)
- KCAF (990 AM; 10 kW; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: RENAISSANCE RADIO, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KWFS (1290 AM; 5 kW; WICHITA FALLS, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Vernon:
- KVWC-FM (103.1 FM; VERNON, TX; Owner: KVWC, INC.)
- KYYI (104.7 FM; BURKBURNETT, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KOLI (94.9 FM; ELECTRA, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KRKZ (93.5 FM; ALTUS, OK; Owner: ALTUS RADIO, INC.)
- KIXC-FM (100.9 FM; QUANAH, TX; Owner: KIXC-FM L.L.C.)
- KSYE (91.5 FM; FREDERICK, OK; Owner: CRISWELL CENTER FOR BIBLICAL STUDIES)
- KYBE (95.9 FM; FREDERICK, OK; Owner: TOMAR BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Vernon:
- KSWO-TV (Channel 7; LAWTON, OK; Owner: KSWO TELEVISION COMPANY, INC.)
- KJTL (Channel 18; WICHITA FALLS, TX; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K47DK (Channel 47; GRANDFIELD, OK; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K56BQ (Channel 56; FREDERICK, OK; Owner: OKLAHOMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 21Number of bridges
- 114m374ftTotal length
- 113,430Total average daily traffic
- 22,684Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 86 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 25 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Vernon, TX)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 51 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Vernon)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Vernon)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 46 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 164
- Hazardous Condition: 125
- Service Call: 47
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Vernon
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Vernon, Texas:
- Super 8 -Vernon, 1829 Hwy 287, Vernon, Texas 76384 , Phone: (940) 552-9321, Fax: (940) 552-9321
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites, 700 Hillcrest Dr, Vernon, Texas 76384 , Phone: (940) 552-0200, Fax: (940) 552-0201
- Hampton Inn, 4131 Western Trail Dr, Vernon, Texas 76384 , Phone: (940) 552-2100, Fax: (940) 552-2105
|Most common first names in Vernon, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Vernon, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (58%)
- Electricity (41%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
|Businesses in Vernon, TX|
|Days Inn||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|H&R Block||1||U.S. Cellular||1|
Vernon compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
Vernon on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards (population 1,000+)"
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Health care and social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Health care and social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #66 on the list of "Top 100 cities with shortest commuting times (pop. 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2017.