We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||41.3 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05079.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,629 (it was $16,161 in 2000)
Vershire town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $151,795 (it was $76,400 in 2000)
Races in Vershire, VT (2010)
- 67392.2%White alone
- 314.2%Two or more races
- 101.4%Black alone
- 50.7%Asian alone
- 10.1%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Other race alone
|Springfield, VT Future High Tech Town? 1Gbit FiberOptic Up/Down Speed (13 replies)|
|loved Burlington, but...... (65 replies)|
|If you're leaving VT, where are you going? (156 replies)|
|Looking to relocate to VT from NJ. (72 replies)|
|City for Social Worker/Therapist? (10 replies)|
|Activities for Babies & Toddlers (3 replies)|
Latest news from Vershire, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (23.7%), Irish (15.3%), French (13.7%), Scottish (8.3%), German (7.0%), United States (4.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1268 feet
Land area: 36.5 square miles.
Population density: 20 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Vershire:
- High school or higher: 79.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.3%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Vershire town:
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 59.2%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 2.0%
- Divorced: 16.4%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Vershire, Vermont as of December 12, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Vershire to the number of sex offenders is 730 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Vershire town:||1.8% ($1,367)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (79.6 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (128.5 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (228.7 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: West Fairlee, VT (2.2 miles ), Strafford, VT (2.3 miles ), Corinth, VT (2.4 miles ), Chelsea, VT (2.8 miles ), Fairlee, VT (2.9 miles ), Tunbridge, VT (3.0 miles ), Thetford, VT (3.0 miles ), Bradford, VT (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 43.95 N, Longitude: 72.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Construction (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Health care (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Printing and related support activities (4%)
- Health care (20%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Printing and related support activities (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Personal and laundry services (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Woodworkers (7%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (12%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
Average climate in Vershire, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Vershire-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/11/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 11.6 miles away from the Vershire town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1973, a category F2 tornado 32.1 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Vershire-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 78.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 100.6 miles away from Vershire center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 47.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 77.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 30.9 miles away from Vershire center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 50.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orange County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 15, Storms: 14, Tropical Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Vershire:
- Dartmouth College (about 17 miles; Hanover, NH; Full-time enrollment: 6,030)
- Norwich University (about 22 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Plymouth State University (about 35 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Middlebury College (about 43 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- Castleton State College (about 49 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Saint Michael's College (about 57 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 57 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
Notable location: Vershire Fire and Rescue, Incorporated (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Vershire: Vershire Bible Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Vershire Village Cemetery (1), Vershire Center Cemetery (2), Taylor Valley Cemetery (3), Spear-Norris Cemetery (4), South Vershire Cemetery (5), Smith-Mill Village Cemetery (6), Norris-Davis Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Whitehouse Pond (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 63.3. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 25.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 18.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 17.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 6.16. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
People in group quarters in Vershire in 2010:
- 24 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 9 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 6 people in group homes intended for adults
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Vershire town (based on Orange County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orange County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||7.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
6.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,737 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washington County, VT||1.42% ($29,382 average AGI)|
|from Windsor County, VT||0.99% ($32,300)|
|from Grafton County, NH||0.70% ($32,424)|
6.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,548 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Vershire:
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPNH (1300 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWWT (1320 AM; 1 kW; RANDOLPH, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Vershire:
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WRJT (103.1 FM; ROYALTON, VT; Owner: LISBON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WCMD (89.9 FM; BARRE, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCVR-FM (102.1 FM; RANDOLPH, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Vershire:
- W15BK (Channel 15; HANOVER, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WBVT-LP (Channel 39; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: NYN, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 8m26ftTotal length
- $246,000Total costs
- 3,410Total average daily traffic
- 192Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,805Total future (year 2018) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Rt 113 4 Mi Nw (Lat: 43.989222 Lon: -72.370083), Call Sign: KCI232, Licensee ID: L00104419
Assigned Frequencies: 45.3200 MHzGrant Date: 01/18/2000, Expiration Date: 02/06/2005, Cancellation Date: 04/09/2005Registrant: County Of Orange, Chelsea, VT 05038
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: AD1I, Grant Date: 04/16/1998, Expiration Date: 04/16/2008, Cancellation Date: 11/28/1999, Registrant: William J Kenefick, Vershire, VT 05079
- Call Sign: KC1EDG, Licensee ID: L01957489, Grant Date: 07/17/2015, Expiration Date: 07/17/2025, Certifier: William R Fisher, Registrant: William R Fisher, Vershire, VT 05079
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: GOODEMOTE ARTHUR O POBER PIXIE (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 4482X , Serial Number: AG-1
Registrant (Individual): Charles L Zue, 566 Chamberlain Hill Rd, Vershire, VT 05079
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 12/18/1975, Exported to: Canada
- Aircraft: PIPER J3C-65 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 67 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5145B , Serial Number: 43-528, Airworthiness Date: 03/12/1958
Registrant (Individual): B Patterson Barnes, 978 Durgin Hill Rd, Vershire, VT 05079
Drinking water stations with addresses in Vershire and their reported violations in the past:VERSHIRE RIDING SCHOOL (Address: 336 VERSHIRE RIDING SCHOOL RD , Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (52%)
- Wood (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (17%)
Vershire compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2018.