We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||39.8 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 30627
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $25,264 (it was $18,970 in 2000)
Vesta-Enterprise CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $135,462 (it was $82,400 in 2000)
Races in Vesta-Enterprise, GA (2000)
- 1,02763.0%White alone
- 55333.9%Black alone
- 90.6%Two or more races
- 60.4%Asian alone
- 50.3%American Indian alone
- 30.2%Other race alone
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 121.6 square miles.
Population density: 15 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Vesta-Enterprise:
- High school or higher: 68.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 6.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Vesta-Enterprise CCD:
- Never married: 27.0%
- Now married: 55.0%
- Separated: 3.9%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 10.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Vesta-Enterprise CCD:||0.6% ($467)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Athens, GA (23.2 miles , pop. 76,500).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (83.1 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (601.3 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Carlton, GA (2.7 miles ), Lexington, GA (3.1 miles ), Crawford, GA (3.4 miles ), Comer, GA (3.4 miles ), Rayle, GA (3.5 miles) , Elberton, GA (3.6 miles ), Arnoldsville, GA (3.8 miles ), Tignall, GA (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 33.95 N, Longitude: 82.97 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 706
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (11%)
- Repair and maintenance (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Health care (9%)
- Chemicals (6%)
- Apparel (6%)
- Personal and laundry services (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (17%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Extraction workers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (13%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (8%)
- Waiters and waitresses (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
Average climate in Vesta-Enterprise, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Vesta-Enterprise-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 14% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/31/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.9 miles away from the Vesta-Enterprise place center killed 7 people and injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 11/22/1992, a category F4 tornado 33.4 miles away from the place center killed 5 people and injured 86 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Vesta-Enterprise-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 28.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 156.4 miles away from Vesta-Enterprise center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 139.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 178.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 299.2 miles away from Vesta-Enterprise center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 249.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Oglethorpe County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Vesta-Enterprise:
- QUIET OAKS HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; CRAWFORD, GA)
- HERITAGE HEALTHCARE AT SPRING VALLEY (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; ELBERTON, GA)
- SPRING VALLEY HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; ELBERTON, GA)
- COBB HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; COMER, GA)
- COMER HEALTH CARE INC (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; COMER, GA)
- ELBERTON DIALYSIS FACILITY INC (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; ELBERTON, GA)
- HEARDMONT NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; ELBERTON, GA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Vesta-Enterprise:
- Athens Technical College (about 22 miles; Athens, GA; Full-time enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Georgia (about 23 miles; Athens, GA; FT enrollment: 32,679)
- Anderson University (about 44 miles; Anderson, SC; FT enrollment: 2,510)
- Tri-County Technical College (about 49 miles; Pendleton, SC; FT enrollment: 5,174)
- Lander University (about 50 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- Clemson University (about 51 miles; Clemson, SC; FT enrollment: 20,131)
- Piedmont Technical College (about 53 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 4,831)
Notable locations in Vesta-Enterprise: Echols Mill (A), Kennedys Gate (B), Vesta Volunteer Fire Department (C), Glade Volunteer Fire Department (D), Sandy Cross Volunteer Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Vesta-Enterprise include: Vesta Baptist Church (A), Sandy Cross Baptist Church (B), Palmetto Church (C), Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church (D), Fort Bethel Church (E), Millstone Church (F), New Hope Church (G), Glade Church (H), Rocky Branch Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Rocky Branch Cemetery (1), Chafin Cemetery (2), Bridges Cemetery (3), Cunningham Cemetery (4), Earl Bolton Cemetery (5), Faust Cemetery (6), Hardman Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Indian Creek (A), South Fork Broad River (B), Grove Creek (C), Rains Branch (D), Goosepond Creek (E), Buffalo Creek (F), Beaver Creek (G), Mule Branch (H), Millstone Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 57.5. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.4. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 21.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.68. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.3 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Vesta-Enterprise CCD (based on Oglethorpe County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Oglethorpe County:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oglethorpe County:||5.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
7.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,946 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Clarke County, GA||2.65% ($28,072 average AGI)|
|from Madison County, GA||0.98% ($25,413)|
|from Oconee County, GA||0.42% ($26,450)|
8.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,513 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Vesta-Enterprise:
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WRFC (960 AM; 5 kW; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF ATHENS, INC)
- WBKZ (880 AM; daytime; 5 kW; JEFFERSON, GA; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRIX (1020 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HOMELAND PARK, SC; Owner: AM 1020 INCORPORATED)
- WDUN (550 AM; 10 kW; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: JWJ PROPERTIRS, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Vesta-Enterprise:
- WWRK-FM (92.1 FM; ELBERTON, GA; Owner: RADIO ELBERTON, INC.)
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGMG (102.1 FM; CRAWFORD, GA; Owner: NEW BROADCAST INVESTMENT PROPERTIES, INC)
- WEHR (105.1 FM; ELBERTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA-CAROLINA RADIOCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUGA (91.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WNGC (106.1 FM; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF PENSACOLA, INC)
- WPMA (102.7 FM; BUCKHEAD, GA; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY, L.P.)
- WXKT (100.1 FM; WASHINGTON, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Vesta-Enterprise:
- W22AC (Channel 22; HARTWELL & ROYSTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W42AO (Channel 42; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA REGIONAL COMMUNITY TV)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (54%)
- Electricity (36%)
- Wood (6%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
Vesta-Enterprise compared to Georgia state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Vesta-Enterprise on our top lists:
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most cars per house, population 500+"
- #76 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"